PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 and Bottom 5!

Tekijawa
04-02-2004, 02:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2004/news/story?id=1692140

We're 15 one behind the twins... Detroit Beats out the Indians

Has the Fighting Fish as No. 6 too

SSN721
04-03-2004, 09:52 AM
and Mark Buehrle could join Esteban Loaiza to give the White Sox back-to-back 20-game winners.

I have to say I like this prediction, even though I feel it is quite optomistic. I am only worried that if Loaiza has another 20 win season we wont have him next year or perhaps be forced to choose between him in Maggs. If we are in contention and Maggs is not traded by the All-Star Break that is. But I still think there are at least as many question marks on the Twins as on the Sox. I feel their rotation is suspect and their bullpen as questionable as ours, if not worse. However as usual I still think it will be a toss-up between the Twins and Sox as it has been for awhile.

CubKilla
04-03-2004, 10:03 AM
I'd be happy with 15 wins out of MB and EL. 20 wins out of both and Garland finally having his predicted for the last 4 seasons breakout year and the White Sox will probably win the weak AL Central.

BTW..... I don't see Loaiza getting even remotely close to last years success. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see more than 13 for EL.

SoxBoy14
04-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I like how Houston is ranked higher than the cubs. I don't like how The twinkies are higher than us.

SoxxoS
04-03-2004, 12:38 PM
I think if Loiaza and Buerhle win 20 games and Garland has his "breakout" season and wins 15, we win this division by 8-10 games.

CubKilla
04-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I think if Loiaza and Buerhle win 20 games and Garland has his "breakout" season and wins 15, we win this division by 8-10 games.

That's alot of games with no real 4th or 5th starter and a BP that, on paper, doesn't strike fear into me or, probably, the opposition. But I agree wholeheartedly.

SoxxoS
04-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
That's alot of games with no real 4th or 5th starter and a BP that, on paper, doesn't strike fear into me or, probably, the opposition. But I agree wholeheartedly.

You got to figure that if those pitchers have that kind of results, we got off to a good start, which means KW will be making some moves (Everett/Alomar) to make us even stronger.

CubKilla
04-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
You got to figure that if those pitchers have that kind of results, we got off to a good start, which means KW will be making some moves (Everett/Alomar) to make us even stronger.

KW will WANT to make moves. After last season, will JR LET him?

SoxxoS
04-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Will JR let him? I think so. Contrary to popular belief, JR wants a winner too.

Deadguy
04-03-2004, 01:31 PM
KW will WANT to make moves. After last season, will JR LET him?

If the opposing team picks up a large chunk of the salary. I know Texas was still footing the bill for Everett's 9 million dollar salary, but I'm not sure about Alomar.

Daver
04-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
If the opposing team picks up a large chunk of the salary. I know Texas was still footing the bill for Everett's 9 million dollar salary, but I'm not sure about Alomar.

The Sox paid the League minimum salary to Robbie Alomar last year,the rest was paid by the Mets.

ondafarm
04-03-2004, 01:43 PM
I'd be happy with 15 wins out of MB and EL. 20 wins out of both and Garland finally having his predicted for the last 4 seasons breakout year and the White Sox will probably win the weak AL Central.

BTW..... I don't see Loaiza getting even remotely close to last years success. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see more than 13 for EL.

I disagree on a couple of these. MB should get 20. EL turned a corner last year, figure 18-20 from him. Garland at 15 is within reason and actually, DW at 15 is not out of the question. He's got the stuff, and his confidence seems to be back. SS is the biggest question mark in the rotation.

The bullpen may be troublesome, but with Marte and Koch both posting solid seasons should be okay.

The Sox should run away with the central, but go nowhere in the playoffs.

SoxFan76
04-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I like how Houston is ranked higher than the cubs. I don't like how The twinkies are higher than us.

That's because Houston is much better than the Cubs, and honestly, it doesn't bother me that the Twins are ranked above the Sox. For one, they are only one spot higher, and two, who has won the division the last 3 years?

LoveTheSox
04-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Contrary to popular belief, JR wants a winner too

Definitely fooled me.

SoxxoS
04-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheSox
Definitely fooled me.

He wants one, it's just he doesn't want it as bad as a...Steinbrenner, shall we say? :angry: :D:

owensmouth
04-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Anyone notice who wrote the article we're talking about? Dearly beloved Phil Rogers of the Chicago Cubune.

I just cannot accept that the Yankees are the best team, not with their starting pitching. They are rich in position players, yes, but I think that they are likely to lose two starters for extended periods.

Interesting that he puts Houstan ahead of the Cubs.