PDA

View Full Version : New Renovation Pics

A.T. Money
04-04-2004, 04:41 PM
I decided to drive up to the park today in our new truck to take some photos of the renovations. Some of the pics may not be the best, but I took them behind the wheel so bare with me. Luckily, this was a 5.0 megapixel digital camera... :D:

Here are 2 shots from the Dan Ryan.

http://home.comcast.net/~tpabich/sox4-4-041.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tpabich/sox4-4-042.jpg

--------------

Just south of the park.

http://home.comcast.net/~tpabich/sox4-4-043.jpg

--------------

This might be my favorite one. Look how easily you can see the Sears Tower now!

http://home.comcast.net/~tpabich/sox4-4-044.jpg

--------------

Picture from Lot B

http://home.comcast.net/~tpabich/sox4-4-045.jpg

soltrain21
04-04-2004, 04:48 PM
It looks really good.

Thanks for the pictures, buuudy!

mikef1331
04-04-2004, 04:54 PM
The park is really looking great! Thank's for the pics.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2004, 05:32 PM
awesome! it's amazing how different the joint looks with a flat roof. I'm gonna miss the old monster though...

Viva Magglio
04-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Will it be ready on time?

joeynach
04-04-2004, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikef1331
The park is really looking great! Thank's for the pics. [/QUOTE

Hell yeah it looks amazing. I love it. Now all they need to do is something to the outside of the park. They really need to get rid of that tan bland conrete facade. I propose a paint job or cover it with a different material; iron, steel, brick, siding. Whatever. Also if they could shrink or eleminate some of those exterior ramps.

soxnut
04-04-2004, 06:33 PM
It's cool how you can see the Sears Tower through the UD .

A.T. Money
04-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by joeynach

Hell yeah it looks amazing. I love it. Now all they need to do is something to the outside of the park. They really need to get rid of that tan bland conrete facade. I propose a paint job or cover it with a different material; iron, steel, brick, siding. Whatever. Also if they could shrink or eleminate some of those exterior ramps.

Please, no paint job. That will look incredibly cheap. There is nothing wrong with the exterior color.

batmanZoSo
04-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Please, no paint job. That will look incredibly cheap. There is nothing wrong with the exterior color.

Thanks for the effort there.

It's amazing how much better it looks. Now they gotta get rid of all those stupid ramps. They have to build something that doesn't block 90% of the exterior.

It's kind of a downer though...if you look at the last pic you can see the Sears tower "towering" over the grandstand. Can you imagine if the park were rotated 90 degrees with left field facing the city? What a view that would be.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg
"Oh well...live and learn, right?"

joeynach
04-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money

Considering its the same color and almost looks identical to the parking garage i park in when i go to class. Yuck. Give it something. I mean the outside of the United Center is sord of like this but at least they gave it some astetics. They have corners and cruves and glass and stell mixed in.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Man that park is looking good. I didnt even think of the chicago skyline when i heard of the renovations. What is really looking nice is tehy've covered under the UD from the outside view. Now it dont look like a concerete bowl anymore.

pinwheels3530
04-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Wow if they put the HR porch in right field you will have a great view of the Sears Tower!

SSN721
04-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks a lot for the pics, looking great, cant wait til opening day.

Rush20
04-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Funny, however it wasn't until Phase IV rennovation did I realize how ugly those outside ramps truly are. They literally block the design of the ballpark!

I think the outside design with it's old style Comiskey windows looks great, unfortunately, you don't see it! The SOX brass have got to figure out how to fix that.

DSpivack
04-05-2004, 10:54 AM
It looks great, but there is a little white trim on the outside that look weird; I don't know if that is staying there or not, but I hope not.

batmanZoSo
04-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Rush20
Funny, however it wasn't until Phase IV rennovation did I realize how ugly those outside ramps truly are. They literally block the design of the ballpark!

I think the outside design with it's old style Comiskey windows looks great, unfortunately, you don't see it! The SOX brass have got to figure out how to fix that.

Well said.

One thing that comes to mind is they can build ramps that are perpendicular to the outer walls of the park. That way they don't obscure it so much.

Or how about some freakin escalators up there? It is not fun walking down all those ramps from the upper deck when you're drunk.

jabrch
04-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikef1331
The park is really looking great! Thank's for the pics. [/QUOTE

How bout they whitewash it?

A.T. Money
04-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
How bout they whitewash it?

Woooooooo, Uuuuuuuuuuglleeeeeeeeeee

mjb
04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the Great pictures, especially the picture from the South with the skyline in view. Hopefully, the 2005 renovations will include the "grand entrance" and the new building with "rooftop" party and viewing areas in Left Field.

The view from this area will be spectacular: fantastic views of the downtown skyline and the playing field.

This renovation would solve the greatest defect of the current park. Rather than turning its back on the city by facing South and East, the grand entrance and rooftop areas would re-orient the focus to the North and East with one of the best views in the entire metropolitan areas.