PDA

View Full Version : I'm not worried...yet.

chisoxmike
04-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Why should we be? It's one game. Yes, it sucks, no, really sucks what happend yesterday.

ESPN called it the "comeback of the century." ***????? Ok.

It was bound to happen, a bullpen blowup/meltdown/choke like what happend yesterday. It just happend on opening day.

If we can get home 3-3, I will be happy.

Marte doesn't look like he has his stuff from what I saw in Spring Training and yesterday afternoon, but the hitting seems to be there and even though Burehle said he "struggled," he didn't look that bad.

The Sox can only beat themselves, and if they let this lose go to their head, we will have problems.

Viva Magglio
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike

ESPN called it the "comeback of the century." ***????? Ok.

If that was the "comeback of the century," what was our comeback against the Cubs, when we were down 8-0, in 2002?

chisoxmike
04-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Non-existant to other baseball watchers.

SEALgep
04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
"The comeback of the century" Granted there has only been 3 years of actual baseball played in it, but I'm sure we can find 50 games that were greater comebacks. I guess the media hates the Sox in all demographics, not just Chicago.

Tekijawa
04-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
"The comeback of the century" Granted there has only been 3 years of actual baseball played in it, but I'm sure we can find 50 games that were greater comebacks. I guess the media hates the Sox in all demographics, not just Chicago.

I can think of one last season, I believe it was the turning point in the NLCS last season... I'd have to say that that one was MUCH GREATER and had more impact than this one ever will!

Fisk72
04-06-2004, 10:53 AM
If anything is the comeback of the century, it was the Indians/Mariners game a few years back, where the Indians came back from a ridiculous number of runs in the last few innings! That game usually is on espn classic every now and then.

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 11:11 AM
The White Sox should be embarassed at what happened yesterday. Every Chicago sportswriter and Sox fan should consider this the "Comeback of the Century" in hopes that it motivates the White Sox to never let it happen again.

Losing yesterday was inexcusable.

Dauis
04-07-2004, 12:40 AM
The reason ESPN called it the "Comeback of the Century" was because it'd been like 103 years since a team had come back from down 4 or more runs in the ninth on opening day. Just trying to make it seem bigger than it was, which was only one game.

SEALgep
04-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Dauis
The reason ESPN called it the "Comeback of the Century" was because it'd been like 103 years since a team had come back from down 4 or more runs in the ninth on opening day. Just trying to make it seem bigger than it was, which was only one game. If they say it was the comeback of the century as far as opening days, they are right. Over the past four opening days for the league, this was the greatest comeback. That's as far as it goes.