PDA

View Full Version : In case you aren't sick enough...

pudge
04-05-2004, 10:38 PM
White Sox are the first team since 1901 Tigers to blow a 4-run lead in the 9th on Opening Day.

Also, Kip Wells won 2-1 and looked "nasty" according to crew on Baseball Tonight.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Also, Kip Wells won 2-1 and looked "nasty" according to crew on Baseball Tonight.

There they go at Baseball Tonight stealing our material, again! :smile:

:kipper
"Back in the day, totally biased Sox Fans named me 'Terminator.'"

:ohno
"It was a joke, Kip, for crying out loud."

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
:kipper
"Back in the day, totally biased Sox Fans named me 'Terminator.'"

No, Kip, I think you're confusing that with "the guy who always pees his pants in tough situations."

Thunderstruck30
04-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Today my JV baseball team blew a 4 run lead in the bottom of the 7th(theres only 7 innings in HS). We had the game in the bag just like the Sox did. We even lost on a walk off home run just like the Sox did. What a crappy day!!! I mean I did have a 2 out 2 run single in the 4th, but what a crappy day.

kittle42
04-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Can we forget about Kip Wells, too?

Do we long for ol' Sammalaya after every good game he has?

Didn't think so.

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Can we forget about Kip Wells, too?

Do we long for ol' Sammalaya after every good game he has?

Didn't think so.

Sox fans actually got some use out of George Bell though. We, I mean KW, essentially gave Pittsburgh 3 pitchers in 2002 for nothing.

MHOUSE
04-06-2004, 01:10 PM
I watched some of the Phillies-Pirates game and Kipper looked very good. He gave up just one run and got out of a couple tough jams believe it or not. I was shocked to see Jose Mesa work a 1-2-3 ninth inning for the save. He has to be like 100 years old by now. Politte, Koch, and Marte can't combine to hang onto a 4-run lead and Mesa can do it with only one run. Unbelievable.

Fungo
04-06-2004, 01:32 PM
In case you aren't sick enough...

Konerko leads the team in stolen bases!!

SEALgep
04-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
In case you aren't sick enough...

Konerko leads the team in stolen bases!! If you are just joking, fine. If not, why are you even mentioning this. It was Opening Day. That's like saying we are doomed with Sandy Alomar, our backup catcher, leads the team in homeruns (along with Carlos.) What does that mean, what conclusions can we draw? Nothing, nothing other than Alomar and Konerko had good games and our pen didn't.

pudge
04-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
If you are just joking, fine. If not, why are you even mentioning this. It was Opening Day. That's like saying we are doomed with Sandy Alomar, our backup catcher, leads the team in homeruns (along with Carlos.) What does that mean, what conclusions can we draw? Nothing, nothing other than Alomar and Konerko had good games and our pen didn't.

Dude, SEAL, chill, I'm sure he's joking.

SEALgep
04-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Dude, SEAL, chill, I'm sure he's joking. I hope so, that's what the teal is for.

Fungo
04-06-2004, 01:46 PM
If you are just joking, fine. If not, why are you even mentioning this. It was Opening Day. That's like saying we are doomed with Sandy Alomar, our backup catcher, leads the team in homeruns (along with Carlos.) What does that mean, what conclusions can we draw? Nothing, nothing other than Alomar and Konerko had good games and our pen didn't.
Seal, it was a joke. Just trying to make light of a stomach turning loss yesterday. It was a joke, although true, it was said in jest.
Now please, come in off that ledge.

SEALgep
04-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Seal, it was a joke. Just trying to make light of a stomach turning loss yesterday. It was a joke, although true, it was said in jest.
Now please, come in off that ledge. Jokes and sarcasm are made known from the color teal, just so you know.

sas1974
04-06-2004, 01:52 PM
White Sox are the first team since 1901 Tigers to blow a 4-run lead in the 9th on Opening Day.

For the record, that was our old pal John Kruk that said Kip looked "nasty." Kip looked "nasty" on that big stage that is Pittsburgh. He couldn't cut it in Chicago. Kip has good stuff, there's no doubt about it. For whatever reason, he chose to keep it to himself far too often while he was here.

Fungo
04-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Jokes and sarcasm are made known from the color teal, just so you know.
My bad. I was under the impression that teal was for sarcasm and pink was for pipedreams. My comment wasn't sacastic because it is a fact, that's why I didn't put it in teal. If it is in fact true that teal blankets both sarcasm and jokes, I will post accordingly.

SEALgep
04-06-2004, 02:04 PM
My bad. I was under the impression that teal was for sarcasm and pink was for pipedreams. My comment wasn't sacastic because it is a fact, that's why I didn't put it in teal. If it is in fact true that teal blankets both sarcasm and jokes, I will post accordingly. Forget about it, I just get upset easily, my apologies. Some people here will really think our team sucks because of Konerko has a stolen base and no one else does. It's cool you were joking, my bad.

jeremyb1
04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
For the record, that was our old pal John Kruk that said Kip looked "nasty." Kip looked "nasty" on that big stage that is Pittsburgh. He couldn't cut it in Chicago. Kip has good stuff, there's no doubt about it. For whatever reason, he chose to keep it to himself far too often while he was here.

Haha. Yeah in about 150 innings when he was 22-24. Wow, KW couldn't have expected his propaganda to work this well. You know who could cut it in Chicago, is Todd Ritchie.

sas1974
04-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Haha. Yeah in about 150 innings when he was 22-24. Wow, KW couldn't have expected his propaganda to work this well. You know who could cut it in Chicago, is Todd Ritchie.

I am not defending the trade that KW made. I am well aware of how awful it was. I saw Kip on several occasions and he always seemed to look like a deer in the head lights. There were shades of brilliance, but they were few and far between. I recall a couple of games where he would attack the hitters and he had some success doing it. Then he would fall back into the same old habits, trying to nip the corners and aim the ball too much. Was it a bad trade? Of course. Would it be nice to have him instead of Scho? I think so. But let's not get carried away and turn this kid into Cy Young. He's the ace on the Pittsburgh Pirates.

kittle42
04-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again....

It's my feeling that if Kip Wells were still on the White Sox, we'd be calling for his head because he'd make Jon Garland look like Tim Hudson.

Konerko05
04-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Kip Wells can't be good, he craps his pants every time he takes the mound.

Haha.

CubKilla
04-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
Kip Wells can't be good, he craps his pants every time he takes the mound.

Haha.

I know you were being sarcastic, but to those that do say what you were being sarcastic about, I wonder how they'd characterize a 2002 Todd Ritchie performance?????

Konerko05
04-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I know you were being sarcastic, but to those that do say what you were being sarcastic about, I wonder how they'd characterize a 2002 Todd Ritchie performance?????

You know, I can't really understand their logic. I believe it is just a desperate way to defend such a horrible trade. And I can be quoted as saying it was a horrible trade the day it happened.

ode to veeck
04-06-2004, 08:59 PM

Kip had many very solid tough outings his last year here and was the real loss in the KW trade--we really could use that 4th starter right now--no one else in the division has one