PDA

View Full Version : BIG Willie Style!

row18
03-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Have anyone notice that Willie is above .300, can you say table setter?!

MRKARNO
03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Can you say it's only Spring Training and he could just as easily hit .200 again back on the major league club against major league pitching?

I think he'll do a lot better than that (.260-.270), but that's still not good enough for our leadoff man, especially considering that Harris is not considered to be a patient hitter.

Veeky
03-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Willie Harris been impressive lately after a terrible start, but let's keep in perspective: he has never hit before, save for 1 month in repeat year of AAA.

While cheap guys like Roberts are available, taking a gamble on Willie make no sense. At least guys like Rowand and Crede have shown flashes of quality ML-dom, so staking the season on them doesn't carry the same risk.

The only person this spring who is overloooked is the guy who is hitting .400 leading the team in slugging, RBIs, runs, walks and zero errors . I don't wanna jinx him, so you're gonna have to guess his name.

chisox06
03-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Now if only we can start "getttin shingy wit it" we'll be all set. Gotta say Willie has turned it up a notch, good for him, Im up in the air on who the job should go to.

TaylorStSox
03-31-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm still confident that Willie can get it done. When's the last time we had a true speed guy at the top of the line up. Lofton was old. Singleton had horrible technique and Ray thought he was 6'4/230.

The_Floridian
03-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Man alive, you'd think no player in history ever had growth potential. Might it not be POSSIBLE that Willie will be a better player now that he's had a bit more experience. He was smokin' in AAA after he got sent down. Maybe that was the kick he needed.

And yeah, he didn't show good patience at the plate last year, but you'd have to not be paying attention to say that's held true this spring. His plate patience is much better, as is his fielding and his hitting.

Give the guy a break. He's worth a decent look.

I'VE SEEN WILLIE HARRIS! WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME?

SoxxoS
03-31-2004, 12:17 AM
I think a platoon with Uribe, as long as both players can play effectively with time off (which I don't think is the case) then we can have a pretty good combo at 2nd.

Don't forget, Willie's got great range. Hawk said so. And Juan Uribe had nearly as many win shares as AROD, if I recall correctly.

Did someone say...World Series?

SEALgep
03-31-2004, 12:18 AM
He's been patient at the plate lately.

ode to veeck
03-31-2004, 12:34 AM
Singleton was the pits as a lead off, he never met a pitch he didn't like and his OBP showed it.

:slowswing

"Hey I resemble that remark!"

SEALgep
03-31-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Singleton was the pits as a lead off, he never met a pitch he didn't like and his OBP showed it.

:slowswing

"Hey I resemble that remark!" And he got cut from Pittsburg, enough said.

JRIG
03-31-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
And he got cut from Pittsburg, enough said.

He was cut because he didn't pass a physical, but the spirit of the post remains true.

doublem23
03-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Is Aaron Rowand still hitting like .600?

SEALgep
03-31-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Is Aaron Rowand still hitting like .600? Like .350 or so.

34 Inch Stick
03-31-2004, 11:19 AM
If Willie has a high OBP and plays well defensively the complexion of the entire lineup changes. I hope the best for him. At this time of year I will only channel positive vibes.