PDA

View Full Version : Knights - Warthogs Game Notes

NC_sox_fan
04-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Last night the Charlotte Knights came to Winston-Salem for an exhibition game with the Warthogs. The Knights won 5 -2.

Here are some observations about the Warthogs (if you want a run down on the Knights, just let me know):

Rob Purvis - started for W-S -- gave up a grand slam in the first to Mike Rivera

An - Throws slow & slower -- hard on lefties

LaMura - good stuff -- cutter was sharp

Lubisich - 3/4 armer, change of pace got him some outs, breaking stuff could be sharper

Tracey -- reasonable stuff -- didn't fool the Knights

Espinal - hard thrower -- sharp slider

Pollok - good stuff -- needs a better change, slider

Hitting:
Nanita - good lead-off man

Lopez - should be a balanced hitter

Sweeney - made contact, should be good power guy, solid 3rd hitter

Becker - overpowered here, but should produce, good eye

Rogowski - good wheels, good eye, also overpowered here

Cameron - decent stick, will produce power

Nicholson - K'd twice, shorter stroke, good eye

Martel - decent contact, quick stroke

C. Lee - solid contact, good eye, hits like his brother

Rosa - Great speed, really needs a new position (he's a catcher now)

Amador - needs woodwork help, shorten his stroke

Myers - K'd only time up

hogsmom
04-07-2004, 06:29 PM
But it wasn't cold and windy like in Kannapolis and it was good to see live baseball.

poorme
04-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm surprised Rogowski is overmatched. How many years has he been in the minors?

A. Cavatica
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Purvis is still hanging around? That ship has sailed.

I would've loved to see this game. From what I know about these guys, the 5 with the best chances of making the majors someday would be Sweeney, Lopez, Nanita, LaMura, & C Lee. Any more impressions of those guys? Did anyone make you sit up and take up notice?

Rex Hudler
04-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Purvis is still hanging around? That ship has sailed.

Injuries........

hogsmom
04-08-2004, 08:02 AM
More than a few balls left the infield, unfortunately in the gloves of the oppposing team. Carlos 2, Becker, Nanita, Martel all got the ball in to the grass. Rosa even got in a hit. We all cheered for all the guys, being as we had most of them through W-S. It was like old home week. The outfield is really strong and should be outstanding this year.

iwannago
04-08-2004, 07:30 PM
I live near the Potomac Cannons (same league that Winston - Salem is in). Look forward to seeing Sweeney & co. next month.

Please keep up the posts NC_Sox_Fan.

Huisj
04-08-2004, 09:24 PM
hearing all this talk makes me sad that the sox don't have a midwest league team anymore like they did with burlington. i would love to be able to see a sox minor league game sometime if they still had a team that would play against the white caps.