PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee

SoxBoy14
04-07-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm really impressed with Carlos Lee hitting wise so far. He's hit a home run every game so far, it's only two but it seems like twenty! I see a little competition for most home runs on the Sox this year between Carlos, Maggs and Da Big Hurt.

ShoelessFred
04-07-2004, 07:22 PM
a home run in every game?

better check him for the juice

:shammy

"Carlos worked out with me this offseason"

RedPinStripes
04-07-2004, 08:29 PM
I'd like to see Carlos learn how to run the bases and not play on the warning track in LF.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
He's on pace for 162 home runs this season! :)

niucons
04-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'd like to see Carlos learn how to run the bases and not play on the warning track in LF.

I'm really starting to hate Ozzy. He hasn't cost us a game yet on the basebaths, but wait, it will come. I'm a Moneyball guy, I believe that unless you get 70% of your bases, you hurt the team. Today, the Chi Sox killed themselves with bad running and horrible fielding. We won, but With our guy on the mount and our slugger lineup, we should have killled. Forget SmallBall, We are a HomeRun Team. Magglio, BigFrank(If He keeps up what he did today, HOF baby), Lee, Valintine, Konerko, Alomar, Crede, We're full of sluggers, let them slug. No wasted outs on the basepaths.

batmanZoSo
04-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I'm really impressed with Carlos Lee hitting wise so far. He's hit a home run every game so far, it's only two but it seems like twenty! I see a little competition for most home runs on the Sox this year between Carlos, Maggs and Da Big Hurt.

I called today's homer like it was no one's business. As long as he hit it off May. I only listened at work, so I don't know...

Lee was rated very high in fantasy this year. I was surprised. He was like up in the top 50 overall in Yahoo if Im not mistaken. This may be the year he becomes more like Manny Ramirez and less like Julio. That would be great. We need every breakout year we can get out of these guys. Lord knows we're due...

WSox8404
04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
In my opinion, Lee is going to have a near MVP year. His swing looks really sweet so far.

A. Cavatica
04-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Lee was rated very high in fantasy this year.

Who cares?

soxfan26
04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by niucons
I'm really starting to hate Ozzy. He hasn't cost us a game yet on the basebaths, but wait, it will come. I'm a Moneyball guy, I believe that unless you get 70% of your bases, you hurt the team. Today, the Chi Sox killed themselves with bad running and horrible fielding. We won, but With our guy on the mount and our slugger lineup, we should have killled. Forget SmallBall, We are a HomeRun Team. Magglio, BigFrank(If He keeps up what he did today, HOF baby), Lee, Valintine, Konerko, Alomar, Crede, We're full of sluggers, let them slug. No wasted outs on the basepaths.

Oh yeah! Just look at how far this slugging lineup has taken us the past few seasons!

RedPinStripes
04-07-2004, 10:21 PM

If yopu wait for homers every game, you'll never get past the first round of teh playoffs. Sure, tehre are world series teams that had a lot of bombers, but they had gys like Ricky Henderson and a young Canseco who would take chance and be aggressive runners. It's not Ozzie's fault this team is stupid. They were dumb before he got here.

RedPinStripes
04-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Who cares?

Whoever drafted him.

munchman33
04-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Carlos is usually the one who gets out of the gates well. I'm more excited that the rest of the team seems to be swinging the bat pretty well too.

JC456
04-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
a home run in every game?

better check him for the juice

:shammy

"Carlos worked out with me this offseason"

Hey shoeless, how about spineless Fred instead. Every morning having to sit there and take in Murph after Murph Flubbie stuff and never, repeat never with a Sox comback! Spineless I say!!!

batmanZoSo
04-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Who cares?

lol

okay..

daveeym
04-08-2004, 09:08 AM

Hmmm they play smallball the game before and score 7. Right that's a bad thing.

huskie26
04-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Forget SmallBall, We are a HomeRun Team.

We NEED smallball. One of the things you constently heard about last years team after thier failed playoff run -- "Well they could have won a few more games against the Tigers. Detroit was almost the worst team in the history of baseball." Comerica is a huge stadium and you have to practically hit the ball into Windsor, Ont. for a home run. Smallball will help us with more of the "should win" games.

samram
04-08-2004, 10:05 AM
I don't see how "smallball" can hurt. One of the reasons so many people wanted Konerko traded during the offseason was because he was a perfect example of the stereotypical Sox hitter for the last 5 years- slow, right-handed, streaky, power-hitter. As I watched the playoffs last season, I really wished our order featured guys like Pierre and Castillo at the top- they can control the entire game with that speed.

wwjd
04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
MTMAP, make them make a play !
I'm liking the small ball approach guys. If you look back at the Jerry Manual years, the times they were going good was when they were playing small ball.

poorme
04-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Carlos Lee getting thrown out trying for a double wasn't too smart. I think there was only 1 out.