PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight

JohnBasedowYoda
03-31-2004, 12:48 AM
I really wanna watch this show...but it's so useless to sox fans. It's a good way for me to keep up on teams i really don't care about...but here's what they showed for our boys tonight
Konerko grounding out and Bonds hitting a home run. They make it seem like we lost that game somehow....

Everyday I seem to drift more radical towards my hatred of the media ala our man Hangar 18

SEALgep
03-31-2004, 12:54 AM
Same thing on the news. They showed an in the park homerun from Alou against Seattle, when the lost 16-4, and all they show on the Sox is the score, 10-3. Whatever I guess, if we win during the season, they can only ignore us for so long.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-31-2004, 01:00 AM
It is painfully obvious, the media favoritism. I visited home one weekend and was talking Sox with the pops, and he was pissed 'cause the trib showed the Cubs schedule twice and didn't show the sox at all (this was a while ago).

Besides appreciating a more serious fanbase and better and more accesible stadium, i love being a Sox fan. Rooting for the sox is like giving a neglected orphan getting some love, cheering for the underdog and so on. Gunning for your team through the years shows major cojones.

Bye the way as usual at this time of night, i've had a few cold ones

SoxxoS
03-31-2004, 01:04 AM
This parallels major league:

"There is only one thing left to do..."

"What's that?"

"Win the whole, F'n thing."

That is what we need to do. Then we'll get our props.

soxnut
03-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Same thing on the news. They showed an in the park homerun from Alou against Seattle, when the lost 16-4, and all they show on the Sox is the score, 10-3. Whatever I guess, if we win during the season, they can only ignore us for so long.

The media is a joke for the most part. Yeah, as soon as we start winning, they'll give us props.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-31-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
It is painfully obvious, the media favoritism. I visited home one weekend and was talking Sox with the pops, and he was pissed 'cause the trib showed the Cubs schedule twice and didn't show the sox at all (this was a while ago).

Besides appreciating a more serious fanbase and better and more accesible stadium, i love being a Sox fan. Rooting for the sox is like giving a neglected orphan getting some love, cheering for the underdog and so on. Gunning for your team through the years shows major cojones.

Bye the way as usual at this time of night, i've had a few cold ones

I love that movie
:ozzie
"we're not even recognized in our home town

Rocklive99
03-31-2004, 01:16 AM
I hear ya man, it is hard to ignore. I remember the 1st game of spring training; the Flubs got killed by the Giants. The 3 highlights shown on ESPN were: 1) Bonds grounding out, 2) A Sosa catch in the OF, 3) A Corey Patterson homerun.

It's so annoying, I wish they would stop ignoring how unloveable the Flubs are, and look at the facts (Wrigley crime stats, Cub fan attacks umpire in our stadium, etc)

JRIG
03-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Plus somehow John Kruk has a job with BT this year. I doubt he'll say anything of substance all season long. It's bad enough having to sit through Harold Reynolds.

WhiteSox = Life
03-31-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
Plus somehow John Kruk has a job with BT this year. I doubt he'll say anything of substance all season long. It's bad enough having to sit through Harold Reynolds.

I saw an episode the other night, and now it's left to Ravech sitting around as Kruk tries to out-do Reynolds in stupid statements and/or unbelievable predictions.

JRIG
03-31-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I saw an episode the other night, and now it's left to Ravech sitting around as Kruk tries to out-do Reynolds in stupid statements and/or unbelievable predictions.

Did you hear Reynolds predict the Devil Rays will finish third in the East?! Made me throw a shoe at my television.

Jerko
03-31-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by JRIG

It was funny hearing Kruk say how terrible Chavez is against lefties after that stellar at bat he had against Randy Johnson in that one All-Star game. Now I know Johnson is nasty to face, especially for a lefty, but I just thought that was inappropriate coming from him. He DID say Thomas was a perfect DH too because he's a "poor fielder", but I guess the 100 point higher BA he has when he plays first doesn't mean anything to John Manue..........er, Kruk either.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
ok on the sportscenter top ten, konerko grounding out was number 6.....***

i feel like i'm taking crazy pills

santo=dorf
03-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
ok on the sportscenter top ten, konerko grounding out was number 6.....***

i feel like i'm taking crazy pills

NO, get out of here. Let's just go 162-0 and see if we get some coverage.

TaylorStSox
03-31-2004, 02:17 AM
The Cubs deserve more press than us this year. They're the better team. It angers me when we're the better team (pretty much always) but this year is different. Hence, it doesn't bother me one bit.

mrwag
03-31-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
The Cubs deserve more press than us this year. They're the better team. It angers me when we're the better team (pretty much always) but this year is different. Hence, it doesn't bother me one bit.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If we had won 2 more games last year (thinking about Detroit and Tampa Bay), the records would have been the same. Now that we might actually have a real manager, I think the Sox are going to surprise some people. They've underachieved for 3 years.

soxtalker
03-31-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm not too unhappy that we're flying under the radar screen of the national media right now. I guess that I would be if I were living in another city and had to rely upon them for my news about the Sox. But it is just fine if most of the media and, hopefully, other teams think of us as a team that can be beaten easily.

Here in Chicago the story is a little different. It is irritating when the only clips are from the Cubs.