PDA

View Full Version : Sox @ Yankees Thurs... Nationally Televised?

Nard
04-07-2004, 06:02 PM
According to ESPN.com the Yankees game is gonna be on the main channel.

Let's get some good exposure here...

Eddie Gaedel
04-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Nard
According to ESPN.com the Yankees game is gonna be on the main channel.

Let's get some good exposure here...

don't you mean the SOX game?

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Wow, the Yanks home opener, and we put them on tv. They better thank us.

jabrch
04-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Should be Garland vs Vazquez, right? If Tampa won 2 of 3 (down 2-1 in the 8th today) vs the Yanks, they are clearly beatable. The great news is that after Vazquez, we get Contreras and Osborne before Mussina. We duck Kevin Brown and don't give them a chance to skip Osborne.

http://www.ozzy.com/rr_01.jpg
"Who Me?"

"Let's go out to the ballgame. Let's go out to the bluhhhhhn.

Take me a ee-yan eeya the field. I don't care if I ahh-uhn ack.

Da da da da duh da da da eam. Duh ee, da da da da dahhh.

For a fee, two, three strikes you're out at the old ballgame.

Yeahhhhhh."

DSpivack
04-07-2004, 06:39 PM
In the recap of today's game it says 12:30 ET. Yet on the schedule it says 6 or so. Which is it?

Paulwny
04-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
In the recap of today's game it says 12:30 ET. Yet on the schedule it says 6 or so. Which is it?

1:05 my time, 12:05 your time
Expect the game to be delayed, all the opening day yankmee hoopla.

koch44
04-07-2004, 06:50 PM
We all now how awesome the Sox play in front of a national audience!

santo=dorf
04-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Let's start Neal Cotts!!!

anewman35
04-07-2004, 06:59 PM

That was the original schedule, I think they changed it after their Japan trip was finalized (because this wasn't originally this home opener, now it is).

DSpivack
04-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
1:05 my time, 12:05 your time
Expect the game to be delayed, all the opening day yankmee hoopla.

Thanks!

Alas, 1:05 is my time, as well. Georgia is ET.

Paulwny
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks!

Sorry, didn't look at your location, I just assumed Il.

DSpivack
04-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Sorry, didn't look at your location, I just assumed Il.

No prob.

niucons
04-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks!

For the love of God, can the White Sox play a night game please? As another Die Hard Sox fan stuck in Georgia, it's killing me missing these games. I coughed up the $150 bucks to directv to get the stinking games, I've paid another $20 bucks to get the radio feed at work, but I really, really want to watch an actual game. Please ESPN or whoever is doing this game, I NEED a 6pm start.

Nard
04-07-2004, 08:27 PM
You have a job? Instead of drinking and watching games at noontime?

ShoelessFred
04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Let's start Neal Cotts!!!

:jerry

"why didn't i think of that?"

:ozzie

"cause it's MY team now and we have FUNG!"

StepsInSC
04-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by niucons
For the love of God, can the White Sox play a night game please? As another Die Hard Sox fan stuck in Georgia, it's killing me missing these games. I coughed up the $150 bucks to directv to get the stinking games, I've paid another $20 bucks to get the radio feed at work, but I really, really want to watch an actual game. Please ESPN or whoever is doing this game, I NEED a 6pm start.

Nice to see all these Sox fans in the south, its gets rather lonely.

niucons
04-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Nice to see all these Sox fans in the south, its gets rather lonely.

I'm glad to have fans here with me. If I have to listen to how the Braves are better then the Phillies again I will go nuts.

I've got to plan a day at work where I pretend I'm not there, sneak into an unused cube, and just listen to the game.

DSpivack
04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Yet another Sox fan down here in Georgia...maybe we should go to a Braves game [which I never have been to] sometime.

niucons
04-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Yet another Sox fan down here in Georgia...maybe we should go to a Braves game [which I never have been to] sometime.

DSpivack, this reminds me of a story from the playoffs last year. I work for a company with a Corporate Box. Therefore when I moved to Atlanta last June, I went to about a dozen braves games. Anyways, I have some misguided friends that like that team on the north side. I'm sitting at work during the first Cubs Braves playoff game, when I get a call from my Cubs friends. "Hey, We're in Nashville, we'll be there in a few hours, get tickets for the game tonight" Well, I hit ticketmaster, up, Front row seats, just behind home, only 35 bucks a piece. I said OK, and paid for them. About an hour later at work, Iget an email, we've got tickets for the game, first come first serve. So I wasted 35 X 4 on tickets, but we hit the game from a skybox. These crazy bastards, Even though they were the wrong BB team fans, drove down straight from Soldier Field, after they watched the Bears Play the Packers. Honestly, how could a White Sox fan say no to that?

I showed up to the TED the next day in a Paul Konerko Jearsy. My Cubs buddies each wore either Urlacher or Brown Jearsies, mainly because they sobered up around Carbondale.

To finish the story, when the Cubs took the lead, I started rooting for the Cubs. Where does my loyalty lie in this situation? I'll leave that up to the WSI folks.

To make it a long story short(TO LATE), I went to all the Cubs Braves games in Atlanta. I can get tickets to all the Braves games for free. All you guys who are Pale Hose Assasins, let me know when you just want to watch a game, we'll go, like I said, I can get tickets for free.

I'll let you pass judgement on my story, but hey, I've flown back to chicago for less reason,.

niucons
04-07-2004, 09:24 PM
I've noticed the grammer errors, as well as the, well, Cubs sympathy. Remember 1906. I'll back my claims up, any of you guys in the south who want to go to a Braves game, give me a couple days warning and I'll get you box seats for free. It really pissed me off when I heard the Braves were playing the Sox at 35th and Shields this year.

RedPinStripes
04-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
:jerry

"why didn't i think of that?"

:ozzie

"cause it's MY team now and we have FUNG!"

LMAO!

skobabe8
04-08-2004, 12:47 AM
The southsiders are on ESPN thursday??Damn! I wanted to see another Astros/Giants game on national tv!

Rocklive99
04-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Well we are on national tv plenty of times, (WGN and should be on TBS this year). That kind of scares me tho

Maybe the weather will save us if we're in big trouble. We should be able to get tomorows in before rain starts in the Bronx.

Here is the Weather Channel sporting event forecast. http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/result/?from=sportsopt1&query=SPORTS_DATE_AND_TEAM&month=4&dom=08&team=beau

Originally posted by niucons
It really pissed me off when I heard the Braves were playing the Sox at 35th and Shields this year.

Well they did play at Turner the last time they met up