A.T. Money
04-05-2004, 06:21 PM
LOL!

akingamongstmen
04-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Hahaha

npdempse
04-05-2004, 06:23 PM
That's the end of baseball on the South Side. JR's already made the call to Selig to start negotiating for a buy-out contraction deal. Chicago's officially a Cubs town.

lowesox
04-05-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't know about you guys, but this one hurt. I know it's only one game, but I hate losing on opening day. Especially like that. I feel sick.

HomeFish
04-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Not only is our season over, but our entire way of life is over.

The accursed ones won today. The news coverage and media attitude will only get more loopsided. I'll be surprised if anyone in Chicago even knows who the White Sox are next year.

This is pathetic. And now I'm officially stuck in Chicago for at least the next four years. Sheesh.

Jerko
04-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Of course I have a final four party tonight so now I'm gonna be pissed off for the next 5 hours or so. I better win a freakin pot or something or there's gonna be Hurricane Jerko goin through the old town tonight. :angry: :angry: :angry:

flo-B-flo
04-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Let the whining and the 20/20 hindsight begin. How cubbish of the Sox to lose like that. Getting off on the right foot- starting strong, or picking up from last year? :angry:

Frankfan4life
04-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Is it possible for the Sox to lose in a more humiliating fashion?

Let me see:

- It's opening day
- Lost to a team that swept you last opening day
- Blew a good lead in the 9th inning
- BP totally collapsed
- Walk off home run
- Will have to live with this for two days
- Detroit won
- And the Scrubs won

I want my mommy! :whiner:

santo=dorf
04-05-2004, 06:56 PM
:ohno

"SSDA."

:reinsy

"This is no excuse for you fans to not show up at the ballpark."

:chickenlittle

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2004, 07:01 PM
In case you're wondering, Lipman's computer has been broken so he can't post. However this didn't stop him from leaving a phone message on my office line. He's very resourceful. :smile:

I'm sure this would have been his favorite thread. He sends his love and notes that pitching still wins pennants and the Sox ain't got it. It's going to be a long season...

Oh, and you're all ugly. Okay, I made that last part up.

Gee I feel just like sportsblab radio host reading a message off the fax line. This is so low tech...

:)

A.T. Money
04-05-2004, 07:11 PM
We are screeeeeeeewed! hehe

For real though, this game makes me sick.

bc2k
04-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I give Ozzie a thumbs up for his and his team's performance today. I like his decision to bring in Politte to relieve Buehrle and face Graffanino; his decision to use Marte on Stairs; his green light to Thomas on a 3-0 count (and a rookie on the mound); his decision to run Konerko with ARow at the plate; but above all, what impressed me most about Ozzie was getting 25 men prepared to play baseball as a team, on one level. It seemed like they were all on the same page, same goal in mind, with the same path to reach that goal.

My only disagreement with Ozzie is letting Politte start the 9th. I would have shown confidence in Koch to protect a 4-run lead with nobody on base. He put the already shaky Koch in a position to fail with 2 on and no out. Plus, just the decision not to let Koch start the 9th could have hurt Koch's confidence.

I've already gotten over this loss because I think Ozzie can have his troops prepared to play every game like they did today.

KW NEEDS to acquire some bullpen help ASAP.

Anybody else notice Thomas pregame? He was patrolling the dugout giving handshake/hugs to his teammates. Thomas was leading his team into battle, I liked it. I think Thomas will have a positive influence on his team this season. The attitudes of Thomas and Ozzie--combined with some BP help--can lead this team to the AL Central title.

Can't blame Ozzie for losing with his best. Thumbs up all around today. :gulp:

Man Soo Lee
04-05-2004, 07:20 PM
:reinsy

"Anybody who thinks we can catch Detroit is crazy."

starboy0
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
getting up from the floor, pieces of the remote still in my blood dried hand, trying to remember when my life was once happy (8th inning), wondering if damaso marte has been a victim of voodoo tampering, and feeling like wednesday is weeks away.

one tough loss baby.

Viva Magglio
04-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
In case you're wondering, Lipman's computer has been broken so he can't post. However this didn't stop him from leaving a phone message on my office line.

Is it a laptop that he threw against the wall after the game. Had I been online with a laptop, it would have been flying toward the wall after Beltran's blast. :angry:

jackbrohamer
04-05-2004, 07:35 PM
They gave us a lot of thrills this year -- Koch hitting the low 90s, Konerko hitting .290 in ST -- but it's over. As is life on this planet as we know it.

oheeoh...magglio
04-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Please people, it's THE FIRST FRICKIN' GAME!!!

I mean, yeah this loss hurt, but it's ONE game. Can anybody honestly tell me that we will look back at this game in November and say it cost us the division??

Sheesh....calm down, breathe easy!!! :)

Viva Magglio
04-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio

I mean, yeah this loss hurt, but it's ONE game. Can anybody honestly tell me that we will look back at this game in November and say it cost us the division??

Haven't you seen enough White Sox baseball over the years to know that at least one week of corpseball follows a loss like this?

oheeoh...magglio
04-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Haven't you seen enough White Sox baseball over the years to know that at least one week of corpseball follows a loss like this?

Jerry Manuel is no longer our manager.

Ozzie Guillen IS NOT going to let this team play "corpseball" for a week.

My signature says it all about White Sox Fans....

faneidde
04-05-2004, 07:46 PM
This loss will probabley cause massive violence on the southside of Chicago, making the neighborhood around Comiskey so terrible that Bud Selig declares it unsafe for play. The Sox, unable to find a ballpark, immediatley fold up operations, but not before GM Kenny Williams trades Frank Thomas, Mags Ordonez, and Carlos Lee for Jaime Navaro, Todd Ritchie, and the rights to any future clones of Billy Koch.

The Cubs, being the only team in town, sell out every game and become respected for their knowledgeable fans as they go 161-1, losing only because Steve Bartman hits a walk-off home run for the San Juan/Montreal Expos. The Cubs win the World Series this time thanks to a Billy Goat, as Koch blows saves in Games 1 and 4 of the World Series. Jerry Manuel becomes a stand up comic and his lines get more overplayed than Jeff Foxorthy.

Life as we know it ceases to exist. Leap years start coming every 5 instead of 4 years. The Bears, resigned to the fact they can't compete in a Cubs town, move to Gary. The Blackhawks actually get worse, trading lone remaining decent player Jocelyn Thibault for a Shards O' Glass freeze pop. Oh, and Jessica Simpson wins Jeopardy.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-05-2004, 07:47 PM
what else can go wrong? I just saw JR pull up to the cell with a truck full of 50000 Pink Stadium Seats

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2004, 08:01 PM
You know what really sucks? Tomorrow's an off day. We get twice as much time to grouse about the loss.

Could be worse... could be a Bears fan...

:gulp:

Jjav829
04-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by starboy0
getting up from the floor, pieces of the remote still in my blood dried hand, trying to remember when my life was once happy (8th inning), wondering if damaso marte has been a victim of voodoo tampering, and feeling like wednesday is weeks away.

one tough loss baby.

Haha, I can understand the remote thing. I just found the back cover for my cable remote about 2 weeks ago that I threw when Koch gave up the game winning HR to Carl Crawford on July 4th last year. The thing flew off and I had no clue where it went until a couple of weeks ago when I found it. The odd thing was, this whole loss was sort of numbing. I wasn't even pissed except for maybe 10 minutes. I was just shocked. I sat here kinda laughing just saying unbelievable (with a few other words I won't say here).

Chisox_cali
04-05-2004, 08:06 PM
In case you're wondering, Lipman's computer has been broken so he can't post.

Typing the same thing over and over and over again will break a computer, and there's the proof...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
....The odd thing was, this whole loss was sort of numbing. I wasn't even pissed except for maybe 10 minutes. I was just shocked. I sat here kinda laughing just saying unbelievable (with a few other words I won't say here).

You're a good Sox Fan. Be fruitful and multiply.

:bandance:

White_Sock
04-05-2004, 08:11 PM
:?: :(: :whiner: :angry: :?:

White Sox Baseball: Making grown men feel pregnant since 1919.

(Insert a picture of me kicking infield-dirt onto my T.V. here)

I hope this isn't a normal thing for Marte. His stuff wasn't looking too good out there, but I still think the pitch before the final HR was strike three.

I bet Ozzie is still cursing.

:ozzie
*&#$%^%##@

Shoeless Joe
04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
This loss will probabley cause massive violence on the southside of Chicago, making the neighborhood around Comiskey so terrible that Bud Selig declares it unsafe for play. The Sox, unable to find a ballpark, immediatley fold up operations, but not before GM Kenny Williams trades Frank Thomas, Mags Ordonez, and Carlos Lee for Jaime Navaro, Todd Ritchie, and the rights to any future clones of Billy Koch.

The Cubs, being the only team in town, sell out every game and become respected for their knowledgeable fans as they go 161-1, losing only because Steve Bartman hits a walk-off home run for the San Juan/Montreal Expos. The Cubs win the World Series this time thanks to a Billy Goat, as Koch blows saves in Games 1 and 4 of the World Series. Jerry Manuel becomes a stand up comic and his lines get more overplayed than Jeff Foxorthy.

Life as we know it ceases to exist. Leap years start coming every 5 instead of 4 years. The Bears, resigned to the fact they can't compete in a Cubs town, move to Gary. The Blackhawks actually get worse, trading lone remaining decent player Jocelyn Thibault for a Shards O' Glass freeze pop. Oh, and Jessica Simpson wins Jeopardy.

Couldn't have said it better faneidde! :D:

pudge
04-05-2004, 09:31 PM
In case you're wondering, Lipman's computer has been broken so he can't post. However this didn't stop him from leaving a phone message on my office line. He's very resourceful. :smile:

I'm sure this would have been his favorite thread. He sends his love and notes that pitching still wins pennants and the Sox ain't got it. It's going to be a long season...

Man I'm really glad he couldn't post, I was waiting for the, "Haha, this organization is terrible, get ready for another year of futility, 87 years and counting..."

Whitesox029
04-05-2004, 10:14 PM
You know what really sucks? Tomorrow's an off day. We get twice as much time to grouse about the loss.

Could be worse... could be a Bears fan...

:gulp:
You know what really gets me about that? We wait 6 months for a real ball game, they give us one, and then they make us wait some more.

oheeoh...magglio
04-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
The odd thing was, this whole loss was sort of numbing. I wasn't even pissed except for maybe 10 minutes. I was just shocked. I sat here kinda laughing just saying unbelievable (with a few other words I won't say here).

Agreed, I had the exact same reaction. Tough loss, but I think a lot of people are overreacting around here big time.

We will just go get 'em Wednesday, and if that strategy fails....umm.....Bears Training Camp Starts in 3 and a half months??

IronFisk
04-06-2004, 12:35 AM
:discomoron

"Bite me crank "Sox Nation". I'm already penning your obit!"

springrovesoxfan
04-06-2004, 03:00 AM
If it wasn't for the number 13 on the uniform, I would have sworn Manuel was making the pitching changes out there.

TommyJohn
04-06-2004, 07:29 AM

Oh, and you're all ugly. Okay, I made that last part up.

I knew you made that last part up. Now if you had said that Lip
said "by the way, you're all stupid" THAT I would've believed.

Baby Fisk
04-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I hated the look of panic on Ozzie's face.

SSN721
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
I just cant emphasize enough how much this loss hurt, I just have a very sinking suspicion that this loss will come back and bite us towards the end of the season. I hope not, but it always seems like these are the losses that you look back and say, boy if we only pulled out that one when we were supposed to. I don't know, I am still pissed off and probably not thinking logically, it just gave me a really ominous feeling about the rest of the year. But I think we can turn it around quick on Wed, I mean we aren't the Cubs, we weren't expected to go 162-0. :cool:

Railsplitter
04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio

Note the title of the thread.

habibharu
04-06-2004, 10:34 AM
:fireozzie :fireozzie HE GONE!

Paulwny
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Be fruitful and multiply.

Be careful, there may be some wives gunning for you if you state this too often., mine for example.

ode to veeck
04-06-2004, 12:33 PM
wsi-ers will try to avoid your wife then

sorry couldn't resist

bobj4400
04-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I hated the look of panic on Ozzie's face.

Get used to it...

bobj4400
04-06-2004, 01:29 PM
What worries me most about this loss is the hangover effect it could have on tomorrow's game. If we dont win tomorrow, we could be staring 0-5 straight in the face. The bottom of our rotation against the Yanks in the Bronx is a recipe for some football type scores...