PDA

View Full Version : Bradley traded to LA

Paulwny
04-04-2004, 02:39 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- The Los Angeles Dodgers acquired troubled outfielder Milton Bradley from the Cleveland Indians on Sunday for a minor leaguer and a player to be named.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/wire/sns-ap-bbo-indians-dodgers-trade,0,5848142.story?coll=sns-ap-baseball-headlines

serena
04-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Isn't Bradley originally from SoCal?

SEALgep
04-04-2004, 02:51 PM
The minor leaguer is outfielder Franklin Gutierrez, who was a top notch prospect within the organization.

A. Cavatica
04-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Getting Franklin Gutierrez and a PTBNL in return. Gutierrez, by all accounts, was one of LA's best prospects, but he played in A ball last year so he won't help the Tribe for a couple of seasons, and his upside is probably...Milton Bradley?

You know with Cleveland's pitching they would rather have had Jackson or Miller, but LA didn't give those guys up.

Somehow I don't think LA is the right place for a guy like Bradley. LA may still be willing & able to deal pitching for another bat.

jabrch
04-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I was at Vero for a few dodger games this spring. Gutierrez looks very very good. I am surprised they were able to get that much for Bradley when everyone knew they had to trade him.

SEALgep
04-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I was at Vero for a few dodger games this spring. Gutierrez looks very very good. I am surprised they were able to get that much for Bradley when everyone knew they had to trade him. That's how desperate the Dodgers were.

Chisoxfn
04-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Wow, thats a pretty big prospect to give up for a guy that that Tribe really wanted to dump.

Wasn't Bradley originally from the Dodgers system or am I confusing him with someone else?

WinningUgly!
04-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by serena
Isn't Bradley originally from SoCal?
Harbor City, CA.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Wasn't Bradley originally from the Dodgers system or am I confusing him with someone else?
No.. The Expos drafted him in the 2nd round of the 1996 draft.

Deadguy
04-04-2004, 04:30 PM
He and Paul LoDuca won't get along.

There was an incident last year between them during a Fox broadcast of a Saturday afternoon game between the Tribe and the Dodgers in Cleveland.

Earlier in the game, Bradley hit a homerun, and did his normal routine of taking off his batting gloves while trotting to 1B, as a way of showing up the pitcher. Later in the game, Bradley struck out, and LoDuca, who was miked during the game, started screaming at Bradley, "Take your gloves off now buddy!"

The two continued to scream back and forth at each other from the dugouts, and both shared rather harsh words for the other in post game comments. I'm sure there's still bad blood between the two, so that should be interesting to watch.

soxtalker
04-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
He and Paul LoDuca won't get along.

There was an incident last year between them during a Fox broadcast of a Saturday afternoon game between the Tribe and the Dodgers in Cleveland.

Earlier in the game, Bradley hit a homerun, and did his normal routine of taking off his batting gloves while trotting to 1B, as a way of showing up the pitcher. Later in the game, Bradley struck out, and LoDuca, who was miked during the game, started screaming at Bradley, "Take your gloves off now buddy!"

The two continued to scream back and forth at each other from the dugouts, and both shared rather harsh words for the other in post game comments. I'm sure there's still bad blood between the two, so that should be interesting to watch.

Are you sure that you have the right guy. LoDuca was in Oakland -- assistant to Beane.

soltrain21
04-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Are you sure that you have the right guy. LoDuca was in Oakland -- assistant to Beane.

Uh...he is talking about the catcher..

SEALgep
04-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Are you sure that you have the right guy. LoDuca was in Oakland -- assistant to Beane. It's the right guy.

serena
04-05-2004, 01:40 AM

You're thinking of DePodesta, the new Dodgers GM. :D:

mweflen
04-05-2004, 01:59 AM
Desperate times require desperate measures.

Had Albert Belle announced a comeback, the Dodgers would have been first in line. They're starved for offense. Heck, they were even courting Paulie after his abysmal 6 million dollar season.

Any bets on the first "MB Meltdown in LA" Stories? I'm guessing June 1.