PDA

View Full Version : 2 Day Torture = 3 Day Torture?

IlliniSox
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Tomorrow's forecast for KC, rain in the AM turning into t-storms all afternoon. So we might have a whole other day to wallow and second guess Oz.

Best Case: Esteban goes against the Yankees in game 1 instead of Schoenweis.

Fisk72
04-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Kinda makes you wonder why the heck they decided to schedule an off day today after only ONE GAME. Perhaps they didn't want the game to conflict with tonite's women's NCAA basketball championship...

Mickster
04-06-2004, 09:48 AM
To make matters worse, forcast for opening day in Chicago calles for scattered snow showers.... :(:

MRKARNO
04-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Sounds like there's about a 40% chance for rain. I think this game will happen because the league will want it to happen

chisoxmike
04-06-2004, 10:25 AM
It will be good for baseball if the Sox lose and Cubs win. :D:

anewman35
04-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Kinda makes you wonder why the heck they decided to schedule an off day today after only ONE GAME.

They do that so that if opening day gets rained out, they can do it as it's own game the next day - they don't want to have to give out 40,000 rain checks. If it rains Wednesday, they're going to lose a crowd of (I'm guessing) under 20,000 - not nearly as big a deal.

npdempse
04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Kinda makes you wonder why the heck they decided to schedule an off day today after only ONE GAME. Perhaps they didn't want the game to conflict with tonite's women's NCAA basketball championship...

This is how every team's schedule works, unless they're playing in Cali or a dome. If opening day gets rained out, they can reschedule it for the next day, and avoid having 40K disgruntled people with rain check tickets for a game scheduled late in the season.

Fisk72
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by anewman35
They do that so that if opening day gets rained out, they can do it as it's own game the next day - they don't want to have to give out 40,000 rain checks. If it rains Wednesday, they're going to lose a crowd of (I'm guessing) under 20,000 - not nearly as big a deal.

Originally posted by npdempse
This is how every team's schedule works, unless they're playing in Cali or a dome. If opening day gets rained out, they can reschedule it for the next day, and avoid having 40K disgruntled people with rain check tickets for a game scheduled late in the season.

Thanks! I still say they should have a game the next day and schedule a double-header if the original opener gets rained out. I suppose had we decided not to blow the game yesterday, I wouldn't be as upset. Just want this sick feeling to go away. Then again, I guess that comes with being a sox fan for ~25 years.

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mickster
To make matters worse, forcast for opening day in Chicago calles for scattered snow showers.... :(:

The weathermen can't get the forecast for the next day right let alone a forecast a week from now. I'll deal with 04/13 weather forecast on 04/12.

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
It will be good for baseball if the Sox lose and Cubs win. :D:

What are you talking about?

npdempse
04-06-2004, 10:35 PM
According to the NWS forecast for Kansas City--

Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 69. Light and variable wind.

At worst, I'd say a rain delay. Paulie continues to hit in above normal temps.

SoxFan76
04-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
According to the NWS forecast for Kansas City--

Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 69. Light and variable wind.

At worst, I'd say a rain delay. Paulie continues to hit in above normal temps.

As my uncle always taught me, there is only a 50 percent chance for rain. It either does or it doesn't. Remember that

Rocklive99
04-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Are you guys sure you are looking up the KC in Missouri? Because I'm getting sun all day, in the 60's, with a PM chance of rain. Nevermind, I just clicked on "More Details" and there are "Few Showers" between Noon-5 pm. I just hope we don't take til late night to get it in, and then play at NY at noon the next day

batmanZoSo
04-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by IlliniSox

Best Case: Esteban goes against the Yankees in game 1 instead of Schoenweis.

Reality: Esteban plays catch with Man Soo Lee tonight and Cotts gets the Yankee start.

The Big Squirt
04-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
As my uncle always taught me, there is only a 50 percent chance for rain. It either does or it doesn't. Remember that

Actually...a 50% chance for rain means that they are 100% sure it will rain but only 50% of the area will recieve it.

IlliniSox
04-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Reality: Esteban plays catch with Man Soo Lee tonight and Cotts gets the Yankee start.

Don't tell me that, I was in Yankee Stadium for that Cotts game last August swearing up a storm b/c JM ruined the end of what had been a nice little vacation.