PDA

View Full Version : USA Today: Konerko 3rd smartest player

Bisco Stu
03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
in our division.

Uh, yeah, if we've suddenly been relocated to the Warsaw Central Division, maybe...

Bisco Stu
03-30-2004, 11:46 PM
On a serious noted, Frank was voted most feared hitter and Mags best hitter.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-31-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
in our division.

Uh, yeah, if we've suddenly been relocated to the Warsaw Central Division, maybe...

ok watch it with that warsaw stuff man

Bisco Stu
03-31-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

Bisco Stu
03-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Would "Special Olympics" Central Division be less offensive?

Jerko
03-31-2004, 12:40 AM
Would "Special Olympics" Central Division be less offensive?

Not to the Special Olympians! THEY at least know not to hit screaming one hoppers to the shortstop with one out and a guy at first while possessing less speed than your average turnip.

monkeypants
03-31-2004, 01:03 AM
And USA Today was named the 2nd crappiest source for news next to Fox.

Bisco Stu
03-31-2004, 03:28 AM
Again I apologize. I had a Paul Hornung moment...

1951Campbell
03-31-2004, 08:09 AM
What, did USA Today get the abbreviations "GPA" and "GIDP" confused?

A. Cavatica
03-31-2004, 08:15 AM
You have to be pretty smart to get a PK contract with PK's skills.

34 Inch Stick
03-31-2004, 10:29 AM
Again I apologize. I had a Paul Hornung moment...

I'll chalk it up to a Jimmy the Greek moment and let it go. I can take a joke as well as the next guy (and believe me I've heard them all), but that comment has no place on this board.

By the way isn't Konerko of Polish ancestry?

Veeky
03-31-2004, 10:40 AM
I'll chalk it up to a Jimmy the Greek moment and let it go. I can take a joke as well as the next guy (and believe me I've heard them all), but that comment has no place on this board.

With Copernicus, Ezhi Letz, Lem and Polanski, I'll say.

faneidde
03-31-2004, 11:03 AM
I hope PK has a great season this year if for no other reason than to make all of you people eat crow. He had a bad year, he's not a horrible player.

munchman33
03-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Post of the week, man. Post of the week.

Fridaythe13thJason
03-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
I hope PK has a great season this year if for no other reason than to make all of you people eat crow. He had a bad year, he's not a horrible player.

I agree. I can't handle the PK bashing. It happens, people have bad years. He picked it up at the end, and hopefully he hits 35 homers and people quit chewing his head off.

Frank the Tank
03-31-2004, 12:56 PM
in our division.

Kiss my dupa, and die.

Deadguy
03-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
He picked it up at the end,

Yeah, if you call finishing the season in a 3 for 47 slump, "picking it up".

and hopefully he hits 35 homers and people quit chewing his head off.

Shouldn't this be in deep pink? Yeah, if he does something he's never done before, that might get people off his back. Then again, considering his low walk rate, he'll probably still have an OPS below .900, which still wouldn't justify his salary.

It's not his fault that managment idiotically stuck this contract under his nose to sign. It is his fault for falling flat on his face in the year we needed him the most.

jordan23ventura
03-31-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by UICJason

I agree. I can't handle the PK bashing. It happens, people have bad years. He picked it up at the end, and hopefully he hits 35 homers and people quit chewing his head off.

me too. hell, i hope he posts 20 by the allstar break. then we can package him w/ schoenweis and get a starter.

more likely, he'll have about 13 or so w/ a .270 avg. Can't do too much w/ that.

maurice
03-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by monkeypants
And USA Today was named the 2nd crappiest source for news next to Fox.

Originally posted by 1951Campbell
What, did USA Today get the abbreviations "GPA" and "GIDP" confused?

Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Originally posted by Deadguy
Yeah, if you call finishing the season in a 3 for 47 slump, "picking it up". . . . Yeah, if he does something he's never done before, that might get people off his back.

LMAO!

:threadrules:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-31-2004, 04:10 PM
I was just kidding, the Polish joke didn't offend me and i love PK. He's gonna rock it this year. Funny stuff you guys are posting otherwise

faneidde
03-31-2004, 04:51 PM
:threadsucks

Just like all the other PK bashing I've had to listen to around here. He's got 2 HR today and is 3-5.

maurice
03-31-2004, 05:42 PM
. . . the only HRs he hit all spring. I guess he got KW's memo to get off his lazy ass.

While the entire team has been raking, PK has been a vastly overpaid singles hitter, managing to outperform only the third-string catcher (but not the fifth-string catcher). If it wasn't for his ridiculous contract, he would have been cut or rotting on the bench since last June in favor of baseball greats such as Ross Gload and Brian Daubach.

If KW could trade PK for a used piece of chewing gum, he'd (rightly) do it in a minute. Unfortunately, he can't find any takers.