PDA

View Full Version : Hangar 18 Renderings Pt. 3

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Some more Ideas for the LF Concourse ...............

A.T. Money
04-04-2004, 06:43 PM
It's beginning to look more and more like Wrigley.

No thanks....

Viva Magglio
04-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Hangar, what is that in left-center field, a Pepsi tank?

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Hangar, what is that in left-center field, a Pepsi tank?

Yes, its a Faux Water Tank, there for Advertising. Note the 2 Kennedy Expressway Sized Billboards have been replaced by a Giant Guiness (or similar bottle or Pint) Pint, and the Water Tank with a Pepsi Logo on it. Its taking advertising, and making it Blend in with the Old-Fashioned Buildings in LF
and not be so dang Overwhelming and Out-of-Scale

MarqSox
04-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Yes, its a Faux Water Tank, there for Advertising. Note the 2 Kennedy Expressway Sized Billboards have been replaced by a Giant Guiness (or similar bottle or Pint) Pint, and the Water Tank with a Pepsi Logo on it. Its taking advertising, and making it Blend in with the Old-Fashioned Buildings in LF
Am I the only one who LIKES the giant billboards? They're different -- they're not kitschy and cute. They are what they are and they don't apologize for it. I say keep em.

soxnut
04-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Am I the only one who LIKES the giant billboards? They're different -- they're not kitschy and cute. They are what they are and they don't apologize for it. I say keep em.

I don't have too much of a problem with them either. In one of the renderings, there is an MGD bottle and then in another the Guinness Glass, that's too much beer for me. It make it look like Sox fans are a bunch of alcoholics.

I wouldn't mind seeing the billboards get an old-fashioned surround(more rounded at the corners) than just a rectangle. I like the idea that HKS has for the building that they are considering, and I think that's cool. I also think that something should be done along Wentworth(as in shops, eateries, bars, etc)

SSN721
04-05-2004, 06:40 AM
I honestly dont have that much of a problem with the larger billboards either. I think you have too much ads with kitch value then it stops looking unique and more like too much. I wouldnt mind if they did round the corners streamlining their look a little bit but I really dont mind them the way they are. Or if you put smaller ones on top of the roofs of some of the outfiels buildings that would look kind of cool too.

MarqSox
04-05-2004, 07:53 AM
The other thing is, the whole trend of incorporating neighborhood features into the ballpark -- i.e. the Wrigley apartments, the Camden Yards warehouse, the San Francisco Bay -- only works when you're using ACTUAL neighborhood features. What is proposed here -- inventing scenery, essentially -- would look awfully lame, IMO. This isn't a back lot at Universal Studios, it's the South Side ballpark.

I dunno, I just feel like if you try TOO hard, it can only backfire. This, IMO, is trying too hard.

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
The other thing is, the whole trend of incorporating neighborhood features into the ballpark -- i.e. the Wrigley apartments, the Camden Yards warehouse, the San Francisco Bay -- only works when you're using ACTUAL neighborhood features. What is proposed here -- inventing scenery, essentially -- would look awfully lame, IMO. This isn't a back lot at Universal Studios, it's the South Side ballpark.

I dunno, I just feel like if you try TOO hard, it can only backfire. This, IMO, is trying too hard.

Were incorporating neighborhood features.......Because THERE ARE NO NEIGHBORHOOD FEATURES. Like the Ancient Romans, REINSDORF BULLDOZED Everything and was about to lay salt
on the land, but the state of IL stopped him. These arent
faux buildings, but actual, usable working buildings that will
spur growth in the area .............. What happens if they build stuff across the street?? Will be people complain and say were
trying to be like the "cubs" because we have bars across the street?

Baby Fisk
04-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

No man, forget about the water tank. It screams Yankee Stadium. Up until the 70's renovation, Yankee Stadium had a water tank in CF just like that one. It's the first thing I thought of.

But I love the giant Guinness pint! :gulp: