PDA

View Full Version : Lights on at the Cell!

joeynach
04-03-2004, 11:28 PM
I was in Chi town for the day and took a drive past the cell, the lights were on. Man they were bright. Im sure they were just testing them out since they are new and all. It looked really good. Much more pleasing to the eye, astetically. From where like 94 and 55 meet you dont see some huge bowl rising up with little red lights on them warning the planes from midway. You see a dark iron framework thats much more in size with the rest of the park. WHen i got up close and drive past i said it looks good but they really have a lot of touching up to do to make it look great. I mean the whole framework is great but it could use some lighting up, some color, some sinage, something. We will have to see how it comes out. Im excited as hell.

DrCrawdad
04-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
I was in Chi town for the day and took a drive past the cell, the lights were on. Man they were bright. Im sure they were just testing them out since they are new and all. It looked really good. Much more pleasing to the eye, astetically. From where like 94 and 55 meet you dont see some huge bowl rising up with little red lights on them warning the planes from midway. You see a dark iron framework thats much more in size with the rest of the park. WHen i got up close and drive past i said it looks good but they really have a lot of touching up to do to make it look great. I mean the whole framework is great but it could use some lighting up, some color, some sinage, something. We will have to see how it comes out. Im excited as hell.

Grab a digital camera, take some pictures and then post them here!

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 10:47 AM
They are doing work Round-the-Clock, so thats why you see
the Lights On. A couple days ago, from about 8pm to 10pm,
they were testing the Scoreboard, and you can see that from
that 94-55 junction. Yes, this park looks much more aesthetically correct now, with a Roof, and the other lites being visible, not some FLying Saucer that landed inside the park

CubKilla
04-04-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm glad everybody is excited about the ballpark renovations. I just wish I shared the same excitement for the team. But that seems to be the JR way of doing business now-a-days..... create subtle diversions to take the focus away from the crap product on the field.

kevingrt
04-04-2004, 11:17 AM
I was coming back from my trip to Miami and it was late afternoon and I saw the Cell from atop and it looks very good. They had lights on and all. I was very impressed by the renovation of the Upper Deck from far away.

I can't wait for opening day to see and experience the beautiful park and upper deck known as the Cell.

A.T. Money
04-04-2004, 11:52 AM
The lights are on because they are new, so they need to burn them for a couple days. They did the same thing with Soldier Field.

Daver
04-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
The lights are on because they are new, so they need to burn them for a couple days. They did the same thing with Soldier Field.

In both cases the lights are on because they are working around the clock,they did it at Soldier Field and they are doing it at Comiskey.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2004, 12:08 PM
And will probably be working until the gates open.

duke of dorwood
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
The glass that coses in the upper deck looks great. I'm actually glad they put me up there opening day. It will be nice to be the first group to sit up there too.

joeynach
04-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Grab a digital camera, take some pictures and then post them here!

Cant do it. I just drove by on my way back to purdue. Im not in Chi town anymore, plus it was like 10 pm what was i supposed to get shots of that late. You cant take pictures in the black of night.,

Brian26
04-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Daver
In both cases the lights are on because they are working around the clock,they did it at Soldier Field and they are doing it at Comiskey.

8 days left until the home opener. They sure are going down to the wire. I think they're going to make it though.

Daver
04-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
8 days left until the home opener. They sure are going down to the wire. I think they're going to make it though.

I was at Comiskey Park all night long before it's initial opening day,we finished up at about 9 AM,the electricians got done about an hour after us.

Brian26
04-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I was at Comiskey Park all night long before it's initial opening day,we finished up at about 9 AM,the electricians got done about an hour after us.

Wow. Was there a cash incentive back then for your firms to get finished before a certain date? That was a rough winter, if I recall.

Daver
04-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Wow. Was there a cash incentive back then for your firms to get finished before a certain date? That was a rough winter, if I recall.

We had already completed all the scope of work under the contract,we were doing extras and correcting engineering and architectural mistakes.My job the night before opening day was replacing close to 800 floor drain covers that had been speced wrong in the prints,I still have about 400 of them.:redneck