PDA

View Full Version : Winston-Salem Outfield

Soxheads
04-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Oh my, what an outfield. With Anderson, Sweeney and Nanita the starters, do you guys think they have a shot to overcome the percieved lack of pitching strength to be seen at this time?

Also, they have the younger brother of Carlos Lee, named, ironically enough, Carlos Lee.

HomeFish
04-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Carlos Lee is a catcher, I see. Is he any good?

Soxheads
04-07-2004, 08:41 PM
He played in Great Falls last year so this is a nice promotion, but I wouldn't expect him anytime soon. Plus, two of 'em would just cause more headaches between Hawk and DJ. :smile:

doublem23
04-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
He played in Great Falls last year so this is a nice promotion, but I wouldn't expect him anytime soon. Plus, two of 'em would just cause more headaches between Hawk and DJ. :smile:

No, they'd just call him Caballito.

ondafarm
04-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh my, what an outfield. With Anderson, Sweeney and Nanita the starters, do you guys think they have a shot to overcome the percieved lack of pitching strength to be seen at this time?

Also, they have the younger brother of Carlos Lee, named, ironically enough, Carlos Lee.

W-S's pitching is not particularly bad. They did hold Charlotte to just five runs in an exhibition game.

ondafarm
04-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Carlos Lee is a catcher, I see. Is he any good?

Good offense but how well does he call a game. W-S also has another catcher, Rosa.

Soxheads
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
They also have Ryan Wade on the DL. What I meant on the subject of Warthog pitching is that they have no big studs like they had in Honel or Wing last year and not nearly as much as expected out of them as could be about other rotations in the organization.

TheRockinMT
04-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I think there isa chance we will be seeing the Sox outfield of the future plus add in Borchard at AAA

southsidegirl
04-07-2004, 09:57 PM

Now, how does this happen? Thats like how Magglio named his kids Magglio Jr. and Maggliana.