PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training is great!

KruseControl04
04-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Greetings from Tucson Arizona, my fellow White Sox fans. I'm down here for spring break with my family, staying at my aunt and uncle's house. We went to two Sox games this week, and witnessed them stomping on the Rockies on Monday, and their 5-5 tie (?) with Colorado today. I like the overall attitude of the club this year, and it seems like Ozzie Guillen has rubbed off a lot on many of the guys. For instance, during any one inning, you can see several players (even Frank Thomas) up off the bench in the dugout, and on the fence.
I'm really excited for the upcoming season, and I won't be suprised of Ozzie leads us to a division championship. I loved him as a player, and I hope I can continue to love him as a manager.
I might be going to the Sox' final spring training game against the d-backs tomorrow, but my parents want to leave early so we can do some sight-seeing on our return drive to Chicago. Who does that anyways?

OurBitchinMinny
04-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Why did it end in a tie? I mean this is not regular season hockey. JK. Im guessing neither team wanted to throw out any more pitchers since the rosters are getting thinner

KruseControl04
04-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Well, Guillen used about one pitcher per inning, so I don't know whether or not he really had anybody to come in and pitch the 10th. But I think both teams got what they needed to get out of the game, so they decided to just call it a draw. I would have liked to have seen a complete game, but I won't complain.

scottyl
04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Nice "Choked" hat. Where'd ya get that one?

OurBitchinMinny
04-01-2004, 09:45 PM
I got one of those too. My uncle picked it up for me in chicago...not exactly sure where. I wore it down when I went to scottsdale and saw the sox and a's play in phoenix.

KruseControl04
04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I got it a Sox fest. It was only 10 bucks. The street vendors will probably be selling them outside the Cell this season. I recomend all of you pick one up.