PDA

View Full Version : On a positive note


tanko
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Cliff Politte was better than I expected him to be.He actually got some guys out.Please release this guy he is awful.

poorme
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
He had a good year a couple of years ago and was hurt last year. If healthy, there's no reason to believe he won't be pretty good. Unless he gets overworked.

Railsplitter
04-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Politte did okay for an inning, and let's give Ozzie some creit for giving him an attempt to finish. This idea of automatically brining in a closer in the ninth inning, no matter how well his previous pitcher did, can't be good for a pitcher's confidence.

DSpivack
04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Ozzie shouldn't have brought him back for the ninth.

SoxxoS
04-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Ozzie shouldn't have brought him back for the ninth.

He isn't a 3 inning pitcher...that I know.

poorme
04-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Funny how times change. Goose Gossage pitched 5.2 innings in relief in the 1975 Sox home opener.

OEO Magglio
04-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Cliff Politte was better than I expected him to be.He actually got some guys out.Please release this guy he is awful.
Wow, that's such a ridiculous thing to say, Politte looked good for his first inning and a third, Politte will be a huge aspect of the bullpen this year, he's going to be a very good reliever for the sox this year.

tanko
04-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Wow, that's such a ridiculous thing to say, Politte looked good for his first inning and a third, Politte will be a huge aspect of the bullpen this year, he's going to be a very good reliever for the sox this year.

Trust me I watched this guy often with the Jays before he was hurt he is awful he will be released before the seson is over mark it down now.

ode to veeck
04-06-2004, 07:55 PM
uhhh, there's several guys ahead of him that are much worse and will be gone before he is

Kuzman
04-06-2004, 08:01 PM
i have a friend up in toronto who was sad to see him go, so he was liked up there..

SoxBoy14
04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
I think he should be our closer. He pitched 95 or higher in his first inning pitching, then he lost it. Marte is no closer and that was a dumb move by Ozzie to put him in there. I would've let Koch finish the game. Anyways I think we should keep Politte he's a very good one inning pitcher.

OEO Magglio
04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I think he should be our closer. He pitched 95 or higher in his first inning pitching, then he lost it. Marte is no closer and that was a dumb move by Ozzie to put him in there. I would've let Koch finish the game. Anyways I think we should keep Politte he's a very good one inning pitcher.
I disagree about Damaso, I think eventually he'll be a very good closer if he gets an opportunity, wait until he gets into a groove in the next couple weeks, and he'll be just fine, but I also would have liked to see billy close out that game he was finally throwing well.

SoxBoy14
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I disagree about Damaso, I think eventually he'll be a very good closer if he gets an opportunity, wait until he gets into a groove in the next couple weeks, and he'll be just fine, but I also would have liked to see billy close out that game he was finally throwing well.

But lat year he was more of a three inning guy. I like to see him get in the game in the 6th or 7th inning.

OEO Magglio
04-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
But lat year he was more of a three inning guy. I like to see him get in the game in the 6th or 7th inning.
I also believe he shouldn't be closing right now, he's just to valuable, but I believe he can and will become a very good closer one day.

SoxBoy14
04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I also believe he shouldn't be closing right now, he's just to valuable, but I believe he can and will become a very good closer one day.

Just not tommorow.