PDA

View Full Version : Foulke

THE_HOOTER
07-24-2001, 04:52 PM
I have spoke about this before.

If we trade this guy because we can't afford to keep him, then I am jumping ship.

There is no way we can consistantly contend if we do not pay the clutch players their worth.

Foulke is one of our team leaders- a rock.

Magglio is another one who is a franchise player. We have no hope if we have to get rid of our best players because of salaries.

Please give me your opinions.

Go Sox

7-2 winners tonight.

Fisk Fan
07-24-2001, 04:55 PM
I hate to say it, but I think that Foulke is going to the Diamondbacks. Just a hunch, but remember this message if, in fact, he does. This guy is automatic. He is one of the few closers that feature a change-up as a closer, and one that has movement is even more scarce. He is a guy the Sox should not deal, but my gut tells me differently. I hope I'm wrong.

FarWestChicago
07-24-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
I have spoke about this before.

If we trade this guy because we can't afford to keep him, then I am jumping ship.

There is no way we can consistantly contend if we do not pay the clutch players their worth.

Foulke is one of our team leaders- a rock.

Magglio is another one who is a franchise player. We have no hope if we have to get rid of our best players because of salaries.

Please give me your opinions.

Go Sox

7-2 winners tonight.

I'm not saying I like the idea of trading Foulke or Maggs, but Seattle gets better every time they lose a Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey or Pay Rod.

Daver
07-24-2001, 05:25 PM
I don't think they are willing to pay him 7-9 mil so you might as well get something for him.