Besides Tito Landrum,
the always creative staff at Camden Yards,
has stolen our Magglio cheer.

Oh-EE-Oh! Orioles!

You gotta go with the Blue Jays by default in the East,
and I've never liked them since '93

HomeFish
04-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, they're beating the Red Sox, so I gotta love 'em.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-04-2004, 07:58 PM
They can have the Magglio cheer. I for one think its pretty annoying.

Malgar 12
04-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
They can have the Magglio cheer. I for one think its pretty annoying.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. I like it, but either way, at least in Chicago its original. The marketing execs at Camden need to be introduced to a little concept known as CREATIVITY.

Also the Orioles ripped the Sox hearts out in 83. The Sox beat them, and almost certainly they would've steamrolled the Phillies.
(eerily like ten years later) Maybe I should change my default pick to the Rays? Lousy Blue Jays!

Anyway, I don't care how much you hate Red Sox, and their Cub-like love affair with misery, the Orioles are worse. Its just dormant cuz they've stunk for a couple years.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
I think the Oriole logo looks like a robin. In fact, I *know* it looks like a robin.

Okay, and I swear I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that!)

:gulp:

southsidegirl
04-04-2004, 08:30 PM
THAT IS TERRIBLE! Thanks a lot, now I'm gonna be in a bad mood all night.

HomeFish
04-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Malgar 12

Anyway, I don't care how much you hate Red Sox, and their Cub-like love affair with misery, the Orioles are worse. Its just dormant cuz they've stunk for a couple years.

Well, since my other favorite team is the defending AL Champion (who have a little spat with the Red Sox) and I just got rejected from Harvard, I think I'll stick with enjoying watching anything Boston-related get destroyed. :D:

Clembasbal
04-04-2004, 09:57 PM
I have to say that besides the White Sox, the Orioles are my second favorite team.

My dad remembers growing up listening to them on radio and I guess they just stuck with me. It is awesome to look at his old stuff too, I mean the guy was nuts about them, I have stats books on them from every year from '65-'77...and when I say stats I mean he did them day-to-day with the dashes when anything occurred...(as in 3 being III)

Anyway, that cheer for Magglio is annoying, and too loud at the park and I hope to never hear it again.

And as long as the Orioles get credit for it before the Scrubs do -- by using it for Derrick Lee or some crap -- I am fine with it. Because you know we never will get any.

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 10:29 PM
I was just coming home to Reply to that. I OFFICIALLY HATE THE ORIOLES. They have an UGLY and Incorrect hat to boot.
I heard that tonite watching the game, and I thought to myself, Youve got to be Kidding. Funny thing though.....Nobody knew what to chant ..........I think they Forgot they Never did trade for MAGGLIO. That is OUR CHANT. WE MADE IT UP, That is probably the most bogus thing Ive heard in quite some time. Its almost like cub fans were making that up.

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 10:42 PM
its for This Reason, I dont ever want to see a Home Run ball hit by the Visitors, "thrown back". That is NOT our "tradition".
White Sox Fans Create Traditions, Not Copy them.

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
I have to say that besides the White Sox, the Orioles are my second favorite team.

I always had a soft-spot in my heart for that team. Til they changed their Hat to one with a Pigeon on it. Its annoying to look at that hat, but still enough for me to say Oh Well, at least theyre an American League Team. Tonite however, This has
Changed. How a team could blatantly take something belonging to another team, and copy it, is beyond me. The Orioles Disappoint me Greatly. The Cubs, I can see doing that. That team will take any Charity and steal from you. But the Orioles ????

JohnBasedowYoda
04-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I How a team could blatantly take something belonging to another team, and copy it, is beyond me. The Orioles Disappoint me Greatly. The Cubs, I can see doing that. That team will take any Charity and steal from you. But the Orioles ????

Kind of unrelated but i went to a milwaukee bucks game a few years ago and while i was walking to my seats i heard a very familiar song. "come on, baby don't you wanna go, hidey hey! baby don't you wanna go, back to that same old place! sweet home MILWAUKEE"

Talk about the biggest rip-off ever!! All they do up here is make fun of illinois and then steal one of greatest songs and put their ratty name on it. Talk about a load of b.s.

ihatethecubs
04-05-2004, 04:18 AM
and that "HEY! YOU SUCK!" chant is annoying as hell. and so is their goofy "tradition" to scream "O!!!" during the national anthem. their fans are a bunch of pansies too, they cleared out half way through the game cuz it was too cold for them. orioles=annoying

steff
04-05-2004, 06:08 AM
I was just coming home to Reply to that. I OFFICIALLY HATE THE ORIOLES.

*snip*

You hate the Orioles because their fans adopted the OEO chant...?

I'll be sure to pass that information along, Henry...

And Clembasbal, the O's are my second fav team to. I root for them daily except when they play the Sox. :D:

Hokiesox
04-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
and that "HEY! YOU SUCK!" chant is annoying as hell. and so is their goofy "tradition" to scream "O!!!" during the national anthem. their fans are a bunch of pansies too, they cleared out half way through the game cuz it was too cold for them. orioles=annoying

This is the best explanation of O's fans weird "traditions."

Worst of all, the don't just shoud O!! at Camden yards during the anthem. Noooo, it's shouted at Caps games, Redskins, Ravens, Terps, Wizards (if anyone goes), minor league games, Duke games, Navy games (EVERYWHERE!). And, it is by far Baltimore's most annoying tradition.

thepaulbowski
04-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by steff

I'll be sure to pass that information along, Henry...

And Clembasbal, the O's are my second fav team to. I root for them daily except when they play the Sox. :D:

You'd get along well with my wife then, she's an Orioles fan (she grew up in Baltimore.) I've been sucessful into turning her into a Sox fan, though. :D:

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 08:30 AM

No......I hate the Orioles because their fans STOLE the oeo chant.
Big Difference. Id respect Oriole fans more if they made something up original ................... Wouldnt you?

Dick Allen
04-05-2004, 08:53 AM
How about their weird tradition of playing "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" by John Denver during the 7th inning stretch?

npdempse
04-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Cleveland also uses the O-E-O chant. I don't remember exactly, but I think it's O-E-O Omar, for Omar Vizquel, which doesn't make any sense at all.

Foulke You
04-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
How about their weird tradition of playing "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" by John Denver during the 7th inning stretch?

LOL!! I had two Orioles fans sitting next to me during a Sox game at Comiskey against the Orioles and this annoying chick with an O's hat on, kept asking me when we were going to play "Thank God I'm a Country Boy". I told her that this was Chicago and we don't believe in John Denver's Country Boy song here. :D: She was like "Well, then what do you sing during the 7th inning?" (like all teams sing some stupid John Denver song) I told her we sing "Take Me Out to The Ballgame" to Nancy Faust's organ during the 7th inning. The look of utter disappointment on her face was incredible. It would be like telling a Cubs fan that Wrigley ran out of Old Style and the celebrity 7th inning stretch was cancelled.

Baby Fisk
04-05-2004, 11:30 AM
This team has sucked since it left St. Louis.

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
Cleveland also uses the O-E-O chant. I don't remember exactly, but I think it's O-E-O Omar, for Omar Vizquel, which doesn't make any sense at all.

that doesnt make sense.........Other Teams should STOP TRYING to make other Teams Chants work for them, and INVENT THEIR OWN .........simple as that. Just makes them look like chumps.
for the record, the Orioles sing take me out to the bgame also....
afterwards they do the Denver song......I dont mind, its their
thing.

Clembasbal
04-05-2004, 11:53 AM
that doesnt make sense.........Other Teams should STOP TRYING to make other Teams Chants work for them, and INVENT THEIR OWN .........simple as that. Just makes them look like chumps.

You know...I agree with that, it does make them look like fools. But most baseball fans have only been to about 1 baseball stadium in their lifetime...yes there are ones that have been to over 20 like myself and others, but most have only been to 1.

Because of that, they feel that a tradition might be their own and what not...maybe we didn't start the O-E-O...maybe??? (I am sure we did though).

When I went to the Vet five years ago I laughed at their hidden ball hat game, and said the Sox have been doing that for years, that's our! But maybe they started it??? maybe??

What I am saying is that a ton of fans don't know who has started what and what takes place at other stadiums and when it began, most of them don't even care. Until there is a list of when traditions or slogans or a saying start for each team, we will never know if we copied off other teams or if they copied off of us.

GO SOX!!!

steff
04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
No......I hate the Orioles because their fans STOLE the oeo chant.
Big Difference. Id respect Oriole fans more if they made something up original ................... Wouldnt you?

No... If I was childish enough to care.... I guess I'd be irritated with the fans and not the Orioles. Like they control what the fans do..

Whoops.. almost forgot..

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

steff
04-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
You'd get along well with my wife then, she's an Orioles fan (she grew up in Baltimore.) I've been sucessful into turning her into a Sox fan, though. :D:

Oh Lord.. I am a Sox fan first and foremost. I've followed Baltimore since I was introduced to Cal in 1988, and like for them to do well whenever they play anyone else but us. :D:

Ms Wilkes and the Aloha's can tell you what a basket case I was last year when Sidney was pitching.. I pretty much just sat on my hands in silence...

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 01:36 PM
No... If I was childish enough to care.... I guess I'd be irritated with the fans and not the Orioles. Like they control what the fans do..

Whoops.. almost forgot..

I dont think im being "childish" if im not in agreement with the Orioles using a SOX bit as their own. Hardly. The ORIOLES are playing the Recording of the OEO, in order to get the FANS to chant. So I blame the ORIOLES.

Brian26
04-05-2004, 01:38 PM

Whoops.. almost forgot..

Well, the Orioles somewhat do control the fans in that they have to play the O-E-O music over the loud speaker and show the O-E-O graphic on the scoreboard. We've seen how the Sox fans, unfortunately, react when the fan-o-meter comes on our scoreboard. I would blame the Orioles more than the fans on this one.

Brian26
04-05-2004, 01:38 PM
I dont think im being "childish" if im not in agreement with the Orioles using a SOX bit as their own. Hardly. The ORIOLES are playing the Recording of the OEO, in order to get the FANS to chant. So I blame the ORIOLES.

You just beat me to it, Hangar. Just said the exact same thing.

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 01:51 PM
:sahaf

" The great patriots, the fans of the Orioles have been Chanting OEO for many many years. It is the Will of the People
that makes them Chant OOO eeeee OOOOO. They do not
need Propoganda "

whitesoxwilkes
04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Having grown up in the home of the O's longtime AAA affiliate, I'll always have a special place in my heart for them.

I remember seeing many a future star play in Rochester as a kid--Rex Hudler, David Segui, Curt Schilling, Mike Mussina just to name a few.

thepaulbowski
04-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Having grown up in the home of the O's longtime AAA affiliate, I'll always have a special place in my heart for them.

I remember seeing many a future star play in Rochester as a kid--Rex Hudler, David Segui, Curt Schilling, Mike Mussina just to name a few.

My wife tells me of the days she was at old Memorial Stadium during rain delays and watching Dempsey slide across the tarp. You had to be a true fan to make a trek to Memorial stadium...that area was a hole.

steff
04-05-2004, 04:21 PM

So you blame the players for something they have no control over..... na.. not childish at all Henry.

:whiner:

StillMissOzzie
04-05-2004, 11:21 PM
I've hated the Orioles since 1983, when they hit Kittle in the knee. Still do...

SMO
:gulp:

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 11:29 PM
So you blame the players for something they have no control over..... na.. not childish at all Henry.

:whiner:

Steff, Where did I say I hated the Oriole Players? When I say I hate the Orioles, I think its safe to say I mean the ORIOLES ORGANIZATION. :angry: To make things clear for Steff, I Hangar18 would like to say I HATE the ORIOLES ORGANIZATION for Blatantly Taking a Cheer the White Sox coined, and trying to Pass it off as theirs. And to a lesser Extent, I extend some Pre-Emptive hatred to the Oriole Fans for Embracing a Cheer they Clearly know is not theirs, nor Very Original. THey watch and hear the games when their "Robins" come here to play us.
Oriole Fans Know Better. Not very Original for a team thats considered a very storied American League Franchise. Im ashamed for them ......they dont need to stoop to that level......
they have enough "history" without needing to borrow
from the White Sox.