PDA

View Full Version : Game Off

joeywpb
04-02-2004, 11:15 AM
It looks like they canceled todays game-BOO. If this was yesterday I would have thought it's an April fools joke, but its not.

Irishsox1
04-02-2004, 11:23 AM
According to the Sox website, it's because of rain.

Mickster
04-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Don't like this at all. Thomas has played once in the last week. Tomorrow they are playing their final ST game at Milwaukee without a DH. I seriously doubt he will get any at-bats as I doubt Ozzie will place him at first instead of PK.

jeremyb1
04-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Don't like this at all. Thomas has played once in the last week. Tomorrow they are playing their final ST game at Milwaukee without a DH. I seriously doubt he will get any at-bats as I doubt Ozzie will place him at first instead of PK.

Supposedly his arm isn't up to playing 1B right now because of the injury so a pinch hitting opportunity is probably the most he can ask for.

Hangar18
04-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mickster

SOX missed the PR Boat once again, by NOT scheduling any of their last ST games at a Unique site. This game SHOULDVE BEEN PLAYED IN MILWAUKEE MILLER PARK. Stupid.
In Fact, til the Brewers come back to the AL Central, Their Final ST games should be played in MILWAUKEE against the Brewers
til further Notice

anewman35
04-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
SOX missed the PR Boat once again, by NOT scheduling any of their last ST games at a Unique site. This game SHOULDVE BEEN PLAYED IN MILWAUKEE MILLER PARK. Stupid.
In Fact, til the Brewers come back to the AL Central, Their Final ST games should be played in MILWAUKEE against the Brewers
til further Notice

How is this missing the PR boat? Do you think anybody besides hardcore Sox fans care where the Sox play Spring Training games? And I'm actually really happy they didn't go up to Milwaukee this year - it seems like every year, the Sox spend the last few days of spring training going all around the country for single games, which is crazy. Why wear down players right before the season?

CHISOXFAN13
04-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
How is this missing the PR boat? Do you think anybody besides hardcore Sox fans care where the Sox play Spring Training games? And I'm actually really happy they didn't go up to Milwaukee this year - it seems like every year, the Sox spend the last few days of spring training going all around the country for single games, which is crazy. Why wear down players right before the season?

I agree. So both teams should travel from Arizona only to play one or two games in front of minuscule crowds (and yes, I've been to each exhibition game at Miller Park) then both travel to Missuori for their season openers?

Makes no sense.

Viva Magglio
04-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
According to the Sox website, it's because of rain.

It is. Take a look at this Tucson Webcam (http://www.cs.arizona.edu/camera/).

RedPinStripes
04-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I was hoping Schowenweise would get lit up again so they realize he's not a stareter before the season starts.

CubKilla
04-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I was hoping Schowenweise would get lit up again so they realize he's not a stareter before the season starts.

If they don't know that by now, another bad start wouldn't change anything.

anewman35
04-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Apparently tomorrow's game is off now, too. So, I guess Spring Training is over. That was rather sudden.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Apparently tomorrow's game is off now, too. So, I guess Spring Training is over. That was rather sudden.

:KW
"Hey, what can I tell ya? We're as bored with it as you are."

:fans
"Play something that counts, dammit!"