PDA

View Full Version : Deadline Passes .........Hangar18 Makes Decision

Hangar18
04-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Hangar18 and his cousin today have decided to call the WhiteSox' bluff and officially cancelled their season ticket order for 2004. Citing an unresponsive and lackadaisical Sox Management team, the pair were saddened to announce they were ending their run of season ticket ownership, at barely 1 year. "Screw them, they want to put a cheap team out there and not make themselves better, and blame us..........they can keep their tickets, I'll do something else with my time" said
Hangars cousin

poorme
04-06-2004, 10:18 AM
It's all your fault! Now we can't spend as much as the Cubs. What kind of fan are you! :D:

Blueprint1
04-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Talk about over reacting to a loss.

Hangar18
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

Despite reports that the decision may have been made in
reaction to yesterdays loss, Hangar18 assured the decision was
made sunday nite

Viva Magglio
04-06-2004, 10:37 AM
How could you cancel something that should already be paid for?

OneDog
04-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hangar18 and his cousin today have decided to call the WhiteSox' bluff and officially cancelled their season ticket order for 2004. Citing an unresponsive and lackadaisical Sox Management team, the pair were saddened to announce they were ending their run of season ticket ownership, at barely 1 year. "Screw them, they want to put a cheap team out there and not make themselves better, and blame us..........they can keep their tickets, I'll do something else with my time" said
Hangars cousin

"This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. When I order Kenny to trade Maggs by July, you can all blame Hangar."
:reinsy

Hangar18
04-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
How could you cancel something that should already be paid for?

it was supposed to be "paid" by a deadline, but due to Managements Lack of Getting themselves better in the Offseason and letting players go, Sox Fans werent exactly banging down the doors looking for season tickets
so you could still get them .........

ewokpelts
04-06-2004, 12:11 PM
::sigh::

Hangar,
While you may not be getting a ST plan, You can always bug me for some of my games. I'm usually unable to go on the Sunday games(work).
Gene

p.s. I wonder how Jerry's reacting?

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

I made my decision to boycott JR and USCF back in January.

Losses like that yesterday only reinforced my position.

kermittheefrog
04-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Make sure to let them know why you cancelled.

pinwheels3530
04-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Tell the truth, you only got them to go to the all star game last year!

poorme
04-06-2004, 12:32 PM
I started my boycott in 1992.

situation: I was a partial season ticket holder up in the upper deck. A night game was rained out and they made it up the next afternoon. It was still drizzling outside. There's probably 500 people in the stands, if that. After a few innings, I proceed to take a seat in the lower deck. (I never do this normally because there's nothing more shameful than having the real seat owner come and make you leave). Anyway, I am the only one in the entire section. 2 second later some big fat lady usher asked to see my tickets. In a very mild mannered way, I try to explain the idiocy of making me sit in my own seats when there are 500 people in the stadium. 10 seconds later a "security" guard who looks like sort of like billy koch starts threatening me that he's going to throw me out of the park if I don't get out of the seat NOW!. so I went to customer service and complained. the woman said i wasn't allowed to sit in someone else's seats even when there were 500 people in the stadium. so I left, gave away my remaining tickets and have only been back once in the past decade.

I know many of you think I was in the wrong there, and that's fine. It's just my personal decision.

Baby Fisk
04-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by poorme
I started my boycott in 1992.

situation: I was a partial season ticket holder up in the upper deck. A night game was rained out and they made it up the next afternoon. It was still drizzling outside. There's probably 500 people in the stands, if that. After a few innings, I proceed to take a seat in the lower deck. (I never do this normally because there's nothing more shameful than having the real seat owner come and make you leave). Anyway, I am the only one in the entire section. 2 second later some big fat lady usher asked to see my tickets. In a very mild mannered way, I try to explain the idiocy of making me sit in my own seats when there are 500 people in the stadium. 10 seconds later a "security" guard who looks like sort of like billy koch starts threatening me that he's going to throw me out of the park if I don't get out of the seat NOW!. so I went to customer service and complained. the woman said i wasn't allowed to sit in someone else's seats even when there were 500 people in the stadium. so I left, gave away my remaining tickets and have only been back once in the past decade.

I know many of you think I was in the wrong there, and that's fine. It's just my personal decision.

I sympathize with you -- because I've dealt with pimple-faced Seat Nazis in a half-empty Skydome as well in recent years -- but remember they are only doing their job.

...and there are so many other reasons to be upset with this organization right now...

Hangar18
04-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
Tell the truth, you only got them to go to the all star game last year!

Pinwheels3530 doing his best Mike Kiley interpretation heh heh

Hangar18
04-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Make sure to let them know why you cancelled.

actually, I wanted to Renew. I was looking for ANY kind of Sign......something to show me they were SERIOUS about Winning, in this era of Cubby Camelot. My cousin is the one very angered by the situation of them Not Caring

Hangar18
04-06-2004, 01:01 PM
We will however, attend certain games, at the Time and Seat Section of our Choosing

KingXerxes
04-06-2004, 01:01 PM
One night after a particularly poorly played loss, I took my four ticket stubs to customer service and asked for a refund. The guy behind the glass looked at me incredulously and said "What? The game is over!" whereas I replied that the implied warranty on the ticket said that I was to be admitted to a major league game, and what I just witnessed was absolutely not major league in caliber. He laughed, I laughed............and then I went home.

p.s. I'm not a lawyer, and I was not trying to make a real legal case - so please - no lawyers explaining to me why this really wasn't a case of implied warranty, violation of said warranty or anything else of that nature.

wdelaney72
04-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Hangar,

Probably a wise decision. If I had the option of being a season ticket holder, I probably would have declined this year as well (a 4 yr old and a newborn at home prevent me from going to a lot of games).

I feel your pain.

wdelaney72
04-06-2004, 02:08 PM
This is not to say I'm overreacting to yesterday's loss. Given the AL Central, I could see the Sox winning the division.

Anything beyond that? No way! They would get absolutely pounded in the first round of the playoffs.

We all sat back and watched Cubdom improve their already decent team. Our management did nothing but wach a solid starter, a dominant closer, and one of the top utility players walk out of town.

minastirith67
04-06-2004, 02:21 PM
poor decision IMO, but it's not my money so who am I to complain

skottyj242
04-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I gladly renewed my season tickets, and I will go to every game I possibly can to support my team. I'll even go if they're 18 games under five hundred. I am a real fan, and I don't hold stupid school boy grudges against people(Reinsdorf) I don't even know. Is this even a real fan site? All I hear is people bashing our beloved, where are the fans? And why so much of the talk about the cubs. This site is WHITE SOX INTERACTIVE.COM not CUBS SUCK.com. You guys need to get your priorities straight. We are only in direct competition with the Cubs SIX GAMES A YEAR. Get over it, they're going to have a good year. We should have a good year too. Yesterday was only ONE game of 162.

soxfan26
04-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
I gladly renewed my season tickets, and I will go to every game I possibly can to support my team. I'll even go if they're 18 games under five hundred. I am a real fan, and I don't hold stupid school boy grudges against people(Reinsdorf) I don't even know. Is this even a real fan site? All I hear is people bashing our beloved, where are the fans? And why so much of the talk about the cubs. This site is WHITE SOX INTERACTIVE.COM not CUBS SUCK.com. You guys need to get your priorities straight. We are only in direct competition with the Cubs SIX GAMES A YEAR. Get over it, they're going to have a good year. We should have a good year too. Yesterday was only ONE game of 162.

Oh sure, he's a real fan, but where will he be when they are 23 games under .500? :D:

thepaulbowski
04-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I gladly renewed my season tickets, and I will go to every game I possibly can to support my team. I'll even go if they're 18 games under five hundred. I am a real fan, and I don't hold stupid school boy grudges against people(Reinsdorf) I don't even know. Is this even a real fan site? All I hear is people bashing our beloved, where are the fans?

So if somebody chooses not to renew their season tickets because of the lack talent this team has failed to field, they aren't a fan? :?: That makes no sense to me. I've sat through plenty of games the last few years and decided I was done with my tickets because I'm tired of paying to watch a mediocre team play. I'll still watch them on TV & listen on the radio, but why should I shell more money year over year to watch a mediocre product.

sas1974
04-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I renewed my tickets this year, but I certainly can't blame anyone for not doing so. They don't exactly give those things away. I started getting season tickets with my dad about 5 years ago and I plan on keeping them for a long time. I would just rather be at the game as opposed to watching them on tv. There is nothing like a day/night out at the ball game.

pinwheels3530
04-06-2004, 04:54 PM
I agree with skottyj242 everyone here talks too much about the cubs, I renewed my ticket plans in the ud cause i want to be at the games. If you don't want to spend your $ there don't go, but stop complaining about the park, the ud, the parking lots, the cubs, the ushers, the neighborhood, the cloud in the sky on a sunny day stop whining!

CubKiller5
04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
This site is WHITE SOX INTERACTIVE.COM not CUBS SUCK.com.

Is there really a CUBS SUCK.com site?
That's what I need right now.

I can't problem Oz any more so I'm stuck with the realization that Marte was the right man for the right job at the right time.
Stairs is very strong vs RH, & weak vs LH.
Lopez is a little better vs LH than Stairs. That's all.
Stairs was 1/3 lifetime vs Koch.

I like Marte but like Foulke he lost a big game at the worst possible time for the SOX. It's a good thing we didn't over pay.

What kills me about this is that Borowski faced nearly the same situation & came through it.

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:?:

soxnut
04-06-2004, 05:40 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

This town doesn't deserve a second team.

steff
04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Despite reports that the decision may have been made in
reaction to yesterdays loss, Hangar18 assured the decision was
made sunday nite

Henry you are freaking me out with this talking in the 3rd person stuff... :?:

Nick@Nite
04-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

This town doesn't deserve a second team.

Your right... the Cubs should leave Chicago immediately.

:)

soxnut
04-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite

WRONG

soxnut
04-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
I agree with skottyj242 everyone here talks too much about the cubs, I renewed my ticket plans in the ud cause i want to be at the games. If you don't want to spend your $ there don't go, but stop complaining about the park, the ud, the parking lots, the cubs, the ushers, the neighborhood, the cloud in the sky on a sunny day stop whining!

No joke, I think our fans should be called Whine Sox fans, pathetic. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

santo=dorf
04-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by CubKiller5
Is there really a CUBS SUCK.com site?
That's what I need right now.

2003 memories (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/home.htm)

2002 stuff (http://www.geocities.com/scrubbycity/)

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 05:59 PM
If you don't like what certain posters have to say, put them on "Ignore".

Nick@Nite
04-06-2004, 06:02 PM
WRONG

How can I be wrong if I put a smiley-thing-iss on my post? :smile:

soxnut
04-06-2004, 06:05 PM
How can I be wrong if I put a smiley-thing-iss on my post? :smile:

I don't know :?:

Nick@Nite
04-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't know :?:

I dunno either... :smile: ... and this one makes #700 :D: ... taking the rest of the day off... gotta prepare for tomorrow's game. :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2004, 06:12 PM

You're a good Sox Fan. Be fruitful and multiply. :smile:

Mickster
04-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
You're a good Sox Fan. Be fruitful and multiply. :smile:

George:

What's with all the "Be fruitful and multiply" talk? New job working for Trojan? :D:

SoxEd
04-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
...pimple-faced Seat Nazis...they are only doing their job.

Just what the real ones said at Nuremberg in 1945/6.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
George:

What's with all the "Be fruitful and multiply" talk? New job working for Trojan?

I am spreading the White Sox Gospel in 2004.

Now go forth and do good work on behalf of your team, the Sox.

:smile:

Mickster
04-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I am spreading the White Sox Gospel in 2004.

Now go forth and do good work on behalf of your team, the Sox.

:smile:

I'm gonna start calling you "da revrand" :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm gonna start calling you "da revrand"

I'm Catholic. FYI...

steff
04-06-2004, 06:39 PM
George:

What's with all the "Be fruitful and multiply" talk? New job working for Trojan? :D:

If he's pushing "multiplying" I don't think there would be Trojan's involved... :D:

A.T. Money
04-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Father George

Daver
04-06-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm gonna start calling you "da revrand" :D:

My vote is for Yoda............

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Daver

I think Yoda said, "Live long and prosper." That just doesn't cut it for me. We're Sox Fans. We'll never prosper.

Daver
04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
I think Yoda said, "Live long and prosper." That just doesn't cut it for me. We're Sox Fans. We'll never prosper.

You have Yoda confused with Spock from Star Trek.

All the Trekkies are probably gonna make fun of you now...........

:bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2004, 06:59 PM

Yoda... Spock... they both have pointed ears.

:supernana:

batmanZoSo
04-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Hangars cousin

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg
"That's too bad. I can't afford a bullpen now. I was gonna get one. No, seriously."

sas1974
04-06-2004, 07:18 PM

Now that would be a first...Trekkies making fun of SOMEONE ELSE.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2004, 08:01 PM

Yoda sucks. And he is green, too.

Now, be fruitful and multiply. :smile:

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.... Yoda

"Size matters not! Judge me by my size, do you?"
Yoda--The Empire Strikes Back

"Ohhh! Great warrior! [laughs and shakes his head]
Wars not make one great!"
Yoda--The Empire Strikes Back

"You must unlearn what you have learned." "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."
Yoda-

"You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive." A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
Yoda-

"A Jedi's strength flows from the Force."
Yoda-

"Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight."
Yoda-

"A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind."
Yoda-

"Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things."
Yoda-

"Always in motion is the future."
Yoda-

And well you should not. For my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!
Yoda-

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past. Old friends long gone.
Yoda-

CubKiller5
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Both Berroa, Beltran were 2 for 4 vs Marte with big hits.
Randa was just as effective vs Politte.

The SOX don't have a well-established closer right now,
so Ozzie has to play the percentages.

The guy with the best history vs that 9th in lineup?
Jackson

The guys with zero history vs that 9th in lineup?
Tats, & Cotts

The guys with the worst history vs that 9th in lineup?
Politte, Koch, & Marte in that order.

OZ should have started the 9th with Cotts.
Politte was effective for 1 2/3rds because you followed
a strong LH starter with a RH reliever.
So it was time to come back with a LH they had not seen before.

ewokpelts
04-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Yoda... Spock... they both have pointed ears.

:supernana:

so certain are you?
Gene

Mickster
04-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Quoting Yoda... :?:

More like:

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. --Homer Simpson

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. --Homer Simpson

You know those balls that they put on car antennas so you can find them in the parking lot? Those should be on EVERY CAR! --Homer Simpson

Yes, honey...Just squeeze your rage up into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time, like that day I hit the referee with the whiskey bottle. --Homer Simpson

Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked! Oh, I gotta go, my damn weiner kids are listening. --Homer Simpson

Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button. --Homer Simpson

This donut has purple in the middle, purple is a fruit. --Homer Simpson

The lesson is: Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten! --Homer Simpson

Operator! Give me the number for 911! --Homer Simpson

Oh no! What have I done? I smashed open my little boy's piggy bank, and for what? A few measly cents, not even enough to buy one beer. Wait a minute, lemme count and make sure...not even close. --Homer Simpson

No jokes, no taunting--That kid's got bosoms! Somebody get me a wet towel! C'mere you butterball. --Homer Simpson

Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman --and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing. --Homer Simpson

I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called, 'The Bus That couldn't Slow Down.' --Homer Simpson

OK, son. Just remember to have fun out there today, and if you lose, I'LL KILL YOU! --Homer Simpson

Son, this is the only time I'm ever gonna say this. It is not okay to lose. --Homer Simpson