PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4.1.04

Hangar18
04-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Mike Kiley couldnt help himself today. He not Once, but Twice
today, and 4 of his last 6 articles, used the terms "cubs world series". The guy just cant help himself and is quickly becoming one of the WORST "journalists" this town has ever seen.

Sox continue to slowly Lose Ground to the cubs with "coverage". Ron Rapoports CubLust goes so far as to writing an article on how to help The Messiah with some "unconventional" treatment. Mr Rapoport, is The Messiah healthy that important to you?

Here are some INTERESTING Past 5 Day Stats to Chew On:
Cub-Times put out 20 stories cubby related
Cub-Times put out 7 stories sox related

Cubune put out 18 cubby related stories
Cubune put out 10 sox related stories
Pretty Brutal.

Chicago Cubune:
2 cub stories
3 sox stories

Chicago Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
1 sox stories

Standings since SPRING TRAINING BEGAN:
CUBS 274
SOX 159

Eddie Gaedel
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Standings since SPRING TRAINING BEGAN:

thanks. it puts it into perspective.

santo=dorf
04-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Hangar, did you see that article on the back of the sports section in which Phil Rogers says Sammy is the best right fielder in the NL and Joe Borowski is on the rise as a closer? Since when has a journeyman pitcher who had one good season, and proceeds to lose velocity on his fast ball on the rise? I think Octavio Dotel is a closer on the rise. Makes you wonder how much input the Tribune might have when there are articles written about their own players.

ode to veeck
04-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Am I reading this right, or did we win the 4/1 battle at the Cub-Times three to two?! Some editor's head will likely be on the chopping block today, probably rolling in the door downstairs at the Billy Goat by this afternoon.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I would like to add those stats the number of times Peter Gammons mentioned the Cubs on tv.

That guy has irked me ever since at the beginning of last year he said that the Sox and Tigers should be contracted. He reasoned that the Sox getting flooded out of the Chicago Market by the Cubs. Basically conceding this is a cub town. Apparently the New England Sage forgot that as long as a Daley runs this town, it will always be a sox town.

SoxBoy14
04-01-2004, 11:30 AM
It seems as if the media forgot about the Sox. I was at Walgreens and as I was standing in line I took a glimpse at a Readers Digest with the cover Chicago's Heros and it had a picture of Prior and Sosucks. At a Borders when you walk in there's a rack full of books called The Big Book of Cubs Fans, the only Sox books in the store where way in the back hidden in the shelves. The 2004 encyclopedia of Baseball has a picture of Corky. What have we done to deserve this treatment???

DrummerGeorgefan
04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
They dont put sox books up front as impulse buys because sox fans unlike cub fans dont need to read books to understand their team

Hangar18
04-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
I would like to add those stats the number of times Peter Gammons mentioned the Cubs on tv.

That guy has irked me ever since at the beginning of last year he said that the Sox and Tigers should be contracted. He reasoned that the Sox getting flooded out of the Chicago Market by the Cubs. Basically conceding this is a cub town. Apparently the New England Sage forgot that as long as a Daley runs this town, it will always be a sox town.

Maybe you can keep track of that Starting TODAY .......

poorme
04-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
It seems as if the media forgot about the Sox.

What have the Sox done worth remembering?

Hangar18
04-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by poorme
What have the Sox done worth remembering?

Good Point. But what turning the tables .........
What have the Cubs done to deserve Double the MEdia attention
in the 1980's and 1990's ??? oh....those 6 world championships....

poorme
04-02-2004, 09:31 AM
It's not fair, obviously, but the White Sox do nothing to help themselves.