PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* underreact thread

ode to veeck
04-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Its only the first game.

Every closer is gonna blow it once in a while, and Marte's a much better pitcher than shown in yesterday's outing, the rest of the pen beyond Politte is a different matter for the *other* thread

Ozzie Ball: how about it folks? hit and run that works, then Paulie given the steal sign, not once but twice, resulting in his 1st SB in nearly 3 years. Other good signs of Ozzie ball: Frank Thomas working his way through the clubhouse before the game getting everyone up for the game.

We can look a the glass half-empty or half-full: can Ozzie ball inspired Sox take pride in what they did well and come out prepared to rack up a ton more runs in similar fashion on Wed behind Esteban ... I hope so, vs past 3 years of teams that struggle in a funk with their tail between the legs--yeah it wwas a tough loss, but also a great opportunity to prove Ozzie ball is for real .

The optimist will also believe JR/KW will recognize the positive influence of their club and like last year, make some moves to fix the missing holes, help in the pen and maybe (I'm really dreaming here) a real leadoff guy

poorme
04-06-2004, 11:47 AM
:smile: It's only one game, people. 161 more to go! :smile:

Rocky Soprano
04-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Great post ode!

I needed to read that.

:gulp:

Iwritecode
04-06-2004, 12:03 PM
While I appreciate all these postive thinking, silver lining, "don't over-react", "it's only one game" threads it's going to take at least one or two wins to get over this game for me at least. This is one hard loss to swallow.

Now if they go out and win the next 2 or 3 games, I'll forget all about it. Of course I have to wait until tomorrow for that to happen. Meanwhile I get to sit and wonder what might have been for another 24 hours. :(:

On the other hand, if the division title comes down to the wire in September and the Sox miss it by one game, this will be the first one I point to. They've simply GOT to stop this grasping a loss from the jaws of victory routine...