PDA

View Full Version : Koch Sucks


Stoky44
04-07-2004, 04:15 PM
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH. Eat your words Sparky.

Jurr
04-07-2004, 04:18 PM
He hit 97 a couple times today and got the save. Things are looking up for one day, at least.

guillen4life13
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

He hit 97 MPH and closed out the game giving up only one hit (and in that AB there was a pitch that could have arguable been a strike that would have had Berroa out and the game over).

In other words... eat your words.

CWSGuy406
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Spoke too soon, buddy. And, are you watching? He's hit 94 on the gun..... :angry: :angry:

Eddie Gaedel
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

idiot.

thecell
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

***?

voodoochile
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

You trolling, Stoky? Looks that way to me...

ode to veeck
04-07-2004, 04:21 PM
I hope he Sucks this bad all season long!

Stoky44
04-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

I was being sarcastic, I was the one saying that Koch was not to blame in the last loss. Check my previous posts under

What's up now all you Koch haters? He's not as good as Foulke, but he is going to do a good job this year.

It wasn't Koch. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31204&highlight=Koch)

Page 2 is my comments.

voodoochile
04-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I was being sarcastic, I was the one saying that Koch was not to blame in the last loss. Check my previous posts under

What's up now all you Koch haters? He's not as good as Foulke, but he is going to do a good job this year.

It wasn't Koch. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31204&highlight=Koch)

Page 2 is my comments.

Sure you were...

For the record, sarcasm comes across much better if you use teal.

Dadawg_77
04-07-2004, 04:28 PM
I still don't want Koch around.

SaltyPretzel
04-07-2004, 04:28 PM
You should use teal next time to avoid any confusion. :smile:

Stoky44
04-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sure you were...

For the record, sarcasm comes across much better if you use teal.

I realized after I posted I should have used the teal. I came online as soon as I saw they put Koch in, b/c I wanted to put up a comment to the tons of people who were blaming him for the Monday loss.

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I still don't want Koch around. Democrats don't get an opinion on here anyway. :D:

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I realized after I posted I should have used the teal. I came online as soon as I saw they put Koch in, b/c I wanted to put up a comment to the tons of people who were blaming him for the Monday loss. Lol, next time just use teal. :smile:

WhiteSox = Life
04-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Look, Stoky, if you don't use teal for obvious sarcasm, it's impossible to figure out if you're being facetious or not.

npdempse
04-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I still don't want Koch around.

Even if he can keep pitching in the high 90s with control?

I'm not ecstatic yet, but that's a big ray of hope.

mike squires
04-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking Koch wold have had save #2 and two undefeated pitchers right now if Oz would have just put Koch in their for the opener.

guillen4life13
04-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Totally off-topic, but when's the next round of steroid testing? You know, I'm just curious.

Win1ForMe
04-07-2004, 04:43 PM
The thing about Koch is he's fool's gold. Sure, he'll save some games just like he did last year (11/15 IIRC).

It's not like he's completely incompetent. But the longer you keep him in there as the closer, the higher the chances of us getting burned, just like last year.

Then again, we don't have Flash to bail us out again.

Stoky44
04-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
The thing about Koch is he's fool's gold. Sure, he'll save some games just like he did last year (11/15 IIRC).

It's not like he's completely incompetent. But the longer you keep him in there as the closer, the higher the chances of us getting burned, just like last year.

Then again, we don't have Flash to bail us out again.

If he's that bad then how did he ever save 40 games in a season?

Hangar18
04-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I realized after I posted I should have used the teal. I came online as soon as I saw they put Koch in, b/c I wanted to put up a comment to the tons of people who were blaming him for the Monday loss.

Hey, I look at that as GOOD LUCK, maybe stoky should keep saying he sucks. SOX WIN!!!! man im in a good mood

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Totally off-topic, but when's the next round of steroid testing? You know, I'm just curious. Why you got something to hide?

oheeoh...magglio
04-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

Technically, Mr. Marte blew the save actually, not Koch.

Koch is 1 for 1 in saves!! WOOO!!!!!! :)

mikef1331
04-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

What Sucks is this thread!
:threadsucks

steff
04-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.



The majority of his pitches were OVER 90mph... :?:

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by steff
The majority of his pitches were OVER 90mph... :?: He hit at least 96 mph. At least the gun on the tv said so.

steff
04-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He hit at least 96 mph.


97 twice IIRC...

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by steff
97 twice IIRC... I was pretty sure I saw that, but I didn't want to get harrassed if I was confused and it was only Politte. Good to see the speed back up though, huh?

steff
04-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I was pretty sure I saw that, but I didn't want to get harrassed if I was confused and it was only Politte. Good to see the speed back up though, huh?


I didn't see where the pitches went.. I like the speed.. but I like the control even better.

Any control issues today? On Monday he looked like he was having a little trouble..

WhiteSox = Life
04-07-2004, 05:09 PM
If the gun in NY is also picking Koch up at 97, then I won't be as unsure about his velocity, but when Buehrle is hitting 92-93, the gun might be a little fast...

We'll see soon enough if Koch's velocity is in the high-90's, and if it is, that's good by me.

Elvisfan1977
04-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

Did we watch the same game? Koch threw pretty good today, and not one of his pitches dipped below 90 MPH.

southsidegirl
04-07-2004, 05:11 PM
:troll

Unregistered
04-07-2004, 05:14 PM
**ATTENTION**Apparently some people need to read at least the first 2 pages of this thread and realize he was being sarcastic. :smile:

Elvisfan1977
04-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
**ATTENTION**Apparently some people need to read at least the first 2 pages of this thread and realize he was being sarcastic. :smile:

Attention: Reading two pages of a thread to find out what the original poster's "TRUE" meaning was, is a waste of time. Get it right the first time around and no one will be confused. Just a thought.

JRIG
04-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
If the gun in NY is also picking Koch up at 97, then I won't be as unsure about his velocity, but when Buehrle is hitting 92-93, the gun might be a little fast...

We'll see soon enough if Koch's velocity is in the high-90's, and if it is, that's good by me.

I'm not buying Koch's returned velocity. As you said, Buehrle was hittng 92-93 yesterday and Politte was consistently at 98 mph the past two days. Seems to me the gun is about 3 mph fast.

jabrch
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
I'm not buying Koch's returned velocity. As you said, Buehrle was hittng 92-93 yesterday and Politte was consistently at 98 mph the past two days. Seems to me the gun is about 3 mph fast.

Even if it is saying 97 and is 3 mph fast, that still means he is throwing 94 - significantly better than last year. And more important than the velocity is the fact that his balls are moving a bit. 97 and straight - he's not so great. 94 but moving - Koch is Grooving!

petekat
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
hee hee, see all good. 97mph beeyatch.

am fortunate to work someplace that has a beer tap. poured self a room temp Guinness to celebrate :gulp:

:gulp:

Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.

Unregistered
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Elvisfan1977
Attention: Reading two pages of a thread to find out what the original poster's "TRUE" meaning was, is a waste of time. Get it right the first time around and no one will be confused. Just a thought. So not reading the thread at all and just basically re-posting what 20 other people may have already said doesn't bother you? Different strokes, I guess...

gosox41
04-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
He hit 97 a couple times today and got the save. Things are looking up for one day, at least.


I'd still trade this guy the first chance I got. Same with PK.

Bob

Elvisfan1977
04-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
So not reading the thread at all and just basically re-posting what 20 other people may have already said doesn't bother you? Different strokes, I guess...

Different strokes? You're a different stroke! I read most of the thread but I responded to the post that started it in the first place. If I repeat what 20 other people have already said, then so be it. Who are you to tell me or anyone else the etiquette of posting or responding to a thread? Did you tell him that he needs to wright in teal when he's being sarcastic? Now I understand he was being facetious and that's fine, but keep in mind two things: 1. He wasn't clear with his original post in the first place. Had he been more clear with his post, you would not have had to give etiquette lessons to members of the site. 2. White Sox fans are passionate people. When we have something to say, we say it. Speaking our minds and calling one's bluff is part of the game. Get over yourself.

Unregistered
04-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Elvisfan1977
Did you tell him that he needs to wright in teal when he's being sarcastic? No, but 15 other people did before you posted, which was my whole point.
Originally posted by Elvisfan1977
Different strokes? You're a different stroke! I read most of the thread but I responded to the post that started it in the first place. If I repeat what 20 other people have already said, then so be it. Who are you to tell me or anyone else the etiquette of posting or responding to a thread? Now I understand he was being facetious and that's fine, but keep in mind two things: 1. He wasn't clear with his original post in the first place. Had he been more clear with his post, you would not have had to give etiquette lessons to members of the site. 2. White Sox fans are passionate people. When we have something to say, we say it. Speaking our minds and calling one's bluff is part of the game. Get over yourself. Alright, alright... relax - I was just messing around anyway. (Note the ":smile:" in my first post)
Sox won today - have a :gulp:

voodoochile
04-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Elvisfan1977
Different strokes? You're a different stroke! I read most of the thread but I responded to the post that started it in the first place. If I repeat what 20 other people have already said, then so be it. Who are you to tell me or anyone else the etiquette of posting or responding to a thread? Did you tell him that he needs to wright in teal when he's being sarcastic? Now I understand he was being facetious and that's fine, but keep in mind two things: 1. He wasn't clear with his original post in the first place. Had he been more clear with his post, you would not have had to give etiquette lessons to members of the site. 2. White Sox fans are passionate people. When we have something to say, we say it. Speaking our minds and calling one's bluff is part of the game. Get over yourself.

Maybe you should take your own advice...

owensmouth
04-07-2004, 07:48 PM
I was just re-listening to today's nineth inning. According to Rooney, Koch's nickname should be: the Count of Three and Two.

southsidegirl
04-07-2004, 09:14 PM
I was listening to that right before I went in for my interview for a wildlife rehabilitation center that I'm volunteering for. They won it right as we pulled up in the parking lot and I shouted "That's a White Sox winner!" in front of a bunch of little Girl Scouts sitting at a picnic table.

ondafarm
04-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
MAN THEY PUT IN KOCH AGAIN, HE SUCKS! I BLAME HIM AGAIN. GOD ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE. AND WHY CAN'T HE THROW OVER 90 MPH.


He didn't blow the save on Monday, that was Marte. He also got the save today.

White_Sock
04-07-2004, 09:45 PM
lol - This thread in its entirety just cracks me up. It's like an episode of Three's Company.

Elvisfan1977
04-07-2004, 10:00 PM
[ Alright, alright... relax - I was just messing around anyway. (Note the ":smile:" in my first post)
Sox won today - have a :gulp: [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed! I'm just messing around too. I was just having fun and didn't mean any harm. Have a good one! :gulp:

WSox8404
04-07-2004, 10:08 PM
97 is a lot better than he was doing last year. The highest he got last year was like 93 to 94. And his two seam fastball seems to be moving pretty good. I bet he gets back to 30 saves this year.

voodoochile
04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
97 is a lot better than he was doing last year. The highest he got last year was like 93 to 94. And his two seam fastball seems to be moving pretty good. I bet he gets back to 30 saves this year.

That will be fine if his BS total is 4 or under, but if he isn't pushing a 90% save rate, he shouldn't be the everyday closer, it should be by committee based on matchups.

Iwritecode
04-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
I was listening to that right before I went in for my interview for a wildlife rehabilitation center that I'm volunteering for. They won it right as we pulled up in the parking lot and I shouted "That's a White Sox winner!" in front of a bunch of little Girl Scouts sitting at a picnic table.

I'm sure that's much better than what you would have yelled had the Sox lost again...

WSox8404
04-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That will be fine if his BS total is 4 or under, but if he isn't pushing a 90% save rate, he shouldn't be the everyday closer, it should be by committee based on matchups.

I agree, but we have to give him 6 to 7 more opportunities to see how he does. If he does blow a few, back to close by commitee.

Dadawg_77
04-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Even if he can keep pitching in the high 90s with control?

I'm not ecstatic yet, but that's a big ray of hope.

First the Fox sports radar gun is high. Adds about a mile or three to the pitch. But that really doesn't matter, Koch has never really had any movement on his pitches. Without that, mid ninties stuff gets killed.

Secondly, Koch has never had any control in his career. 2000 was his best, with 18 walks in 78 2/3 innings. Since then his walks have been 33-69 2/3 46-93.7 28-53. Koch has always been a pitcher who lives on the edge, which means he will fall off at some point.

voodoochile
04-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
I agree, but we have to give him 6 to 7 more opportunities to see how he does. If he does blow a few, back to close by commitee.

Just so long as whoever it is gets to start any close game in the ninth. But, I don't mind them going with Marte if there are some tough lefties coming up,

flo-B-flo
04-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
If he's that bad then how did he ever save 40 games in a season? When he saved games for the A's he threw 94-98 with a nasty breaking ball.