PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4/5/04

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 10:12 AM
OPENING DAY !!! ahhh finally the promise of a new Season is upon us. And what should we expect from the Chicago Media??
How about a ton of stories about the Cubs, and some passing comments about the Sox. Ridiculous. Cubs Propoganda Minister Mike Kiley tries his best in 1 article to cool the hysteria (that he helped create) but cant help himself and for the 2nd time this week, throws the term "world series" around so many times, it isnt funny. The SOX didnt get this much "attention" in 2001, following their 2000 playoff appearance, but thats another story. The SOX are thoroughly Crushed today, esp by the Cub-Times. cubs will hit 300 before shortly .............

Chicago Cubune:
3 cub story
1 sox story

Chicago Cub-Times:
7 cub
2 sox

Standings since Spring Training began.............

CUBS 296
SOX 175

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 10:16 AM
kiley also today calls Flim-Flam man Baker "a great communicator"
and "a hit with the Chicago Media".

What he meant to say, was Dusty is a "great at deflecting blame and covering the truth" and "a hit with the Chicago media because hes a cub"

JohnJeter
04-05-2004, 10:16 AM
And you now get to pay an extra .15 for your Cub coverage in the Sun-Times.

Dick Allen
04-05-2004, 10:33 AM
What about Handsome Mike being the only one on the panel to pick the Cubs to win it all. What a shock .

kittle42
04-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
What about Handsome Mike being the only one on the panel to pick the Cubs to win it all. What a shock .

You know, I have kept my mouth shut about Mike Kiley thus far, but this man is horrible. I know you can't rock the boat if you're a beat writer because you need to be able to have a good rapport with the players and manager of the team you are covering, but this guy isn't even in the boat let alone coming anywhere near rocking it. He is the biggest brown-noser and butt-kisser I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

You know, Mike, it is possible to kiss up without treating your columns like a Cubbie state-run newspaper. He is disgusting. This would be the equivalent of Doug Padilla writing about how great KW and JR's cost-cutting moves were and how wonderful every decision Jerry Manuel made last year was.

manuelsucks
04-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Last night on Channel 2 news, the stupid reporter said

"Blah blah (a reporter whose name isn't important) will be in Cincinnati covering the Sox vs the Reds and Blah Blah (other reporter) will be in Kansas City cover the Cubs vs the Royals."

I was like, OK well maybe they'll say they made a mistake after that but then the two dip wads start talking to each other, and none of them realized what just happened. It was funny :smile: , yet at the same time disappointing :whiner: at how stupid newscasters can be.