PDA

View Full Version : Kruk Picks Sox to Win AL Central

Viva Magglio
04-04-2004, 08:00 PM
On BBTN, prior to the Red Sox-Orioles game, John Kruk predicted that the White Sox will win the AL Central by default. Harold Reynolds predicted the Royals, and Peter Gammons predicted the Twins.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Gammons didn't even use the picks that he had in ESPN the mag. I swear, these guys must change their picks 100 times during the course of the season. They never look back at the end to see who was right and who was wrong anyways.

koch44
04-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Boston's prediction for the world series was Cubs over Red Sox. :angry:

HITMEN OF 77
04-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Did Kruk pick us because he played for us? I think he enjoyed his time with the Sox.

Thunderstruck30
04-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Did Kruk pick us because he played for us? I think he enjoyed his time with the Sox.

Maybe, I mean he did also pick the Phillies to win the NL East.

SoxFan76
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
They were joking about how he picked his teams. So it may have infulenced his decisions. Harold said he should have picked Seattle.

Mohoney
04-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
They were joking about how he picked his teams. So it may have infulenced his decisions. Harold said he should have picked Seattle.

Did Reynolds jump off the Reds bandwagon yet?

SSN721
04-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Well I guess he is about the only one, since every national radio and television program has picked either the Twins or Royals to win without even mentioning the White Sox.

fledgedrallycap
04-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Gammons did mention the following:

He did like what he has seen and heard from Ozzie, and the White Sox may be a completely different team.

Carl mentioned that the AL Central may be the most under-rated division in baseball, with the Twins, Sox, Royals and improving Indians and Tigers.

gosox41
04-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Gammons did mention the following:

He did like what he has seen and heard from Ozzie, and the White Sox may be a completely different team.

Carl mentioned that the AL Central may be the most under-rated division in baseball, with the Twins, Sox, Royals and improving Indians and Tigers.

I don't think underrated is the best work. The Central has 4 teams that all have the potential to play at the same low level and make it an interesting summer. But no team in this division is a legit contender anywhere else in the league.

Bob