PDA

View Full Version : 2-Day Torture

A.T. Money
04-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Now that the Sox blew a sure win, we now have to deal with all of the angry threads and panicking for 2 days until the Sox play again.

If we win, this goes away.

Let's try to forget about this or else we'll drive ourselves to the nuthouse.

BoSoxGirl75
04-06-2004, 12:52 AM
I feel your pain. I'm a fan of the other Sox. People are ready to jump off of a ledge just because of one loss. Both of our teams didn't get the job done, but I'm sure they will improve!

Check out some of my fellow Red Sox fans who are basically bashing Pedro. They pretty much think he is all done. It is quite embarrassing. Pedro allowed 10ER last year against the Orioles and he still led the league with his 2.22 ERA. Since Pedro's velocity has dropped and he gave up 2ER the "season is now over." Some people need to relax - its just one game!

So yes the White and Red Sox lost, but the season isn't over. There are 161 games left the last I checked. So don't worry about it, cheer up!

Jjav829
04-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by BoSoxGirl75
I feel your pain. I'm a fan of the other Sox. People are ready to jump off of a ledge just because of one loss. Both of our teams didn't get the job done, but I'm sure they will improve!

Check out some of my fellow Red Sox fans who are basically bashing Pedro. They pretty much think he is all done. It is quite embarrassing. Pedro allowed 10ER last year against the Orioles and he still led the league with his 2.22 ERA. Since Pedro's velocity has dropped and he gave up 2ER the "season is now over." Some people need to relax - its just one game!

So yes the White and Red Sox lost, but the season isn't over. There are 161 games left the last I checked. So don't worry about it, cheer up!

Welcome Aboard. :D:

red faber
04-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Now that the Sox blew a sure win, we now have to deal with all of the angry threads and panicking for 2 days until the Sox play again.

If we win, this goes away.

Let's try to forget about this or else we'll drive ourselves to the nuthouse.

:kmarte

today we salute you,"mister 4-run lead blower"

JohnBasedowYoda
04-06-2004, 03:27 AM
i'm sure we all have lives that can occupy the time before the next game. I'm just glad that i'm in milwaukee and can avoid the media.

:ozzie
"i'll light a fire under their butts"

hsnterprize
04-06-2004, 06:33 AM

So yes the White and Red Sox lost, but the season isn't over. There are 161 games left the last I checked. So don't worry about it, cheer up! I appreciate your optimism. I saw part of the Orioles/Red Sox game, and I'm sure Pedro is getting bashed all over the place. If anything, people will be back on the Pedro bandwagon once he gets his groove back. That's the same thing for the White Sox...we Sox fans want our team to win so badly...especially with the Cubs' hype at such a fever pitch. There's a lot of tendency for negativism and overreaction when they lose and the Cubs win.

I know the White Sox will be okay. The Red Sox will alright, too. BTW...welcome to the jungle.

IlliniSox
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Tomorrow's forecast for KC, rain starting at noon turning in to t-storms all afternoon. Maybe Esteban will end up strarting in Yankee stadium instead of Schow.

petekat
04-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Went to Boston for grad school so can attest to the perseverance and knowledge of the game of Sox fans, not to mention tendencies towards self-flaggelation.

Think about Red Sox fans, it takes just one minor incident, one minor screwup, to bring the whole litany of frustration come roaring back. At least White Sox long stretches of mediocrity to contend with, not epic failures on the grand stage of baseball history.

Pedro will be fine, Red Sox nation will be fine, loaded lineup, great bullpen from the 6th inning on. Personally feel that Nomar will be up numbers that may outdo A-Rod.

Love how the overreaction to day one. I'd be happy to go to battle with the long list of yesterday's goats- Marte, Matt Morris, Nomo, Wood, Hallaiday, Oswalt. For those who put so much stock in opening day- um..where exactly is Tuffy Rhodes these days?

DSpivack
04-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by petekat
Love how the overreaction to day one. I'd be happy to go to battle with the long list of yesterday's goats- Marte, Matt Morris, Nomo, Wood, Hallaiday, Oswalt. For those who put so much stock in opening day- um..where exactly is Tuffy Rhodes these days?

Leading the League in homers!!! Oh, the Japanese League? But he's leading a league nonetheless!