PDA

View Full Version : DJ and Hawk-- background?

SouthBendSox
03-31-2004, 05:46 PM
SO did we ever reach a consensus on why they don't like each other?

dickallen15
03-31-2004, 06:16 PM
I really think they do like each other. They golf a lot together. There were a couple of times when they seemed to fued on the air, but haven't you fueded with a friend and/or co worker before, and still liked them?

SEALgep
03-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
I really think they do like each other. They golf a lot together. There were a couple of times when they seemed to fued on the air, but haven't you fueded with a friend and/or co worker before, and still liked them? Ya, I agree.

gogosoxgogo
03-31-2004, 11:55 PM
The first season together, they had some real bad chemistry together, but they've been fine the last couple of years. I think it was just DJ taking some time to get used to Hawk. Hawk is not exactly the easiest announcer to work with. He is a PBP man doing color. He has a story for everything and rarely lets his color man chime in. I think DJ has come to realize this and has basically shut up and let Hawk do what he wants. But hey, it's working.

npdempse
04-01-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
The first season together, they had some real bad chemistry together, but they've been fine the last couple of years. I think it was just DJ taking some time to get used to Hawk. Hawk is not exactly the easiest announcer to work with. He is a PBP man doing color. He has a story for everything and rarely lets his color man chime in. I think DJ has come to realize this and has basically shut up and let Hawk do what he wants. But hey, it's working.

DJ has occasionally opined things on air that simply lack any baseball sense, like advocating sliding into first.

Hawk calls him on it, and it can get a little ugly. But I genuinely believe they get along.

SEALgep
04-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
DJ has occasionally opined things on air that simply lack any baseball sense, like advocating sliding into first.

Hawk calls him on it, and it can get a little ugly. But I genuinely believe they get along. I think they found some common ground on that topic with the acquisition of Robbie Alomar. Both like him a lot as a player, and I don't recall Hawk making a big deal when he slid into first, because of how he played the game.

HITMEN OF 77
04-01-2004, 01:58 AM
They seemed like good buddies at Soxfest this year.

Blueprint1
04-01-2004, 02:31 AM
They both kiss JR and KW's butts so they are not going anywhere.

fledgedrallycap
04-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
I really think they do like each other. They golf a lot together. There were a couple of times when they seemed to fued on the air, but haven't you fueded with a friend and/or co worker before, and still liked them?

That about sums it up. When you spend that much time working closely with someone, arguments/disagreements/etc. are bound to happen. The problem with thier relationship is, when an incedent occurs you have thousands of people watching/listening.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-01-2004, 09:33 AM
I would rather listen to Hawk's stories than listen to DJ. The guy has the tv presence of dry wall. If I had to work with guy like that for 162 days out of the year I would go crazy.