PDA

View Full Version : The Tigers

DrummerGeorgefan
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Is it possible this team may be in contention for the central crown. It looks like they will be 2-0

SoxBoy14
04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
It's the Tigers man! So they win two games, BIG DEAL! You're jumping to conclusions too fast. They might not win more than two games all year! Last year they almost broke the record for most losses in a single season. Do you really think a team could turn it around that fast?

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Bad news for the Tigers. Dmitri Young suffered a broken fibula in today's game and he will be out for at least 6 weeks. I'm so sad because this guy was a good fantasy player.

Rocklive99
04-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
It's the Tigers man! So they win two games, BIG DEAL! You're jumping to conclusions too fast. They might not win more than two games all year! Last year they almost broke the record for most losses in a single season. Do you really think a team could turn it around that fast?

I def can't call them the worst team in baseball though. They beefed up the offense, are strong up the middle, added a closer, got johnson as their #1, and I don't know enough about the starters, but I've heard they're not as bad as they appeared last year, even though they almost lost 20, they have potential.

Is there a team in the AL that hasn't improved? I guess Oakland and Minnesota but they were already up top.

RichFitztightly
04-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99

Is there a team in the AL that hasn't improved?

The Sox.

SoxFan76
04-06-2004, 09:10 PM
A part of me is jealous of the Tigers. They sucked it up last year, but made some great off-season moves to improve their team. They got the right idea atleast. Crappy season + good off-season moves = more wins for next season. Simple concept really.

They gave their fans something to be excited for, but then again, they are still the Tigers.

cheeses_h_rice
04-06-2004, 09:38 PM
The Tigers will be lucky to get 70 wins this year.

guillen4life13
04-06-2004, 09:42 PM
I think the Tigers will be what the Royals were last year--surprising... but won't have enough to make the playoffs. They'll be around .500 but will finish third.

I think that this year, this division will be a 5 team race. No single team will pull away from the rest, and the Sox have more to handle than just Minny and KC. The Tribe and Tigers may surprise a lot of people and give KC, the Sox and Minny some more competition.

But, I'm known to make stupid predictions, and this one is probably more stupid than normal... :D:

doublem23
04-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99

Is there a team in the AL that hasn't improved? I guess Oakland and Minnesota but they were already up top.

Did Seattle really do anything remarkable this off-season? What about Texas? Cleveland didn't go backward, but I wouldn't say they improved. Same with Tampa Bay.

Anyway, the Sox will be fine. The Tigers still have 160 games to lose.

OEO Magglio
04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Did Seattle really do anything remarkable this off-season? What about Texas? Cleveland didn't go backward, but I wouldn't say they improved. Same with Tampa Bay.

Anyway, the Sox will be fine. The Tigers still have 160 games to lose.
Seattle got Ibanez, Speizio, and guardado, but they did lose sasaki, texas got kenny rogers, but also obviously traded arod for soriano, tampa and cleveland i would just say improved because of all their young talent, that will keep getting better, and tampa also added jose cruz jr, and danys baez, I'm probably missing some people, but that's just off the top of my head.

OurBitchinMinny
04-06-2004, 10:12 PM
How much did johnson sign with the tigers for? I really wanted the sox to go after him. He would be a great #3 starter, possibly even 2 if loaiza struggles as I fear he might. The sox need pitching help whether in the pen or rotation. Its a shame this lineup has to deal with the kind of pitching support they have.

StepsInSC
04-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
They'll be around .500 but will finish third.

:?:

The first place team in this division will be lucky to be around .500.

duke of dorwood
04-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Saw Charles Johnson hit a homer today, Colon wins, Kip Wells won yesterday, Durham playing second for Giants, Foulke gets Red Sox Save today, add Carl Everett and look at players we had, and what a team we'd be if we kept them.

Ken Williams has ruined this team

DSpivack
04-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Saw Charles Johnson hit a homer today, Colon wins, Kip Wells won yesterday, Durham playing second for Giants, Foulke gets Red Sox Save today, add Carl Everett and look at players we had, and what a team we'd be if we kept them.

Ken Williams has ruined this team

Or Jerry Reinsdorf for not giving KW the $$$ to keep these players [Wells excepted].

doublem23
04-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Seattle got Ibanez, Speizio, and guardado, but they did lose sasaki, texas got kenny rogers, but also obviously traded arod for soriano, tampa and cleveland i would just say improved because of all their young talent, that will keep getting better, and tampa also added jose cruz jr, and danys baez, I'm probably missing some people, but that's just off the top of my head.

Cleveland traded Milton Bradley away, who may be a complete psycho, but he could hit. There's no rule that says young talent automatically gets better every year, either.

jabrch
04-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Or Jerry Reinsdorf for not giving KW the $$$ to keep these players [Wells excepted].

BINGO