PDA

View Full Version : [teal]Thank you to KW for getting us those grinders[/teal]

Win1ForMe
04-08-2004, 03:46 PM
What a great "powerhouse" team we have. It's still all or nothing with these guys.

I could almost bet that, in this series, we'll have one 12+ run game, and then we'll score a total of 3 runs for the other two.

poorme
04-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Who'd he get?

anewman35
04-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by poorme
Who'd he get?

I think the thread title was sarcasm

SEALgep
04-08-2004, 03:49 PM
What makes you think if we had all the grinders in the world we would have won today?

Win1ForMe
04-08-2004, 03:50 PM
I fixed it for you guys...

SoxxoS
04-08-2004, 03:51 PM
We have Juan Pierre lite, don't you see?

He is the Choice II.

He is completely overmatched at the major league level. But KW said in SI that you need 300 at bats to truly evaluate a player, so expect Harris to be playing a lot, ala the Choice, in the first half.

KingXerxes
04-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
What makes you think if we had all the grinders in the world we would have won today?

That's not quite the point is it? The fact that Kenny Williams six months ago was talking about how this team was too dependant upon home runs, and that they needed to equip themselves with "grinders" who could crank it out day in and day out, and then does nothing in order to set that up is the point.

I know it's way too early, but what changes have been made in this team to make anyone think that it's not going to play the same type of baseball that they did last year? Ozzie Guillen? Well in order to play small ball, you've got to have small ball players - which is what I thought KW said he was going to get when he spoke of "grinders".

harwar
04-08-2004, 04:39 PM
The one thing that really bugs me is that we let Colon,Sullivan,Gordon,Everett,& and R.Alomar all walk and we sign Jose to a big contract.