PDA

View Full Version : Dave Roberts

lowesox
04-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Apparently, LA is seriously looking at Milton Bradley - which would reduce Dave Roberts to a 4th OF for them. If that happens, I hope Kenny takes a long look at bringing Roberts over. He hits left and steals a lot of bases.

He'd be a nice fit at the top of our lineup.

ma-gaga
04-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Apparently, LA is seriously looking at Milton Bradley - which would reduce Dave Roberts to a 4th OF for them. If that happens, I hope Kenny takes a long look at bringing Roberts over. He hits left and steals a lot of bases.

He'd be a nice fit at the top of our lineup.

um... do you know how OLD he is? Cripes, he's older than Lofton.

Rex Hudler
04-04-2004, 12:45 AM
I don't think offense will be this team's problem.... I wouldn't make any moves on that front right now.

Chisox_cali
04-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
um... do you know how OLD he is? Cripes, he's older than Lofton.

Lofton born in 1967
Roberts born in 1972

Both coinsidentally born on 5/31, how bout that?

santo=dorf
04-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Um, you know we just traded for Timo Perez right? We can't have more than one 4th outfielder.

OneDog
04-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Um, you know we just traded for Timo Perez right? We can't have more than one 4th outfielder.

Actually, Rowand and Perez already make 2 fourth outfielders. :-)

Clembasbal
04-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Roberts stole a bunch of bases in the first half - like 25 - got hurt and missed a bunch of games, stole some more but just wasn't the same. The guy is old, can't hit for power or average, he is a ancient Willie Harris, who cost double of what "Wee" Willie does...

...and though he has stolen some bases in the spring, he still hits like crap and would not be worth it.

ma-gaga
04-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Lofton born in 1967
Roberts born in 1972

Both coinsidentally born on 5/31, how bout that?

well, Who the hell am I thinking of? I could have sworn it was 1962...

santo=dorf
04-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by OneDog
Actually, Rowand and Perez already make 2 fourth outfielders. :-)

Yet I set that up, but I thought Daver was going to be the first one to say that. :smile:

SEALgep
04-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Um, you know we just traded for Timo Perez right? We can't have more than one 4th outfielder. Not to mention we have Gload as well who can play the corners, and even CF if needed (did well at CF during ST but it's obvious it's not ideal.) Perez is a better acquisition than Roberts, and is also a left handed bat who can hit righties pretty well. Although he isn't a big time stolen base threat, he has speed, which is evident on the base paths and with his range in CF. Not to mention he has World Series experience. Obviously better than Roberts IMO.

Daver
04-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Yet I set that up, but I thought Daver was going to be the first one to say that. :smile:

I'm to busy drawing the blueprints for the Aaron Rowand wing at Cooperstown......