PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's Outlook

SoxBoy14
03-31-2004, 02:24 PM
From what I've read and heard I believe Ozzie is going to be a great manager. According to whitesox.com Ozzie is more of a players coach and talks to them as if he were a player too. He also gets very into the games and is almost never sitting down(which may result in him getting thrown out a couple of games). He seems to know what he's doing, and what I like a lot about him is he doesn't care who the player is, everyone has high expectations. We'll see what the regular season brings.

The Critic
03-31-2004, 02:42 PM
My main concern is how he's going to react to losing streaks when the games count. I think he'll be okay, just going by what I've seen and heard so far. He seems to have the guys solidly behind him, and that can ONLY be seen as a good sign.

jordan23ventura
04-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by The Critic
My main concern is how he's going to react to losing streaks when the games count. I think he'll be okay, just going by what I've seen and heard so far. He seems to have the guys solidly behind him, and that can ONLY be seen as a good sign.

Yeah. It seemed like last year everyone tried to take the blame off Manuel and put it on themselves, but no one really said anything positive about him. When someone did it often came off as forced. It's good to know that the players actually believe in their manager, and their manager believes in them.

SoxBoy14
04-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by The Critic

I'm also worried about how he'll react to a losing streak. Hopefully he gets everyone more motivated, instead of publicly degrading them during press conferences.

voodoochile
04-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I'm also worried about how he'll react to a losing streak. Hopefully he gets everyone more motivated, instead of publicly degrading them during press conferences.

I think that will depend on why they are losing. If they are just getting beat, it is one thing. If they are playing corpse ball, look out. Hopefully it won't happen too often and the team will stay motivated, but they will eventually tune him out if he just yells everytime something goes wrong.