PDA

View Full Version : Keith Cholke does it again. n/m

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-09-2001, 03:33 PM
n/m

doublem23
09-09-2001, 04:47 PM
Don't blame this on Foulke, of all people. The blame goes to Manuel.

If anything, this shows why Keith wouldn't make a good starter. He needs that adrenaline high.

HootieMcBoob
09-09-2001, 05:16 PM
At least now the Sox won't have to pay Cholke his arbitration money

Daver
09-09-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
At least now the Sox won't have to pay Cholke his arbitration money

He will still get paid as one of the top 5 closers in the game.

Paulwny
09-09-2001, 08:14 PM
He needs a 3rd pitch he can get over the plate, until they get 2 strikes batters are sitting on 1 of his 2 pitches.

Clarkdog
09-10-2001, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by daver

He will still get paid as one of the top 5 closers in the game.

I think Foulke will definately get a pay increase, he is a good closer. But the Sox may make the point in arbitration that while Foulke has shown he can close games, he didn't show that he can close the BIG games (i.e. Minny, Seattle, Cleveland). That may ultimately hurt Foulke's case in arbitratrion.

Bmr31
09-10-2001, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Clarkdog

I think Foulke will definately get a pay increase, he is a good closer. But the Sox may make the point in arbitration that while Foulke has shown he can close games, he didn't show that he can close the BIG games (i.e. Minny, Seattle, Cleveland). That may ultimately hurt Foulke's case in arbitratrion.

no heat. hes not a closer.......

Soxboyrob
09-10-2001, 11:30 AM
Contrary to what many have voiced/written here, this weekend proved to me that Foulke IS a closer and nothing more. Why has he been continually brought in during tied games? He never ever does well when brought in to pitch in a tie. He's a closer. I don't know what the Jer needs to see before he will realize this, but it ought to be obvious after 9 losses.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-10-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Contrary to what many have voiced/written here, this weekend proved to me that Foulke IS a closer and nothing more. Why has he been continually brought in during tied games? He never ever does well when brought in to pitch in a tie. He's a closer. I don't know what the Jer needs to see before he will realize this, but it ought to be obvious after 9 losses.

Manuel has it stuck in his pea-sized brain that closers pitch the ninth inning of games to win. Given what has happened this season, let's hope Jerry gets it through his skull that Foulke should pitch any inning AFTER the Sox take the lead and need just three outs to WIN.

There is a subtle difference there. Why am I sure Manuel won't get it?

Randar68
09-10-2001, 12:24 PM
Foulke has hurt his arbitration case considerably.

How much would you pay a guy who loses 10 games (pace) out of the bullpen and blows saves in the most key points in the season. It will be painful, but now Foulke's going to have to sit there and listen to KW and Jerry rip him to shreds about not being a big game pitcher.

To me, he's shown he can't finish the big game. I love Foulke, but the times he chooses to self-destruct are rediculous.

Foulke You
09-10-2001, 12:59 PM
Everybody LAY OFF MY MAIN MAN FOULKE!! To say that Foulke isn't a closer is ridiculous! What the heck do you call 37 saves in 40 opportunities? By my book that is a 93% success rate. A closers job is to CLOSE out games when we're winning. What Foulke has struggled with this season is hold situations as evidence to his 3-9 record. He even admitted in an interview that he doesn't have the same mentality in those situations that he does in save situations. He can't explain it. Now, if we had a manager who knew how to handle his pitchers then we would've seen our setup men Howry or Kip pitch in the 9th because it's their job to hold teams. Wait for a lead to put your closer, Foulke in the game. Blame your manager, not Keith.

P.S. Vizquel's homer was a lame flyball that would be caught on most days at Jacobs field. The wind played a huge part in many of the homers yesterday.

Daver
09-10-2001, 05:33 PM
Keith Foulke is a 2 pitch pitcher that is not worth the money he makes now,let alone a pay raise.
But then again what the hell do I know.

Bmr31
09-10-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by daver
Keith Foulke is a 2 pitch pitcher that is not worth the money he makes now,let alone a pay raise.
But then again what the hell do I know.

I agree one zillion percent

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

I agree one zillion percent How many zeroes is that?

Jerry_Manuel
09-10-2001, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
How many zeroes is that?

Let's ask Kermit how many:

:kermit

Bmr31
09-10-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Let's ask Kermit how many:

:kermit

*****!!!