PDA

View Full Version : Some things never change! (On a day like today its OK to be negative)

Malgar 12
04-05-2004, 06:45 PM
First of all Ozzie has to pull Pollite after one walk,
secondly every bleeping man woman and child in Chicago knows you dont bring Krotch in to the game,
and just because the name of Jersey is Chicago
Marte turns in a rubber armed performance!

Unbelievable, only the Sox can blow a 4-run lead in the 9th like that. And some diptwang said not to overreact on a thread earlier this week, how the hell are you supposed to stay calm, when you see it coming, everytime.

It's like Deja Vu all over again!
The Sox bullpen is worthless,
hopefully Ozzie learned that he should have stuck with Buehrle for another inning, and then pollite could have just done the 9th.

Just once, I'd like to see the Sox win a game easy, just once, and then I'll stop thinking negative. You see this stuff a mile away, and you tell yourself be rational, its just your Sox negativity coming through.... Big Mistake... when in doubt, go with the COLLAPSE!

Ozzie better be kicking over water coolers, and throwing a big a big fit in the clubhouse or he and his entire bullpen can get out of town now!

There... I've ranted.... and I dont feel one bit better!

bc2k
04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Malgar 12

hopefully Ozzie learned that he should have stuck with Buehrle for another inning, and then pollite could have just done the 9th.

I agreed with Ozzie's decision to pull Buehrle when he did. Let Graffanino face a righty.

Jerko
04-05-2004, 07:46 PM
When we have to start worrying about lefty/righty garbage with players like Graffanino, we're in trouble.

SoxxoS
04-05-2004, 08:13 PM
And some diptwang said not to overreact on a thread earlier this week, how the hell are you supposed to stay calm, when you see it coming, everytime.

It's like Deja Vu all over again!
The Sox bullpen is worthless,

Just once, I'd like to see the Sox win a game easy, just once, and then I'll stop thinking negative. You see this stuff a mile away, and you tell yourself be rational, its just your Sox negativity coming through.... Big Mistake... when in doubt, go with the COLLAPSE!

Ozzie better be kicking over water coolers, and throwing a big a big fit in the clubhouse or he and his entire bullpen can get out of town now!

I must be the "diptwang" you are speaking of, and that thread was for morons like yourself. It's one game.

Malgar 12
04-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I must be the "diptwang" you are speaking of, and that thread was for morons like yourself. It's one game.

You're right it is just a game, a game the Sox blew. I didn't realize that diptwang was such a harsh insult! :) Being a moron though, I could see how that slipped by. :)

poorme
04-05-2004, 09:05 PM
This game will live in infamy for decades.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by poorme
This game will live in infamy for decades.

Should we begin anointing the sick?

:)

Mohoney
04-05-2004, 11:24 PM

It's Ozzie's fault that they lost. Koch should have started the 9th with a fresh frame, and Marte shouldn't have even been brought in in the first place, let alone be allowed to pitch to Beltran.

Since when is Matt Stairs so awe-inspiring that he makes you completely change your strategy?

Freaking out and bringing in Marte just because Matt Stairs is announced was Manuel-esque. I knew it would end in disaster.

CubKilla
04-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
It's one game.

I love when people say, "it's one game," like blowing a 4-run lead in the 9th on Opening Day on the road is nothing to fret over.

Tell that to the '03 Astros.

SoxxoS
04-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I love when people say, "it's one game," like blowing a 4-run lead in the 9th on Opening Day on the road is nothing to fret over.

Tell that to the '03 Astros.

I didn't say it was anything to fret over, and it is only one game. I am as pissed as everyone else. But, I am over it and am looking forward to Wednesday. At least the offense carried over.

KW must do something about this bullpen situation, pronto. If Shingo can't get anyone out, we are looking at-

Politte who is OK
Wunsch who isn't healthy
Koch who is horrible
Cotts-Might be our best pitcher
Marte-Who has been having issues all spring, and obivously today.

We got issues.

bc2k
04-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
When we have to start worrying about lefty/righty garbage with players like Graffanino, we're in trouble.

Tony Graffanino wasn't the sole factor in my decision to support Ozzie's move to relieve Buehrle with Politte. At the time the decision was made, Buehrle was tiring, the Sox had a comfortable lead, and it was the 7th inning. I think someone was on base, though I'm not sure, and there was no need to overextend Buehrle in his first start of the season. As has been pointed out by posters, Tony G's 2003 splits (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=5590) show that he has much more success against left-handed pitchers (.303) than right-handers (.176). Under all those conditions, I love the decision by Ozzie to bring in the right-hander, Cliff Politte. Not only did I agree with the move, but I was impressed that Ozzie was smart enough to recognize this data and make a move accordingly.

Originally posted by Mohoney
Since when is Matt Stairs so awe-inspiring that he makes you completely change your strategy?

Freaking out and bringing in Marte just because Matt Stairs is announced was Manuel-esque. I knew it would end in disaster.

I like Ozzie's move of relieving Koch with Marte to face Stairs. The posters I mentioned above also pointed out acquiring Matt Stairs because of his cheap pricetag and hitting splits provide a nice platoon option. His 2003 splits (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=4848) show he hits right-handers like Koch at a .304 average, while hitting left-handers like Marte at a .188 average. Not to mention Marte is our best pitcher and the game was on the line--I'd rather lose with our best, Marte, than with our far-from-best, Koch.

blueeyes33
04-06-2004, 01:00 AM
you do realize our problems are never going to end.

we need help in the pen? ok they trade mags for some pitching. than our outfield is hurting.than they trade someone else for something else and on and on.you patch up one hole and anouther one is exposed.we are doomed.

am i wrong?

SoxxoS
04-06-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by blueeyes33
you do realize our problems are never going to end.

we need help in the pen? ok they trade mags for some pitching. than our outfield is hurting.than they trade someone else for something else and on and on.you patch up one hole and anouther one is exposed.we are doomed.

am i wrong?

Kind of. If we trade Maggs for some pitching help, it depends on our replacements and their numbers. If Joe Borchard or Jeremy Reed get called up and do what they can do (not Maggs numbers, but solid) this lineup is more than capable of scoring enough runs to win ballgames.