PDA

View Full Version : Need advise:

MiamiSpartan
04-04-2004, 10:42 AM
My sister is visiting from LA. I haven't seen her since 1999. We have tickets for the Marlin's opener. She insists on wearing a Cub's hat. What should I do? :?: :?:

Dubman
04-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by MiamiSpartan
My sister is visiting from LA. I haven't seen her since 1999. We have tickets for the Marlin's opener. She insists on wearing a Cub's hat. What should I do? :?: :?:

Be supportive she is your sister after all. Offer to buy a piece of jewelry with a Cubs logo on it to compliment her hat, like a choker perhaps.

whitesoxwilkes
04-04-2004, 10:55 AM

Tell her you're not responsible for the jeers and heckles sure to come her way, and then buy her a beer.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Wear a Sox cap and a t-shirt that reads, "I'm with stupid, but I love her anyway."

:smile:

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 11:44 AM
At breakfast, quietly Discard the hat, then when she gets angry over it, Explain to Her Plainly that By Her Wearing a Cub Hat,
She is Furthering the STEREOTYPE that cub fans are everywhere, and every cub hat in the stands, slowly hurts the SOX. Tell her that by Hurting the SOX, shes Hurting YOU. Ask if if she likes
Hurting You? you'll be surprised when she doesnt wear the
hat then ........

HomeFish
04-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Do you guys still have the Fan Conversion booth there?

WinningUgly!
04-04-2004, 12:06 PM

Simple solution...
Take a Sharpie & add "h-o-k-e" to the right of the "C".

kevingrt
04-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Wear a Sox cap and a t-shirt that reads, "I'm with stupid, but I love her anyway."

:smile:

My vote for best one so far. I have no creativity I would just stay away from her during the game as long as possible.

SoxxoS
04-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Flip the hat off during the game, pee on it, and tell her it's more authentic this way.

voodoochile
04-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Dump a beer on her at the game and invite the rest of the people to do the same. She's your sister, what's with all the love stuff. You need some good old fashioned sibling rivalry... :D:

Can you tell my sister comes for a visit today?

Frank the Tank
04-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Buy her the cubs hat.....but be sure you also buy her: goofy glasses, a bright green turtle neck and grossly dis-proportionate head phones from the 1980's.

SEALgep
04-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

:smile: Best idea. At least wear the Sox hat so everyone knows what's up. People will think it's cute that you are trying to teach your sister about baseball.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Best idea. At least wear the Sox hat so everyone knows what's up. People will think it's cute that you are trying to teach your sister about baseball.

Yes, buy the shirt that says, "I'm with stupid, but I love her anyway." Just make sure you only buy *one* t-shirt otherwise she might try to wear one, too.

:)

joeynach
04-04-2004, 03:17 PM

Although this is the epidimey of everything we stand for and are always talking about, she is your sister. Dont get in an argument just be like its disgraful to wear that hat with no affiliation with the team or city. Just becuase its popular or just becuase you are choosing the cubs cuz lots of people talk about them doens't make you a fan. At least thats why we dispise cub fans so much, they just arbitrarily choose the cubs. My advise to you is when you pick her up at the airport have a nice new dodger or marlin hat for hear. She is from LA and she is going to the marlin opener.

Jerko
04-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Tell her to get her hair cut real short, then find the first INS agent you can and tell them that Elian Gonzalez escaped and have her deported to Cuba. This way she can tell everyone that's what the C on her hat stands for when she gets there.

SoxBoy14
04-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Simply wear a Sox hat and a marlins shirt that reads 2004 World Series Champions.

guillen4life13
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Kill her.

kittle42
04-04-2004, 08:07 PM

The first thing you should do is read my signature line.

MiamiSpartan
04-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
The first thing you should do is read my signature line.

My bad....Thanks for all the suggestions! :)