steff
04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Just busted on WSI.. :D:

Rocky Soprano
04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
What he say?

BeerHandle
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
I guess someone posted that Dave W. pumps up the sponsors. He did say they got one wrong. I think he said Kings X. He did say whitesoxinteractive.com about 4 times.

steff
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
What he say?

Someone posted something about him talking about the sponsors.

Who's the guilty party...??

Hondo
04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
I heard this too. He mentioned that someone was giving him grief for the way he pumps up the sponsors and how they got most of them right with the exception of the Dodge dealership.
He was talking about people's parodies of him, Farmer, and Rooney and how they should leave it to King X.

It seemed in good humor and like Mark Cuban says "Any publicity is good publicity".

He mentioned the site in full at least four times though

hose
04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Good to hear Willsy after a White Sox winner. :cool:

:wills

santo=dorf
04-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I guess someone posted that Dave W. pumps up the sponsors. He did say they got one wrong. I think he said Kings X. He did say whitesoxinteractive.com about 4 times.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=31242&s=&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&display=show

Maybe he was talking about my post or Brian26's. :?:

Brian26
04-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=31242&s=&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&display=show

Maybe he was talking about my post or Brian26's. :?:

Hahahahaha. I think he may have been talking about me! Ha- it's funny because I completely forgot the car dealership he always mentions, so I did in fact get that one wrong.

Did anyone catch the whole thing? What did he say exactly?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Hahahahaha. I think he may have been talking about me! Ha- it's funny because I completely forgot the car dealership he always mentions, so I did in fact get that one wrong.

Did anyone catch the whole thing? What did he say exactly?

It's South Oak Dodge in Matteson, not Oak Lawn Dodge on 95th...

:hizzoner
"Gentlemen, get it right. The police are not there to create disorder. The police are there to *preserve* disorder!"

PaleHoseGeorge
04-07-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm sure Wills' was referring to this *classic* bit of biting sarcasm posted by KingXerxes after yesterday's opening game. The King Rules... and Wills acknowledged it. :smile:

Hawk, who you crappin'? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=350072#post350072)

Be sure to read the two posts that follow the one above, here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=350078#post350078) and here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=350079#post350079).

"That scorer is a big drillrod Cubs fans."

:)

Daver
04-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Yep.

And that is why he is the King.

Brian26
04-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I'm sure Wills' was referring to this *classic* bit of biting sarcasm posted by KingXerxes after yesterday's opening game. The King Rules... and Wills acknowledged it.

Didn't Wills talk about being made fun of because he was dropping sponsor names? Not to take anything away from King, because he rules. But, it appears Wills may have been talking about Santo-dorf and my posts in the "1973 Jersey" thread in the Parking Lot. Just throwing out the possibility. I didn't hear it, unfortunately, so I can't say for sure. Maybe Steff can help us out here. Maybe he was talking about all of us? Wills rules.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Didn't Wills talk about being made fun of because he was dropping sponsor names? Not to take anything away from King, because he rules. But, it appears Wills may have been talking about Santo-dorf and my posts in the "1973 Jersey" thread in the Parking Lot. Just throwing out the possibility. I didn't hear it, unfortunately, so I can't say for sure. Maybe Steff can help us out here. Maybe he was talking about all of us? Wills rules.

First, I didn't hear Wills' bit on the radio. Piecing together what others who did hear it posted here, Wills was making fun of you and Santo=dorf for not getting all his sponsors right, specifically South Oak Dodge. He then went on to say the imitations ought to left to KingX, who we all agree rules.

I was driving back from Milwaukee and missed Wills show. Normally I would have provided a first-hand report as I nearly always tune in Wills after the Sox game.

Brian26
04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
First, I didn't hear Wills' bit on the radio. Piecing together what others who did hear it posted here, Wills was making fun of you and Santo=dorf for not getting all his sponsors right, specifically South Oak Dodge. He then went on to say the imitations ought to left to KingX, who we all agree rules.

I was driving back from Milwaukee and missed Wills show. Normally I would have provided a first-hand report as I nearly always tune in Wills after the Sox game.

Gotcha. I knew I should have stopped before the South Oak Dodge...but we'll get him next time.

"Brian, don't make me kick your ass like I kicked Kris Kross' ass, drillrod."

gogosoxgogo
04-07-2004, 10:45 PM

"Brian, don't make me kick your ass like I kicked Kris Kross' ass, drillrod."

Or, he'll get you out on one pitch at this year's fantasy camp!

TornLabrum
04-07-2004, 11:38 PM
It's South Oak Dodge in Matteson, not Oak Lawn Dodge on 95th...

:hizzoner
"Gentlemen, get it right. The police are not there to create disorder. The police are there to *preserve* disorder!"

And he almost always mispronounces Matteson. It's "MAT-tuh-son," not "MATT-son." It's a 3-syllable word, a 19th century governor of Illinois who was from Joliet, iirc. (Pronounced "JOLE-yet," not "Jolly-yet."

Brian26
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And he almost always mispronounces Matteson. It's "MAT-tuh-son," not "MATT-son." It's a 3-syllable word, a 19th century governor of Illinois who was from Joliet, iirc. (Pronounced "JOLE-yet," not "Jolly-yet."

Torn- Did that change sometime in the mid 90's? Growing up in the sw burbs, I always heard it called "Matt-son" (two syllables). After getting out of school and doing some work with the Village down there, I learned of the three-syllable pronunciation. I think someone told me recently that they actually passed an ordinace or law in their Village Council Meeting proclaiming the correct pronunciation. But, recently I was told by someone else that they have in fact gone BACK to the two syllable pronunciation. Confused yet? LOL. I am.

santo=dorf
04-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Joliet, iirc. (Pronounced "JOLE-yet," not "Jolly-yet."

GOD does that bug me when people call it "JOLLY-yet." :angry:

santo=dorf
04-08-2004, 01:11 AM

He was always talking about how Grandstand was coming out with an exclusive Bill Melton throwback jersey. I went there in January and they said it would be in stock soon.

"Save your money kid."

wdelaney72
04-08-2004, 07:04 AM
Sorry, but Wills is a drill-rod.

34 Inch Stick
04-08-2004, 07:36 AM

It's the same people who pronounce asphalt, "ash-fault."

Brian26
04-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
It's the same people who pronounce asphalt, "ash-fault."

Ugh. I hear that quite often being in the engineering profession. Awful.

Iwritecode
04-08-2004, 09:45 AM

I once read a book about old, weird laws that are still in existence and it mentioned that it was actually illegal to mis-pronounce the name of the city. Of course it didn't tell you the actual proper pronunciation.

There's also a law that says it's illegal to fish for whales in any lake, stream or river in the state of Ohio...

:)