PDA

View Full Version : If only O.B. did Sox postgame shows instead of Bears postgame shows

Viva Magglio
09-09-2001, 06:27 PM
These two losses were terrible collapses by our bullpen. Is there anyone to blame for these losses? My frustration with these kinds of losses that we have had all year is immense. Sure, I realize that we have had a lot of injuries. Yet, I think we still should have won many more games than we have. I think we had the capability to overcome these devestating injuries, yet we blew it.

chisoxt
09-09-2001, 08:07 PM
The more close games we play against good teams, the more our very shallow bullpen is exposed.

doublem23
09-09-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
These two losses were terrible collapses by our bullpen. Is there anyone to blame for these losses? My frustration with these kinds of losses that we have had all year is immense. Sure, I realize that we have had a lot of injuries. Yet, I think we still should have won many more games than we have. I think we had the capability to overcome these devestating injuries, yet we blew it.

The injuries sealed our fate. We had a chance, but our bullpen just got ravaged by injuries this year. The Mariners are living proof that you need a good bullpen to win. Remember 4-5 years ago when they had a terrible 'pen? Was it any coincidence they sucked? Unlikely. Now they have one of the best pens in the majors, and they've played the best baseball in the majors for pretty much the entire season now, and there's no real reason to expect them to collapse in the big show.

The only real exception to this is Cleveland. Somehow or another they have managed to hold onto first place for most of the 2nd half despite having 0 pitching.