PDA

View Full Version : Any brushbacks today against KC?

A. Cavatica
04-07-2004, 08:57 PM
I wanted to see several things today:

* a win
* the Sox play hard and well for 9 innings
* Beltran HBP, or at least brushed back

We got the win (congratulations Ozzie!) and we did play well except for the blown rundown. Frank's 18-pitch walk was the best moment.

But I see no HBPs in the box score. Did we drop any KC batters on their fannies?

Poll: should we have?

HomeFish
04-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Why give them free baserunners?

RedPinStripes
04-07-2004, 09:32 PM
I think they could have found a good time to drill Beltran in the 1st inning!

guillen4life13
04-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Why hit Beltran? He didn't show us up--he just caused us to lose, which is what he's paid to do.

Plus Beltran is a really good baserunner/stealer. At all costs it's better not to have him on base.

A. Cavatica
04-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Hit someone else, then. Santiago. Berroa. Just to send a message...

Brian26
04-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
* Beltran HBP, or at least brushed back

Yeah, nothing like firing up KC more than they already are. Minnesota has owned us for 3 years because of this crap. Now you want to piss off KC too?

Beltran beat us fair and square on a a crap pitch. Give him a nod and let it go. We'll get them next time.

npdempse
04-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Hit someone else, then. Santiago. Berroa. Just to send a message...

???

Send a message to a guy who's crowding the plate, or disrespecting you in the press. There's no need to play chin music for somebody who just beat you fair & square.

SSN721
04-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
???

Send a message to a guy who's crowding the plate, or disrespecting you in the press. There's no need to play chin music for somebody who just beat you fair & square.

I completely agree, if we hit a batter with a pitch every time someone won a game the way KC did monday because of a clutch hit I think every team in the American League would have a vendetta against the Sox. DOnt need to bean someone because they capitalized on a bad pitch or just did a good job of hitting. That makes no sense to me.