PDA

View Full Version : Sleeve patches

scottyl
04-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Anybody know if the Sox home jerseys will have any sleeve patches this year? Obviously the Comiskey Park patch is gone. Last year they had the All Star patches. Those are now gone. Are they going to have blank sleeves? I think they should put the white sock-diamond logo on the sleeve like on the road gray and black jerseys. I like that logo a lot as a secondary logo.

Yorke97
04-01-2004, 05:24 PM
I'd like to see the return of the Flying Sock, personally!

Hangar18
04-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Id like them to Put that Comiskey Park Patch Back on. That is probably the Coolest Patch Ive seen in Baseball. The Reds patch honoring the last year of Riverfront gets an honorable mention, but was only temporary. Heres YET another Idea.....
Make the Patch say "Comiskey Park at UsCellular Field"

The Critic
04-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Personally, I would like to see the Sox modify the black alternate jersey to feature the diamond sock logo on the chest where the Old English "Sox" currently is and have the OE Sox logo on a sleeve with the player's number on the other sleeve.
I think it'd look sharp - the diamond sock logo looks really cool and the Sox really don't utilize it like they should. I'd have put it on the BP cap too.

ode to veeck
04-02-2004, 12:07 AM
How about the dancing banana, done as a hologram so it looks like its dancing.

santo=dorf
04-02-2004, 12:23 AM
How about a shamrock so they can become the official team of the Irish?

doublem23
04-02-2004, 12:34 AM
it'd be nice to have a patch with the chicago flag on it, but that's too good an idea for the sox to ever come up with.

:reinsy
Blue thread costs more money, anyway.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-02-2004, 01:19 AM
How about a patch that actually is full of adrenaline and pumps it into the players to keep them fired up. OR an electroshocker that zaps em when they do something stupid or act lazy.

SSN721
04-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
it'd be nice to have a patch with the chicago flag on it, but that's too good an idea for the sox to ever come up with.

:reinsy
Blue thread costs more money, anyway.

I really like this idea. The Chicago flag is quite unique and dare I say relatively well recognized all over the country. I think it would add quite a lot to the jersey. Would love to see it. :D:

MarqSox
04-02-2004, 07:34 AM
I'd like to combine two great ideas from this thread. Give me a black jersey with a big diamond sock logo on the left breast and a Chicago flag (perhaps 2 x 4.5 inches) on the right sleeve. I love the Old English Sox logo, but it could be left off that jersey. That would be tight.

Any Photoshoppers want to create that so we can see how it'd look?

Rush20
04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I would like to see the Chicago script on the black alternate road jerseys similar to the gray road uniform. Keep SOX for home and CHICAGO for road. Add the Sox/Diamond patch on all sleeves and put the Chicago flag back on the helmets.