PDA

View Full Version : Bradley In Chicago?


ukigdog
04-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Although many argue the headaches that he would bring and this and that, but thats exactly what they said about Carl Everett, and look how positive he was to our team. Can you imagine adding a player like that talent and having Lee, Bradley, and Ordonez as our outfield, easily best in AL Central.

Look at Bradleys stats last year: 101 games

121 hits, 10 HR, 56 RBI, 64 BB, 17 SB

and from what i hear hes a stud in CF. Give him a full year and he can be dangerous!

Heres what espn insider had to say:

Chicago White Sox: Bradley would look pretty good standing between Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Lee. I don't think the Indians want to be reminded of him 19 times a year, though. On the other hand, they might get a kick out of watching the Sox deal with his hassles up close.

Rocky Soprano
04-02-2004, 12:25 PM
I think he is a good player, but I think its time to finally let Rowand do his thing.

rmusacch
04-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I think he is a good player, but I think its time to finally let Rowand do his thing.

I agree. Rowand has done enough to earn his shot. I just do not think that Bradley is worth the headaches.

ukigdog
04-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Whats wrong with bringing Bradley in as an insurance hitter. IF konerko or rowand start sucking he can come in and play and be good, or if he dont hell be hella fourth outfielder

Deadguy
04-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Rowand is a hardworking, blue-collar type who gives 100% regardless of the game situation or where we sit in the standings. This is the type of guy we should all get behind, and support.

Bradley is an arrogant, lazy, underachieving scum bag who just can't be counted on to do anything. I would have hard time cheering for this guy, not that I think the Sox would even give this guy a second look.

ukigdog
04-02-2004, 12:34 PM
I agree to let rowand play and i support him 100 percent, but i feel that if he doesnt perform, we have noone to back him right now that can make us a contender and i think that bradley would be that good backup, but nothing more. yes, we do have reed, sweeney, all those guys, but i think that if we had bradley who had played on this level we can still contend incase one of our guys dont perform

34 Inch Stick
04-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I was at a game last year and saw Bradley dog it on two balls hit to the gap. He could have caught the balls, but gave up on the catch almost from the crack of the bat.

SoxxoS
04-02-2004, 12:46 PM
"There is nothing worse than wasted talent"

Bradley fits that description to a tee. A big NO THANKS. Leave Rowand alone and evaluate him at the All Star Break.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-02-2004, 12:50 PM
:burly
"will the real centerfielder please stand up, please stand up"
:rowand
"uhhhhhhhhhh Dat'd be me. word to your mother"

Nick@Nite
04-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Milton Bradley is really Albert Belle in disguise... once is enough... No Thanks. (Again)

sas1974
04-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
Whats wrong with bringing Bradley in as an insurance hitter. IF konerko or rowand start sucking he can come in and play and be good, or if he dont hell be hella fourth outfielder

A guy w/ an ego as big as MB's is not going to sit quietly on the bench and wait his turn. He's going to b***h and moan that he's not playing. Then he's going to go out there and jog to first base as a bloop drops in the gap while he should have been standing on 2nd.

I, for one, am not in the mood for Milton Bradley's games. DOH!! I couldn't help myself.

jeremyb1
04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm not a fan of Bradley's attitude. No one likes rooting for headcases. The bottom line however is that we need better OBP and a better leadoff man and Bradley posted a .421 OBP last year! He won't do that again but pretty much anyone who can post an OBP over .360 would be a huge help to the club at this point especially if he can hit leadoff and fill in at one of our lesser positions (2B, CF). I really hope we're one of the five clubs involved in talks.

CHISOXFAN13
04-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
I agree to let rowand play and i support him 100 percent, but i feel that if he doesnt perform, we have noone to back him right now that can make us a contender and i think that bradley would be that good backup, but nothing more. yes, we do have reed, sweeney, all those guys, but i think that if we had bradley who had played on this level we can still contend incase one of our guys dont perform

So Cleveland wantd to trade this bum because he lacks heart and doesn't hustle, but you want to bring him in as a foirth outfielder?

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be fine with that.

depy48
04-02-2004, 02:00 PM
no doubt that bradley has his ups, but in the swing of things its clear that his negatives outweigh his positives. i vote for rowand starting in center...

hold2dibber
04-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Milton Bradley is really Albert Belle in disguise... once is enough... No Thanks. (Again)

That's not a valid comparison. Belle may have been a jerk, but I've never heard anyone suggest that he didn't work his tail off. Bradley is a lazy bum, OTOH.

wdelaney72
04-02-2004, 02:12 PM
I want Aaron Rowand. CF is the least of our problems at this point.

Area of greater concern:
1) Starting Pitching - 3, 4, 5 are all question marks. Garland has proven to be a 4 or 5. Otherwise, the Sox need to quality starters. Schoenweis and Wright don't make me very optimisti.

2) Bullpen - Koch is done. Takatsu looks like a bust. I like Marte, but he is not having a great spring either. Tom Gordon may be a drillrod for going to the evil empire, but he did a damn nice job of cleaning up Koch's mess last year. His performance will be SERIOUSLY missed.

3) SS - I'm glad Jose is having a nice spring, but that means nothing. When it counted last year, he batted .237. If he improves this year by batting only lefty, I'll retract my ciriticisms. Otherwise, Jose falls into the world of "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" The answer is "Nothing" (especially at $5 mill a year).

4) 2B - Willie Harris is a big ???? I want him to do well, but we just have to wait and see.

voodoochile
04-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
:burly
"will the real centerfielder please stand up, please stand up"
:rowand
"uhhhhhhhhhh Dat'd be me. word to your mother"

:burly
"I asked you to stand up... oh... you are standing..."

Nick@Nite
04-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
That's not a valid comparison. Belle may have been a jerk, but I've never heard anyone suggest that he didn't work his tail off. Bradley is a lazy bum, OTOH.

A big waste of time is what I see;

1) "Oh Milton, don't worry about team rules, they're for the other guys."

2) Albert Belle shows up to play, while alienating the rest of the team because he's socially challenged to the extreme.

That's a close enough comparison too me.

Milton Bradley? Don't pass go, don't collect $200.00.

SoxxoS
04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
I want Aaron Rowand. CF is the least of our problems at this point.

Area of greater concern:
1) Starting Pitching - 3, 4, 5 are all question marks. Garland has proven to be a 4 or 5. Otherwise, the Sox need to quality starters. Schoenweis and Wright don't make me very optimisti.

2) Bullpen - Koch is done. Takatsu looks like a bust. I like Marte, but he is not having a great spring either. Tom Gordon may be a drillrod for going to the evil empire, but he did a damn nice job of cleaning up Koch's mess last year. His performance will be SERIOUSLY missed.

3) SS - I'm glad Jose is having a nice spring, but that means nothing. When it counted last year, he batted .237. If he improves this year by batting only lefty, I'll retract my ciriticisms. Otherwise, Jose falls into the world of "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" The answer is "Nothing" (especially at $5 mill a year).

4) 2B - Willie Harris is a big ???? I want him to do well, but we just have to wait and see.

1. No starting rotation is perfect. Hopefully Cotts or Rauch can step in, b/c everyone (outside of KW) knows Showenweis can't cut it as a starter.

2. I think Cliff Politte was a great pickup and will fill Tom Gordon's role nicely, even though Pollite probably won't close.

3. .250 with 25 dongs playing defense like he played last year is definitely "something" He isn't worth 5 million, but there were few options, and none better. I think he is going to possibly have the highest average in his career this year, after he scraped hitting righty. He can't do any worse. SS is not a position we have to worry about.

4. Willie Harris and Uribe are question marks at the plate, but at least the defense will be OK.

mweflen
04-02-2004, 02:58 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040401&content_id=675327&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp

two words: uh-uh

OurBitchinMinny
04-02-2004, 05:21 PM
What has rowand ever done? I have seen nothing great out of him. If there is anyway to get bradley for a reasonable price Id do it. Rowand had a good spring. Not sure if he can sustain it for a whole year. I hope Im wrong and he blossoms, but with what Ive seen in his few stints, he hasnt impressed me outside of ST this year

Dub25
04-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Uh oh. The first Rowand hater in this thread. Here we go.

Dub25
04-02-2004, 05:26 PM
How long until this thread reaches 5 pages of crash bashing?

SEALgep
04-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
Uh oh. The first Rowand hater in this thread. Here we go. I will reluctantly bite my tongue. :D:

gosox41
04-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I think he is a good player, but I think its time to finally let Rowand do his thing.

I'd get Bradley and trade Lee for pitching. Put Rowand in LF, Bradley in CF. If Bradley or Rowand flop, Borchard and Reed are waiting in the wings. Plus the Sox need another starter.


Bob

SSN721
04-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
Uh oh. The first Rowand hater in this thread. Here we go.

Let the climactic battle begin. I also will bit my tongue. :D:

rahulsekhar
04-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
Although many argue the headaches that he would bring and this and that, but thats exactly what they said about Carl Everett, and look how positive he was to our team. Can you imagine adding a player like that talent and having Lee, Bradley, and Ordonez as our outfield, easily best in AL Central.


While I agree that Bradley's stats make a nice comparison, his attitude tells me - no way. We've good too many ?s, and attitude seems to finally not be one of them. No point in risking that. Especially when we'd be bringing this guy in as a 4th OF which would basicalyl guarantee him moping around.

As for the Everett comparison - it's offbase. Carl had some issues in Boston, but in other places he's been known as a great teammate, great with younger players, and a VERY hard worker. His main problem is that he's got some goofy beliefs that he espouses pretty strenuously along with his problems in Boston.

If Bradley had Carl's attitude & ethic to go with his talent, I'd take him in a heartbeat (but then he wouldnt be on the block).

A. Cavatica
04-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Plus the point that Everett actually helped the team is wrong.

santo=dorf
04-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Plus the point that Everett actually helped the team is wrong.

Really, do you have any substance to that thought? He hit .301 with 10 HR and 41 RBI's in 77 games. Why don't you go back to those gameday threads when we were playing the Twins in that crucial series? Carl was the only one putting the ball in play.