PDA

View Full Version : Sox 4 and 5 Starters

Soxfest
04-04-2004, 12:52 AM
If Sox really have to count on Scott S ( I am a reliever dammit ) and Danny W ( Mr. Kerosene ) for very long it is going to kill any chance to win division, hitting will be fine but to score 5 and lose 7-5 with these 2 guys pitching with era's in the 6.00 range and who knows about Jon G in the 3 spot, Sox are going to have to make some kind a deal for another starter or forget it.

SEALgep
04-04-2004, 01:00 AM
We might end up making a deal, or maybe Schoney will put it together. Hopefully he'll be decent enough to at least be an okay starter for a month or two while either Cotts or Grilli get stretched out enough. We shall see, but it isn't doom yet.

ma-gaga
04-04-2004, 01:49 AM
The one thing is, every team in the AL Central has pitching issues. Cleveland probably has the best 1-5 pitching in the division.

minny and chi are close in terms of 1-3 starters, but neither has reliable #4 or #5 pitching... KC is a mess. Detroit is a mess.

It's ugly.

kevingrt
04-04-2004, 12:15 PM
With everyone having crappy pitching staffs in the Central look for some high scoring games. Also I would not be surprised at all if the winner- probably us- comes out of the division with a below .500 record. The only problem with that is that we play the Central so much that it is tough to do. But with the talent we have I don't know if we can get above .500

Anyone know the last time a team under .500 has made the playoffs? :?:

SoxxoS
04-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Hopefully we can "Dave Burba" Show and Wright.

KW and Ozzie need a quick hook on both these guys.

ode to veeck
04-04-2004, 06:00 PM
KW and Ozzie need a quick hook on both these guys.

Yeah, let's rush to throw Shinzo and and Koch at 'em

SoxxoS
04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Yeah, let's rush to throw Shinzo and and Koch at 'em

I meant replacements in the rotation. Rauch or Cotts or whoever...if they struggle.

Corlose 15
04-04-2004, 08:33 PM
I don't understand why people are so willing to throw out Shoney and Wright. What impresses everyone so much about Cotts and Rauch? Sure, Shoeneweis has had a terrible spring but Wright has had a very solid one and he won 14 games two years ago. I know, he had a bad year last year but I don't think he was ever fully healthy. I do belive Cotts will be a good pitcher in time but I don't understand how anyone can think he'll do better than Shoeneweiss now, doesn't anyone remember Cott's starts last year?

As, for Rauch, I've never really seen anything from him that impresses me.