PDA

View Full Version : A Fresh (and safe) Approach!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-09-2001, 03:38 PM
I'm really feeling bad about all the animosity generated by the recent threads regarding the relative value of Royce Clayton and Jose Valentin at shortstop. Clearly everyone has an opinion on this (the topic hasn't exhausted itself this entire season) but many members are simply afraid to say any more for fear of the repercussions.

Here's a safe approach.

I'm going to create three "official" threads. The first is a poll where everyone can vote in secrecy and express their opinion freely, if they choose to. Absolutely NO replies to someone else's opinion will be allowed on this first thread. Such replies will be moved by the moderators. (That's what the other two threads are for). You're opinion is 100 pecent safe here.

The other two "official threads" will be reserved for listing reasons supporting a position or refuting another.

1. "Shortstop Clayton should be benched/traded because..."

2. "Shortstop Valentin should be moved/traded because..."

(Clayton is a career shortstop. Either he plays SS or nowhere at all).

The idea behind all of this is to finally separate everyone's opinions from the reasons they support those opinions. You'll have at least one "safe" place for your opinion, and two official threads to give support to a position or counter another position.

Yes this is extraordinary, but so is the subject. We have two camps with their own reasons supporting their position. Here's the most logical (and SAFE) way to discuss the issue!

Go Sox!

-PHG

Jerry_Manuel
09-09-2001, 10:41 PM
Is there a reason that this keeps bumping itself to the top of the page? Just make it a sticky so it stays at the top of the damn page.

FarWestChicago
09-09-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Is there a reason that this keeps bumping itself to the top of the page? Just make it a sticky so it stays at the top of the damn page. My. my. A little testy today, eh, Young Jer?

Jerry_Manuel
09-09-2001, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
My. my. A little testy today, eh, Young Jer?

No West it's just annoying that the time on that post keeps changing and I keep clicking on it thinking it is a new post. So yes it's my fault because I keep clicking it. But it's still a pain in the ass.

FarWestChicago
09-09-2001, 10:51 PM

No West it's just annoying that the time on that post keeps changing and I keep clicking on it thinking it is a new post. So yes it's my fault because I keep clicking it. But it's still a pain in the ass. LOL! Look at the number of replies and settle down. It's not good for your blood pressure! :)

Jerry_Manuel
09-09-2001, 11:00 PM
LOL! Look at the number of replies and settle down. It's not good for your blood pressure! :)

Oh I'm fine, it was just getting on my nervous there for awhile. PHG if you are reading this never pull a stunt like this again.
PLEASE!

FarWestChicago
09-09-2001, 11:04 PM

Oh I'm fine, it was just getting on my nervous there for awhile. PHG if you are reading this never pull a stunt like this again.
PLEASE! He didn't do it. I did.

Jerry_Manuel
09-09-2001, 11:05 PM
He didn't do it. I did.

I should have known as much.
Please never pull a stunt like this on me again.

FarWestChicago
09-09-2001, 11:07 PM

I should have known as much.
Please never pull a stunt like this on me again. Oh, I will. It's a hack I installed a couple of weeks ago. I love it.

Jerry_Manuel
09-09-2001, 11:10 PM
Oh, I will. It's a hack I installed a couple of weeks ago. I love it.

:cleo
I will know when you are playing the mind games.