PDA

View Full Version : A Franchise Guy? Some Wishful Thinking

Clarkdog
07-24-2001, 03:06 PM
Something that I have always wondered about the Sox:

Frank Thomas is an awesome force at the plate, no question and I wouldn't want him wearing anything but a Sox uniform. Two time MVP, etc.

But even though he is great, he has never been the kind of marketable star that I think he should be. I wonder what the club would be like if the Sox had that star and who would it be?

To me, I'd love to have Ivan Rodriguez. How awesome would the Sox be, and what an impact he could have on this team both from its play to its marketability on a national stage.

It'll never happen. But you can always wonder.

If you had one player that we could get, without salary as an option. Who would it be?

Soxheads
07-24-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog

If you had one player that we could get, without salary as an option. Who would it be? :payrod its just because we share the same first names

beausox
07-24-2001, 03:16 PM
Magglio has that kinda of happy-go-lucky baseball is nothing but fun attitude that could turn him into a marketbale franchise guy. Griffey would be the one guy that would have the guys at Baseball Tonight talking about the Sox constantly (and in a good way)

Tragg
07-24-2001, 06:53 PM
Rodriguez would be a bad buy right now. He's hitting 30 years old, and the odds are those knees are going to start getting shaky soon. He's got a great arm, but his offense, while good, is not great - certainly not as great as proclaimed by the baseball gods. He's also ridiculously expensive.
No sale, IMO.

A really solid defensive catcher would be nice for our club, however.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-24-2001, 07:10 PM
A really solid defensive catcher would be nice for our club, however.

Yeah, like Charles Johnson?!?!?

Oh..... wait......