PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Barry Rozner?

leftbehindbuck
04-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I am a huge Barry Rozner fan....he really seems to understand both Sox and Cubs fan as evidenced by his 3/31 article. (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_rozner.asp?intID=38077195)

The fundamental difference between Cubs and White Sox fans is quite simple.

Cubs fans are unrealistically optimistic, so they search endlessly for possible negatives that will temper their enthusiasm and give them something bad to feel better about themselves.

Let's face it, Cubs fans need worries to get them through the day.

Sox fans are the antithesis. They are unnecessarily pessimistic, but they search endlessly for the potential positives that will generate some enthusiasm and give them something good to feel better about themselves.

Sox fans need results to get them through the day.

I was talking to my buddy who is as die hearted of a Sox fan as I am a Cubs fan, and we agreed that statement above rang true about both of us.....not only that I also find Rozner to be very accurate in his predictions that he makes about possible moves the Cubs and Sox might make.....just wondering if you guys (Sox fans) enjoy his articles as much as I do....
Buck :gulp:

Railsplitter
04-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I think Rozner has more sense that most of the sports scribblers in the area, especially his office mate, Mike Imrem.

gogosoxgogo
04-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I agree with you buck. He is a very good writer. He really makes some good points and points things out that the 2 big papers are afraid to. I rarely disagree with him. He gets the most underrated award.