PDA

View Full Version : PETA Says

SEALgep
04-05-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't have a link, because I read it out of the Sun Times, but US Cellular Field is on the top 10, actually I think number 3, for Ethical Treatment of Animals. "The Cubs may be the darlings of the Windy City right now, but US Cellular Field's winning percentages for providing fans with the vegetarian options that they're demanding are among the best in baseball," PETA's vegan campaign director Bruce Friedrich said, "Taking in a White Sox game while enjoying the great food that didn't cost an animal an arm and a leg is a hit every time."

I'm not a vegetarian, but it's nice to see people have the option. With the Sox already known for having some of the better food out of all of the ballparks, this can only help that reputation.

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 10:32 AM
PETA also added these comments. "however, since the cubs are named after an Animal, PETA loves the cubs too"

IlliniSox
04-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I don't have a link, because I read it out of the Sun Times, but US Cellular Field is on the top 10, actually I think number 3, for Ethical Treatment of Animals. "The Cubs may be the darlings of the Windy City right now, but US Cellular Field's winning percentages for providing fans with the vegetarian options that they're demanding are among the best in baseball," PETA's vegan campaign director Bruce Friedrich said, "Taking in a White Sox game while enjoying the great food that didn't cost an animal an arm and a leg is a hit every time."

I'm not a vegetarian, but it's nice to see people have the option. With the Sox already known for having some of the better food out of all of the ballparks, this can only help that reputation.

Good to know, but I personally value the opinion of PEDA more than PETA. (People for the Eating of Delicious Animals.)

SEALgep
04-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
PETA also added these comments. "however, since the cubs are named after an Animal, PETA loves the cubs too" Friedman was later quoted, " Who cares if the Cubs kill animals, they're the Cubs and that's all that matters. We want the Cubs to go to WS, even if it means 10,000 additional animals lives. Go Cubs." Lol.

cwsox
04-05-2004, 11:01 AM

Very much agreed

PETA jokes are old and stale, I rather support their goals, maybe not all their actions, and I agree this is great publicity for us

southsidegirl
04-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I stopped eating meat over the summer and I've had so much more energy and I've become a lot more thicker muscle-wise fromt the soy product. Usually, I only get a funnel cake at the Cell, eat too much, and throw up by the 7th inning when I go to games, so I never really get to eat anything except funnel cakes. Those things are so good though. MMMMMMMM.

santo=dorf
04-05-2004, 05:58 PM
:reinsy

"If this is a reason for you fans to come out to the ballpark, than I don't know what is."

:ohno

"How about a team that wins in April?"

JohnBasedowYoda
04-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
I stopped eating meat over the summer and I've had so much more energy and I've become a lot more thicker muscle-wise fromt the soy product. Usually, I only get a funnel cake at the Cell, eat too much, and throw up by the 7th inning when I go to games, so I never really get to eat anything except funnel cakes. Those things are so good though. MMMMMMMM.

churos?

southsidegirl
04-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Yea, those are good too. I used to eat more of them before I realized that funnel cakes came with hot fudge.

kittle545feet
04-05-2004, 06:55 PM
i think this might be the most uneducating thread ever. i am actually dumber for having read it. mmmmmmmmmm bloody meat! :bart

Daver
04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

sas1974
04-05-2004, 07:59 PM
PETA are a bunch of extremist nuts.

KingXerxes
04-05-2004, 08:34 PM
In other news:

Islamic Jihad ranks US Cellular as their favorite place to take in a game.

RedPinStripes
04-05-2004, 08:45 PM
**** PETA! The ultimate whiners.

IA_soxfan
04-05-2004, 08:59 PM
PETA is one of the dumbest organizations ever. They have absolutely no concept of natural biology. I am ashamed to have them give their stamp of approval to anything that interests me.

Railsplitter
04-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in the Parking Lot?

SoxBoy14
04-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Finally some recongnition.