PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts 4/4/04

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 05:36 PM
This thread is usually reserved for my experiences with Overwhelmingly Stupid cub fans, but have to mention running into some sox fans last nite. I was with a group of friends last nite, and 3 among us are Big Time SOX fans and happened to be talking about Our Lineup this year when I overheard this guy next to me at the bar (one of my favorite dive bars with good loud music on Lincoln Ave) saying something about "frank thomas ...and opening day". I looked over and sure enough, the guy was talking SOX baseball with a couple of his buddies, and was wearing the black SOX spring-training t-shirt.

I asked if he got it at ST and he said yes, he and his buddy just got back. I laughed, and told him we were SOX fans also. The Guy laughed and said "Were Underground man, nobody talks about us, but we're Everywhere". We all laughed about that
and the 6 of us talked some SOX baseball and drank some cold beverages. I went to the bathroom and on my way back, was funny to note how our "group" had suddenly 2 different Boisterously SOX related conversations going, and that these guys were definitely big-time fans, and how we must have sounded to anyone walking by us. It was one of those Sox-Fans-Are-Everywhere Moment that should be Mentioned in the Media................if the Media were paying attention

santo=dorf
04-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Did you plug the site? :D:

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2004, 06:59 PM
the purpose of life is to experience great moments like that

SoxBoy14
04-04-2004, 08:10 PM
You'd be surprised at the number of Sox fans in Chicago, it's not as low as the media wants you to think.

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
You'd be surprised at the number of Sox fans in Chicago, it's not as low as the media wants you to think.

Or at the numbers in Southern California. Im sure some of our West Coast Brothers will attest to this. I couldnt believe the Number of SOX fans I saw out in LA when they played the Dodgers. I kept wondering aloud if the Networks were showing the SOX fans all over the stadium ............

SoxFan76
04-04-2004, 10:47 PM
A lot of Sox fans do show up on the west coast. Have no idea how or why that is.

DSpivack
04-05-2004, 11:07 AM
I was at the Dogwood Festival in Atlanta over the weekend, and saw a guy with a Sox hat. I just thought another ghettofab fashion statement; but then I noticed a NIU Huskies jersey and smiled. It's good to see that away from home.

Then I saw an idiot in a Cubs hat and a Cubs shirt....and he had a cell phone in one hand, and a cup of beer in another. And I thought- the stereotypes are true.