PDA

View Full Version : I wish Billy Koch would just go away

SoxxoS
04-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Billy. You say last year that you are going to have "5 really bad outings" throughout the year. You had about 14, and lost your closers job in the process. You lost your velocity, and you think you are going to get it back, which isn't going to happen. Then, Mr. Billy Shakespeare, you add this:

This spring, Koch has pitched 11 innings, allowing 14 hits and seven runs. "I think I've given up three hard-hit balls all spring," he said. "You're going to get blooped. You're going to get seeing-eye ground balls. You're going to get broken-bat base hits. That's part of the game."

Hey Billy, it is part of the game...but IT ALL AVERAGES OUT. For every bloop hit, you are going to get a hard hit ball right at someone. Don't go making up excuses this early in the season.

I am sick of him and his quotes...I am going to play a little Cleo here and predict he is still going to be horrible this year. He had a half year to get that velocity back, and judging by this spring, it hasn't happened. What makes ANYONE think he is going to turn back into the 2002 version? It wasn't this spring, that's for sure.

Quiet, Billy. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040401sox,1,3854254.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

gosox41
04-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Billy. You say last year that you are going to have "5 really bad outings" throughout the year. You had about 14, and lost your closers job in the process. You lost your velocity, and you think you are going to get it back, which isn't going to happen. Then, Mr. Billy Shakespeare, you add this:

Hey Billy, it is part of the game...but IT ALL AVERAGES OUT. For every bloop hit, you are going to get a hard hit ball right at someone. Don't go making up excuses this early in the season.

I am sick of him and his quotes...I am going to play a little Cleo here and predict he is still going to be horrible this year. He had a half year to get that velocity back, and judging by this spring, it hasn't happened. What makes ANYONE think he is going to turn back into the 2002 version? It wasn't this spring, that's for sure.

Quiet, Billy. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040401sox,1,3854254.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

I agree. I can't stand Billy-boy. I don't care how good of an attitude he has, he's not doing the job. I'd rather take my chances on Milton Bradley and his OBP and crappy attitude, then have Koch who is in complete denial of how bad he is and his 5.5 ERA and 90 MPH straight fastball.

Bob

CubKilla
04-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Botch blurts. I'm used to it.

I'm surprised he didn't bring up the "cursed" columns again.

Brian26
04-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I am sick of him and his quotes...I am going to play a little Cleo here and predict he is still going to be horrible this year.

Plus he F's with Frank on team bus, which is a big no-no in my book.

RedPinStripes
04-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Plus he F's with Frank on team bus, which is a big no-no in my book.

I wouldnt be too concerned about that. If it really bothered Frank, I'm positive he can get him to stop real quick. :)

RedPinStripes
04-03-2004, 01:08 PM
ha! Koch talking about bloop hits and broken bats! LMAO! I didnt see him break too many bats last year. And the reason for that is, he cant locate the ****in ball where he needs to to break a bat!

I'm surprised this guy wasnt on the DL with a strined neck last year. When he gave up hits his neck would turn so fast i thought he'd tear something in his neck by now. Billy Koch SHUT UP!

SoxxoS
04-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Just bumping this garbage to enrage everyone a little more.

My prediction...he is out of baseball in 2006. He isn't effective anymore. I don't believe he can even pitch middle relief anymore. We are obviously going to have to keep him, but he may make a phantom appearance on the DL very soon.