PDA

View Full Version : just laugh

pudge
04-05-2004, 07:56 PM
What else can you do? I feel like I've seen this team blow so many big games over the past four years, I just sort of started chuckling as they rallied in the 9th. Guillen suddenly lost his happy smug smile and looked totally scared. This loss is actually worse than the 3-0 loss last season because at least we could take solace that the bats would eventually wake up (granted it took a few months for the bats to wake up). But now, our team will always be wondering if we have enough runs, and our bullpen is truly brutal...

Okay, they can turn this thing around in a hurry and all will be fine, but I'm not holding my breath...

poorme
04-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Just cry more like. Perhaps the worst loss in opening day MLB history.

jeremyb1
04-05-2004, 08:03 PM
I laughed when they hit the first home run and said to myself "lets get 'em in extra innings" but I was a little bit more quiet after the second home run. Its funny, once you give up four runs and your best pitcher has just surrendered a three run homer, you tend to think it won't get much worse, at least not immediately. I really thought Marte just made a bad pitch at that point and that he'd escape the inning no problem. My biggest concern was who would pitch extra innings.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I laughed when they hit the first home run and said to myself "lets get 'em in extra innings" but I was a little bit more quiet after the second home run. Its funny, once you give up four runs and your best pitcher has just surrendered a three run homer, you tend to think it won't get much worse, at least not immediately. I really thought Marte just made a bad pitch at that point and that he'd escape the inning no problem. My biggest concern was who would pitch extra innings.

You're a good Sox Fan. Be fruitful and multiply.

JGarlandrules20
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
All I have to say is...

We'll get them Wednesday.. and they better win like 30 to 0 to make up for this loss.

oldcomiskey
04-05-2004, 08:11 PM
oh please----the ball that santiago hit was inside--it was just a good piece of hitting to keep it fair---Ozzie made the right moves---Lopez just burned us, thats all... And I still say Marte had Beltran struck out

pudge
04-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
oh please----the ball that santiago hit was inside--it was just a good piece of hitting to keep it fair---Ozzie made the right moves---Lopez just burned us, thats all... And I still say Marte had Beltran struck out

Just because Hawk said it was inside, doesn't mean it was - it was a big fat meatball with no speed or movement, and he crushed it.

But still, Koch is not to blame for this game. Bad debut for Oz.

oldcomiskey
04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I saw the pitch--I was actually paying attention---unlike you

voodoochile
04-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by poorme
Just cry more like. Perhaps the worst loss in opening day MLB history.

*****!

That's the most overstated hyperbole in the history of hyperbole...

pudge
04-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I saw the pitch--I was actually paying attention---unlike you

Just saw it again on ESPN, it was a tad inside, but still a horrible pitch.

I watched every single pitch, thank you very much - geez everyone's on edge after such a bad loss!!

DonkeyKongerko
04-05-2004, 09:53 PM
I was at the game last year when Bonds hit the HR off Colon in the 9th to tie it. Then Marte came in later and gave up that Grand Slam to Aurilia.

Today's game brought back some memories of that, thanks White Sox.

batmanZoSo
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by pudge
What else can you do? I feel like I've seen this team blow so many big games over the past four years, I just sort of started chuckling as they rallied in the 9th. Guillen suddenly lost his happy smug smile and looked totally scared. This loss is actually worse than the 3-0 loss last season because at least we could take solace that the bats would eventually wake up (granted it took a few months for the bats to wake up). But now, our team will always be wondering if we have enough runs, and our bullpen is truly brutal...

Okay, they can turn this thing around in a hurry and all will be fine, but I'm not holding my breath...

How often does Marte come in a give up two homers? Poop happens.

poorme
04-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
*****!

That's the most overstated hyperbole in the history of hyperbole...

santo=dorf reports:

More great news, the Sox are part of MLB history~! They are the first team in 103 years to blow a lead of at least 4 runs in the ninth inning on opening day.

not sure if it's true, but certainly supports my point.

bennyw41
04-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Your point is that you are setting the tone for a sox season filled with stupid exaggerations and sky is falling mentality. I can't stand the negativitiy here. Yes, it was a horrible loss. ITS JUST A GAME. Talk to me at the end of the month. Stop making people sweat. ITs your fault we get a bad rap.

poorme
04-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
ITs your fault we get a bad rap.

Jeez, I don't know if I can bear all the guilt on my shoulders...

bennyw41
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Just look at your name "poor me". Everyone in the world is crapping on you, its so horrible.

poorme
04-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Just look at your name "poor me". Everyone in the world is crapping on you, its so horrible.

It's satirical.

bennyw41
04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Its really effective.

jeremyb1
04-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Something else to laugh about: It just occured to me that probably any three pitchers in the pen outside our top three guys put that game away. I mean it is really hard to give up four runs in one innings. Jackson, Takatsu, Cotts, or Adkins probably close it out despite my concerns about them.

SoxxoS
04-06-2004, 02:21 PM
I hope we get up 10-0 tomorrow so we can put some of our bullpen in when the game is out of reach. I feel anything under 5 runs is a problem right now.

Luckily, Loiaza can go CG if we need him too, even though that isn't the best idea on opening day.

oldcomiskey
04-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Just saw it again on ESPN, it was a tad inside, but still a horrible pitch.

I watched every single pitch, thank you very much - geez everyone's on edge after such a bad loss!!

you wanna talk about a meat pitch how bout the one Marte served up to win the game-----and the one before it too

DSpivack
04-06-2004, 07:23 PM
So we lost. We're 0-1. Detroit, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh are all 1-0. But I doubt any of them finish with a better record than the White Sox. It's just one game; one miserable game, but one game nonetheless.