PDA

View Full Version : Great Article on FoxSports

fledgedrallycap
04-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Describing an unsettling world if the Cubs win. This guy should join our cause:

Unfortunately, you can't do much, dear reader. Root for the Astros. They're cursed worse than the Cubs (look it up), and the people of Houston need it in the wake of the Enron scandal. Or root for the Cardinals. They invented beer at the ballpark AND Harry Caray, and that should count for something.

Beyond that, brace yourselves. These are not happy times. Unplug your cable TV, forget to pay your electric bill, flush your computer down the toilet, and cancel the morning paper.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2279940

Baby Fisk
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I hate stuff like this. The guy is jumping on the already overcrowded bandwagon to write about people jumping on the bandwagon. This virulent strain of Cubmania '04 going around is a fad that, like all fads, will go bust. Especially when they bottom out by mid-season and the Sox are the only team in town with a winning record. The ignorant shall suffer, big time.

No one is paying much attention to the Sox and I like that. It will make their division win that much of a bigger shock to the bandwagoners in October. Sure I'm engaged in a bit of pipe dreaming, but I'm sick of hearing about the Cubs.

BTW -- anybody know anything about the Astros curse he refers to?

DrummerGeorgefan
04-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I always laugh at the pictures of those trixie-fad cub fans crying at the end of game 7 last year. They were scared that their new visor would go out of fashion.........

I can only hope for the same this year

SoxBoy14
04-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
I always laugh at the pictures of those trixie-fad cub fans crying at the end of game 7 last year. They were scared that their new visor would go out of fashion.........

I can only hope for the same this year

I laugh my a** off when they show the pictures of the drunken idiot cub fans after they lost game 7 cheering and shouting thinking the cubs won. That was a cheerful reminder why I am a Sox fan.

Hangar18
04-01-2004, 11:54 AM
What an EXCELLENT, TIMELY, and HUMOROUS article.
Everything in that Article reflects topics that have been discussed here at WSI for quite some time. Makes me feel good knowing Wsi'ers are Ahead of the Game so to speak. Why do you think
so many "journalists" hang out here, and lurk? dont think for a minute, that writer didnt come here once or twice to visit .......

TommyJohn
04-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
What an EXCELLENT, TIMELY, and HUMOROUS article.
Everything in that Article reflects topics that have been discussed here at WSI for quite some time. Makes me feel good knowing Wsi'ers are Ahead of the Game so to speak. Why do you think
so many "journalists" hang out here, and lurk? dont think for a minute, that writer didnt come here once or twice to visit .......

You're chortling over what this moron wrote? I think you'd
better take a second look at this article. I quote "Cub fans, please accept our congratulations on your first World
Series title since 1906."

The Cubs last title was in 1908. Last time I checked the
baseball history book, something this clown didn't bother
doing, it was the White Sox who won the World Series in

chisox06
04-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
You're chortling over what this moron wrote? I think you'd
better take a second look at this article. I quote "Cub fans, please accept our congratulations on your first World
Series title since 1906."

The Cubs last title was in 1908. Last time I checked the
baseball history book, something this clown didn't bother
doing, it was the White Sox who won the World Series in

Wheww good for a minute I thought my screen name was representing a Cubs World Series. :D:

SSN721
04-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk

BTW -- anybody know anything about the Astros curse he refers to?

The Astros have never won or been to the World Series, and I also beleive that they have never won a post-season series despite going to the playoffs 5 or 6 times in the teams history. I dont think it is a curse but more of the fact Houston has never had a winning team there.